THR Toddlermom - one down!!

And here's the reading! First - everybody gets a free copy of the recovery reading!

Here are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!
- be active as much as you need to be but not more than is necessary, meaning so much that you end up being in pain, exhausted or desperate to sit down or lay down!

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery
Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key
Activity progression for THRs
Home physio (PT)
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

@Toddlermom- Thinking of you today and sending you best wishes for a super surgery. Don't worry about posting until you're ready. Take good care of YOU and rest up! :flwrysmile:

Best of luck to you @Toddlermom for a successful and uneventful surgery! See you on the other side. :flwrysmile:

what a trooper! Keep up your wonderfully positive attitude, it will serve you well during recovery! I'm praying for a perfect surgery and an easy recovery. How wonderful that you have your parents (or is it mom) staying with you for 7 to 10 days! I was pretty much self sufficient within a week, but that was me and you are you. I'd keep your help there as long as possible, as you have much on your plate with taking care of little ones! Hugs!

I hope everything went well!

Hi @Toddlermom ! thinking of you and hoping for a very easy surgery day and post op recovery!!
You've got this!

We will all be here eagerly waiting to hear how it all went !
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Gonna try to write for a minute. Surgery went well, and I took a spin with my walker around the room and out into the hospital hall for a brief peek. :scary:Overall, I am doing fine. However my blood pressure is very low, so the doc has adjusted some of my meds around until I get back to a BP of 90+ (My regular hovers in the mid 90's). Hoping hat I can get full dose of tramadol soon. They have me on several other things that won't lower my BP.

It has been 13 hours since surgery, and it ITCHY! The spinal, they tell me. Will follow up later when I am less foggy.:mcoffee:

Glad to hear from you on the other side. Looking forward to hearing more great things during your recovery.

One done and good to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing more posts about your fabulous recovery!

YAY!! Well done you! Can't wait to hear more

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@Toddlermom Great to hear surgery went well. Hope your recovery goes just as well. Well done. That's one hip done, your half way there. Get some well deserved rest and will wait to see how your get on.
:yay:

So happy for you! Rest lots and look forward to hearing more when you're up to it :)

RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom