Guest viewing is limited

THR Toddlermom - one down!!

@Toddlermom - so pleased to hear your updates - and in particular that Houston no longer has a problem. :blush:
I'm planning on stool softeners and plenty of prune juice and hubby says he'll send up a ferret if that doesn't work :flabber: (he's a Yorkshireman).
We've downloaded the complete box set of Downtown as we wanted to watch it right through. It's so comforting to watch isn't it. Been to Chatsworth House today (Google it) my most favourite place in the whole world. I swear Julian Fellowes based much of Downton on the family and home. When your hip is better come over and visit it! You'll love having your smalls home again ... Have fun :yahoo:
 
@Miss Muffet. My potty tower is so tall that it is going to be quite an attraction for the kids. They might need a full blown ladder rather than a step. I needed a step.....but I will remember ......a ferret in a pinch!!! I am impressed by your dear husband's resourcefulness. We have some friends who live outside of Birmingham and we were the witnesses at their wedding. It was held at Grafton Manor and we were able to stay the night!!! It has been too long since we have been across the pond--
 
@Toddlermom

Prayers sent that those little ones will come home and be the quietest and best little helpers on earth! :)

Ahhh, the hospital bed! I'd throw everything I purchased in the garbage just to keep my hospital bed. The best investment I made for sure!

As far as the NSAIDs and the uncemented hip topic. I had read Josephine's post on the issue (as well as the study online) and decided I would decline them should my OS order them upon release from the hospital. Well, he did order them and I did decline them. Today, at my follow-up visit, I told him that I declined taking them and he was perfectly fine with my decision. Not that I made the "right" decision, but I did great without them, so I figured why take a chance. Just my thoughts.

You sound in good spirits and your recovery is going so well...I'm very happy for you! Xoxoxo :)

EDITED: Well, I'll be darned...I looked at Josephine's list of NSAIDs and didn't realize I have been on them....aspirin!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy that your recovery is moving right along! :yahoo:

Your little ones are sure to be happy to be back with their momma. Hope you get lots of gentle hugs!
 
Ya know going home the same day of surgery seems to be a real thing. My husband brought me a recent article in the WSJ about this exact topic. I would add the link but it doesn't seem want to show the entire article. I managed fine getting out the next day, but going home day of surgery? I don't know about that? It really doesn't seem like long enough to observe someone. I bet your kiddos are amazed by the bed & buttons. I'm sure it's good to receive their sweet hugs.
 
The wee ones are asleep for the night, and it went very well. They were able take turns snuggling with mommy in her bed in the livingroom, and I tried not to fall asleep midsentence. We compared our owies...and mine didn't compare to the 'Zebra attack' that got them at Gammy's house. And no one bit anyone!! Not bad for day 1 :dead:
 
@Cynthia777 I could cut out the Celebrex, but I would be too afraid to cut out the blood thinner (aspirin). I don't have compression socks, so it is my defense against DVT until I speak with my doctor.
 
End of day 5 -

I will not lose my cool! (Repeat 10+ times). The children are expected to attempt to kill me with their unfortunately placed shoes/toys/clothes. :bignono: However, my husband appears to be a member of the Mommy manslaughter club too. He is helpful in soooo many ways, so I need extra prayers.....or I am going to lose it! Seriously, lose it. I am usually a very patient person, and I know he is picking up many additional tasks. Going to take a deep breath--
 
@Toddlermom- I hope things get better for you at home soon! I know when I first came home, there were so many changes to routine for everyone to adjust to. It took awhile before the new 'Mommy recovery routine' felt more comfortable. My daughter eventually stopped asking why I was still sleeping in the living room. I'm sleeping in the bedroom now but in a few weeks I'll be getting Hip #2 done and Mommy Recovery Routine will start over again. At least this time we all kind of have it down.

I know I had to voice my concerns and sometimes say " Hey this is what I need now. Is that okay?" Daughter and hubby eventually got used to the fact that I wasn't sleeping much at night and wasn't going to lay there in the dark. So they got used to me clattering around with my walker fetching new ice packs and Tylenol, watching late TV, reading up on Bonesmart, etc. at all hours of the night.

I was amazed how my hubby got daughter off to school, went to work, got groceries, picked her up at school, fed cats, did laundry, made dinner in the early days. Didn't know he had it in him! :heehee: Of course the house was a mess but I kind of expected that.

Anyway, I hope you get a decent Mommy recovery routine going - one that works for you most of all, but that everyone is semi-comfy with as well. Things will change also as you get a bit stronger and can do more things yourself. Sending you tons of good thoughts and hoping that the "Mommy manslaughter club" subsides!:console2:
 
THANK YOU!!! Banana Pudding from my mother-in-law can be a mood altering experience.,,,,seriously! Ok guys, I do need suggestions. I was standing in the bedroom with my husband and he was discarding pants, shirts, socks, underwear....on the floor within steps of my walker yesterday. He was leaving for a stressful appointment and didn't want to add to it...but geez! I couldn't get into a couple of areas (our closet, my dresser, our restroom) because of his daily dump sites....with 4 days of clothes.

This week, I am staying downstairs....so I am only going upstairs to fetch things. Even when I ask him to put things away, he is relocating to another floor location..... So a trip hazard in another location. I am nervous about this after my mom leaves. I am really afraid about tripping on things and falling, but my hubby doesn't even see these things as hazards!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
by the way.....he's doing SO awesome at the rest of it, I feel guilty for being annoyed. But It really seemed like my entire family was testing my mobility skills yesterday, and 'double-dog daring' me to do it without falling! Today is a NEW day :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
 
I am in South Africa at the moment and have employed a maid to clean I know it us not so easy elsewhere but try and find someone to help keep the house in order




Suzmar
 
@Toddlermom - You are making me laugh so hard with the kids/husband thing!:heehee::rotfl:
My kids are grown and out of the house so I don't have that issue but my husband, God bless his trying soul, just doesn't get it when it comes to 'following through' with cleaning up...cleans one pot but leaves the lid...may wipe the counter down but when he does leaves 'puddles' along the way...clears the table but leaves the butter, water glasses, utensils.....:snork:I think his mind drifts and he starts thinking about work. I'm in this for the long haul so I do practice my 'yoga breathing' a lot.

Although, I had a really bad night yesterday-pain and discomfort-and just started crying. He was right there to comfort me! This morning, he did a really good job picking up things for the cleaning service! :)

Regarding your discharge from the hospital, when I had my second hip operation back in Oct. 2013, I was discharged in a little less than two days! My BP fell to the high 70's like yours, settled into the 80's and then finally low 100's maybe a few hours before discharge. I also was severely nauseous to the point I was throwing up green bile! Pretty awful! Finally, after countless pills were not working, they gave me a patch. Not sure why they didn't do that in the first place. I'm not sure if it's an insurance or hospital thing.

My discharge from my recent operation was pretty awful too...Maybe I'll mention it in my thread so I can look back at it and laugh.

So nice you have your Mom helping. Can't imagine how you would do it with the young ones. How old are they?

Constipation - warm prune juice with Maalox, stewed prunes, lots of water fruit and veggies - this is keeping me comfortable!:yes:

Seems like you are doing well! Slow and steady progress! BTW - love the show Downton Abby. So sorry to see it come to an end!:sad:
 
@Toddlermom, do you have a long handled grabber? I hooked one on my walker and it proved invaluable. It kind of stinks for you to have to clear your own path, but it's better than taking a tumble.
*Hugs* This isn't forever...although sometimes it does feel like it. Kudos to your husband for doing a good job. I'll bet your little ones are so happy to be with mom again.
Sending good wishes your way. :)
 
@Cynthia777 @Readysetgo @suzmar @DeepBreath @keepmovin

Thank you so much for such sensible answers! I just needed to be frustrated online.....so I didn't blow my top in real life. He is so good at keeping the rest of the house tidy. There simply seems to be a mysterious magnetic attraction between his clothes and the floor, :rotfl:​
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom