TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @dogwheels and @Jozilla, meant to include you in that bunch Jozilla. Thank you so much. dogwheels there was a lot of the time that I did not look as I felt. Still having trouble getting myself together. Am on my way to work but I have a little wiggle time as I can drive all the way in and park on street. Alternate side lifted.Uncertain why. Chat with you guys later.
 
@chestnc. Wow! Love the look of all that! I'm glad you had a great time.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @tashia, @Judlepip,@hopefaith, @Jozilla, @waitingtogarden, @dogwheels,hope you guys are well. I think with the pain management doctor increasing my medication dosage is working. I take the double dose during the evening, but during the day I have not taken the ER (extended release Nucenta because I don't want to get tired or sleepy during the day but I take one short acting Nucenta and that wil hold me until about 3:30pm-4:30pm. I usually take a Motrin to take the edge off the pain or sometimes I will carry one Nucenta ER with me and take it if the pain starts to get bad bad. It releases small doses of pain medication over a 12 hour period. Sometimes it is so difficult trying to figure out pain medication when and how much to take and work. But I think I have it worked out.

I came home tonight and took the double strength (2) and one short acting though I can take one to two of those. I actually even walked some on my lunch hour about a half a mile. I steam cleaned the rug when I got home in the living room. I mopped the front area steps up and down, kitchen and hallway then took a both, cooking Hawaiian sauce chicken in the oven with Spanish spaghetti and will have spinach with that. Now I have my legs elevated on two pills with the tens machine on. I also shopped a little on my lunch hour and stopped brief at the grocery store for two items. Some days I can do some days I cannot, but I think the increase in pain medication dosage does help.

Thanks Judlepip and hopefaith for the lovely compliments. I will post more photos. Hope you guys are all doing
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
and feeling well this evening or early morn depending on location. This is a picture of a white albino peacock.The second
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

photo above is the small group of us 9 in all who went to Panama. That is meat the smaller table to the 2nd on the right in dark blue jacket. The next is in the rainfall with a waterfall in the background. Touring around Panama
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Will post more later of the canal and going through the locks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Panama looks beautiful. I would love to see it! Someday ...
 
Was so exhausted today I almost overslept this morning but just made it in to work. Just trying to get through the week. Hope everyone is feeling well. Was so so tired I came home and bath, had some dinner and straight to sleep. Just know woke up and having a snack and will head back to sleep soon. Thanks @Juldepip and @ Jozilla, you too can go to Panama. It was great. It is one of those 7 wonders of the world to see.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @Judlepip,@hopefaith, @Jozilla, @Pumpkin,@waitingtogarden. Hope all of you guys and everyone else is doing well. How could it be possible that I woke up and felt like a Mack Truck ran over me. Yesterday evening I went to a meeting at Yankee Stadium. There was a minister preaching there Joel Osteen. some may have heard him, some may not, some may like him, some may not, but I love him and I love hearing him preach more so than my own minister. I went with 4 other woman and we all enjoyed. It was just tricky getting there. I had to take the subway and park my farther away from the event as you I figured I would not be able to get close to the stadium which is was so true. So this morning everything was hurting for certain. I had to take public transportation to get there which entailed loads of steps up and down, driving, a bus, and 2 subways (trains). I was know I joined the ODIC (over did it club) last night. Am paying for it today. Thank God I have a home attendant helping me today. She is very good and helpful.

I had my sons take turns watching mama as she is here this weekend. Long story short stepfather, her husband is out of town and the 2nd step sister who is normally in the house is not there either. She actually is in the hospital (hospice) cancer. Misdiagnosed, but I was telling the stepsister and the family that what she had as not just a fibroid. We all just found out after they opened her. Will try to go into that into another post, or if anyone wants the full story will send a PM. Everyone please have a blessed day and hope all is well and that at least some of us do not have a pain - free day. Will have to let the pain medications I took settle in because at this point, I am at a 20/10. And I took the pain meds an hour ago. I just took the extended release meds now. Will stop back later and post some more photos of last night, and more. Everyone stay blessed and have a wonderful day.
 
@chestnc I would probably feel the same way with all you are doing and also dealing with on an emotional level. I find getting somewhere is the big issue. My church is huge and I have decided (since April 10th of course) that people walk too fast, talk too fast, and in general do everything as if on high powered steroids. I hope you have a very take it very easy day. You are in my thoughts.
~hopefaith
 
I don't know how you do all that you do - and with RA! I did manage to paint a little of our outback deck today. Then it was too hot and I had to come in. I was able to sit down on a cushion while doing it though! Hugs and prayers.
 
Thanks @hopefaith and @Jozilla for our kind word and compliments. Good for you Jozilla, we have to learn to do things in creative ways. No problem as long as it works. :thumb: Believe me I am exhausted. @Nana moon 27,@ Jozilla, @suzzee2000, @Judlepip, @Jozilla @waitingtogarden, @hopefaith I came home from church with my mother and home attendant. The home attendant took her to the bathroom while I started fixing lunch. Dinner was cooking on a timer and that was it. I am still sore and painful from last night, but after pain meds and the assistance of my mom's home attendant, we were able to accomplish a good deal. I went and shredded through about 3 weeks of mail. Did laundry, Home attendant ironed all the clothes, my mom's and my clothes including my uniforms, and folded the rest, cleaned out the refrigerator and I put all the dishes in the dishwasher and she washed the heavy duty dirty pots to get everything out of the sink. She helped me so much.:yahoo: I gave mom a late lunch/ early dinner as she was starting to fall asleep. in the chair.I took mom to bathroom as home attendant was finishing the ironing for me and then Pachence (pronounced patience), got mom in the shower , lotion-ed her up and readied her for bed. In 5 minutes mom was asleep and has been ever since. That was about 5 pm. I started having back pain so I had to stop.:bignono: After meds kicked in is when I went through the mail. Hot whirlpool bath and took a little nap and now just woke up unwinding now and doing some computer stuff. Hope everyone has a blessed week. Once mom was in bed Pachence began doing my glass table tops and cleaning the two upstairs bathrooms. She really earns her money and most times will not take extra from me she gives it back.I am blessed!! Yes today I did the join that ODIC (Over did it club) again. Going to take it easy tomorrow....... as much as I can though I have MD appts, for mom and me. :good-bad:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Now relax!! Home safe and sound and all's well! Could you ask Pachence to come and visit me for a while?!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pachence sounds awesome! It sounds like she is a tremendous help to your mom and you. What a worker. I could use some if that energy. We got so much done this weekend. Probably the most work I have done in two years. My Tkr was the only part of my body that didn't hurt. I also spent a lot of time with my grandson who just turned one. I overdid it but it felt good. Back to work today, ugh! Take care.
 
:flwrysmile:@chestnc Popping in to say I hope your week goes well. So glad you have your home care helper! You truly amaze me and inspire me!
 
God Bless you friend!!! You are one amazing woman and strong too! I am glad God continues to give you strength to do all you do!!!
I went and shredded through about 3 weeks of mail. Did laundry, Home attendant ironed all the clothes, my mom's and my clothes including my uniforms, and folded the rest, cleaned out the refrigerator and I put all the dishes in the dishwasher and she washed the heavy duty dirty pots to get everything out of the sink.
All we need to do here is insert "kids" instead of mom:yes:......we are so much alike I seriously think we are sisters!!!:friends: I just know it!!! And you wonder why you are in the IODC :)
 
@suzzee2000 , @Judlepip, @Nana moon 27, @ Jozilla, @hopefaith, @waitingtogarden, Thank you guys. You guys give me so much credit Judlepip, Suzzee 2000, and hopefaith. Seems like there is so much to be done. I have pain in my knee and shoulder. I hope I have not done anything to my shoulder trying to get my mom here and there, in the car out he car, to doctor appt., to bone density, and to have a blood draw. I had a patch on my knee and shoulder and woke up because of being in pain. Went to Rheumatologist today and he is also changing my meds around to try to give me more relief. I should not have to be in so much pain everyay. I know I a in pain now because I was dealing with Mama with Alzheimer's. If you pull her one way, she pulls the opposite way which makes things doubly hard. Oh boy..... I thought I was going to take my mom to appt. and it would be one, two, three, but it is not simple as I thought it would be. I am going back to sleep for a while and pray the pain away. Everyone have a blessed day.
 
Hello all previous photos are of our tour ship going through the locks
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
Previous photos going through the Locks in the Panama Canal. The Last ship coming into the Locks behind our ship
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom