TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
broken link removed: https://www.antonvalley.com/legends/the-legend-of-the-sleeping-indian-girl.php Panama
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
Hi @nana Moon, @pumpkin, and friends. It was awesome. I had been through the locks over 20 years ago with my husband but it was like the first time this time. The above is a sleeping indian woman sculpted out of the hills. This was awesome to see as well. I had so much fun on this trip in spite of the aches and pains.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A few more photo at the hotel and touring around Panama. I had so much fun. i think I may be paying for it now because knee has been stiff and in pain and I am having so much RA pain. I saw the Rheumatologist yesterday and meds need to be changed around.
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
@chestnc how very amazing and fun to see!! I do give you so much credit for all you deal with in having so much pain and yet moving forward. You truly do inspire me and others. I read your post on Nana Moon's thread and got a glimpse of your history. I think everyone makes a choice in how they treat their children. It is so sad when it happens and I know it is common, and then the children pass that on to the next generation. The pattern can be broken. I have done a lot of work around this years ago because my background wasn't a good role model. I learned from another how to change the pattern. That would be a marathon post, but it can be done if a person really does the work. hard work.
~hopefaith
 
Thanks @hopefaith. I just try to keep moving and do what I can do. I had a great role model growing up, my mom and I hope that I have instilled in my sons to be good husbands and fathers when that time comes. My older son who is married is a great husband and his wife has RA as well (diagnosed by me) and he is very caring and understanding with her. I even had to teach him to give her the weekly injections she needs for the RA and he does it well. They live with me downstairs in the basement apartment which benefits both of us. Anyway I am more than happy to have them here with me and we don't get in each other's way.

I have not been feeling well recently. Just barely making it to work. I have been having knee pain (maybe in sympathy with @Nana moon 27, and a lot of RA pain. I saw pain management as soon as I got back from Panama and I saw the Rheumatologist and primary doctor Monday. The pain management doctor changed my pain meds around increasing the dosage and the Rheumatologist is going to change my meds as well since the IV med I was taking for RA is not helping at all. I am awake now because I was so exhausted when I got home and bath, dinner, and bed and fell right to sleep. I was in pain and too exhausted to even get up to get my pain medication. I woke up now and addressing the knee pain and RA pain. Hope all are sleeping well and having a good morning and day.
 
I too have RA and Osteo. Did you find it harder to recover with having other to deal with. I too am very good taking my meds on time so not worried about that part as take many now. I hope you don't mind me asking
 
Hi @chestnc & @Jozilla & @hopefaith ... the definition of gobsmacked. Gob is a slang not very polite word over here for the mouth, smacked is self explanatory. So therefore when you're gobsmacked you're rendered speechless with shock! I taught this to Dogloverx3 a long time ago. She loved the word too!

Christine I so love your pictures, you have such a beautiful smile. You have seen places I can only ever dream about. That is why I love to see the pictures so much.

I am just so sorry about the pain you are in. I wish I could do something to help you x x x all I can do is pray and think positive for you.

Btw I'm paying for all this walking today but it was soooooo worth it to have quality time with both my daughters individually. Husband got called out to someone's house to fix a leak. So got house to myself again. Apparently he caught three trout today, my poor 86 yr old father in law lost two. However, he apparently enjoyed the roast dinner I left them both x x x x

Take care, I hope you get some control on that pain soon. Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, thanks for breaking the word down for me. I thought it meant to be rendered speechless. Thank you for the lovely compliment. I many times think I don't look that great in photos, so I am picky about what I post of myself. I had so much fun on that trip "girls trip". Would you believe that the group is planning another trip to St. Lucia in August and you know I want to go. I am trying to fix my schedule to go second week in August. Two of the ladies are retired so they can go anytime. The woman sitting next to me wearing a cap is my church friend and we celebrated her birthday in Panama. She is turned 70. She doesn't mind telling her age. She looks good and she moves quicker than I do. She is so funny. She spends much of her time traveling.

Hi @madinana, you pose a good question, I don't mind at all. The RA did make it tough on me with the knee surgery. I was okay with my regular pain medication Nucenta while in the hospital taking it around the clock. I also had a PCA and a neuro block so for 24 hours I felt no pain at all. After 24 hours I started the Nucenta and the PCA came out. The second day home I was in a lot of pain. I had to call my OS doctor and have him mail me a script for percocet. After about a week I went to pain management doctor and I had a double strength dose of the Percocet ordered. I found I had to take meds for the knee and for RA around the clock for 3 months. I started cutting down before I went back to work. Now I am on Nucenta ER and Nucenta 50-100mg, but I don't take it after a certain time when I have to work. I take a Motrin and kind of grit my teeth during the day. Not fun!!
 
@chestnc I cannot believe I haven't visited for awhile. I really hope your pain lessens. Isn't chronic pain just the pits? I hear you about part time. I cannot go back full time and that means my insurance will be outrageous. I know that feeling of dragging through a day. I hope you can really rest up this week end.
~hopefaith
 
You're so right, @hopefaith. Chronic pain is very wearing.

How are you doing this week @chestnc ? Maybe lying low and taking care of yourself?
 
Hi @kneeper, @nana moon27, @hopefaith, @madinana, thanks for thinking about me. iI have been away for a bit as the exhaustion has set in so that I actually could not even stay awake once I was in the bed. I have been so exhausted that I could not stay awake and I was not feeling well for several day. I started feeling a little better Friday afternoon a bit. But still having stiffness and RA pain all over. Has been to the point I could barely get out of the bed the past three morning. I have just been pushing myself to get up and go to work. Hopefully next week will be better. @nana Moon27, have to check your site. How did your surgery go?
 
@chestnc wonderful,about your son. I think some men when they take marriage vows they don't get the part about.....sickness And in health. They are not just words.
H.f.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom