TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh @chestnc I'm just doing some thread catch up. Your photos are sooooo lovely, the beach is amazing x x x x x x. Lovely pic of you and your girlfriend looks fun! Am I right? Xxx love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, are you still up in the caravan. Hope you are enjoying. So good to hear from you. The beaches there are amazing. I love being there. Getting ready for Panama can't wait. Girls trip. How is your knee doing? My goodness you have been through a lot. Keep me posted. Take good care of yourself. Many hugs coming your way.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @hopefaith, is that handsome guy your little one? He is so so cute. Hope things are coming along well with you. I appreciate you guys thinking about me. The back pain finally eased up. I thought I was going to have to make a trip to the ER. I have Lidocaine patches. I am going to put one on tonight and see what happens. Hope you are doing well. Take good care of yourself. Sending you cyber hugs.
 
Hi @chestnc - nothing to say, just 'Hi' and a great big armful of love and hugs heading your way. I do hope that you get some pain relief soon.
Thinking of you
XX
 
Hi @dogwheels, thank you so much for thinking of me. Hope you are doing well. I feel the love spreading over the miles. Still having RA pain but not quite as bad. Thank goodness, I am using a Lidocaine patch for neck and back. Will see how that works. Take good care of yourself and I hope you enjoy a pain-free week. :loveshwr:
 
Glad you have something that's helping a bit with your pain.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, and @pumpkin thanks for checking in with me and thinking about me.... :wowspring:Just literally got back to New York from Panama around 1:30am. The trip was fantastic, but it was a lot packed in for a five day trip. Will be posting some photos soon. I am okay but the flight and the bus tours did a number on my knees and RA pain. Will give you and my other friends an update. Hope so much everyone has had a pain free weekend and rest of the week. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @chestnc - have been waiting to hear when you were back from your trip and can't wait to see your photos.
Sorry that the travelling was hard on you, but get the impression it was well worth it. Hope you have a bit of a gap before going straight back to work ....?
Talk soon
XXXX
 
Hi @dogwheels, The trip was so fantastic, and you are so right in saying that it was worth it.Traveling and being on the plane was tough, and getting on and off the tour bus. Legs were so so stiff. But I just walked with my pain medicine. I guess I am really in the ODIC club (over did it club). But I enjoyed Panama immensely. The tours, we went to the Panama canal through the locks. I had done that about 20 yeas ago but really got the 411 on this trip in regards to the locks and how the system works. I could go on and on but actually I am off today only and have just made an appt. for the pain management doctor today. I only have one day to regroup. My knees are really hurting and I am not getting good relief from the pain medicine I am taking. I was able to slide into an appt. one hour from now and I took it. The office is about 10 minutes from my home so I need to start getting ready soon. Will tel you guys more this afternoon. I do have to go to work tomorrow, o I need to pull myself together. Chat with you soon dogwheels. Always glad to chat with you guys. Will post some photos later. Hope you are having a pain-free day.
 
@chestnc So good to hear from you. Been thinking of you. It sounds like your trip was fantastic. Would love to hear more about it. So sorry about the pain. Let me know what ideas they have.
~hopefaith
 
Hi @hopefaith, I missed you guys while I was away. I actually did have some free WiFi in the lobby area and outdoor surrounding areas but not in the rooms. While we were listening to the piano player in the lobby we would be checking our email and such. I am still having trouble downloading the photos. I have to wait for one of my computer geek sons to assist. Hope you are having a pain free day.

I was fortunate enough to get a pain management appt. this am. She wants me to stay on the same medication just go up higher in milligram. Pain Management doctor wants me to speak with Rheumatologist in case he needs to adjust my meds on that end. I enjoyed the trip :thumb: but had to walk with my pain meds and boy were my knees ever so stiff at times. OMG!. Still stiffness in both knees. I am going to apply ice and I received my electric stimulating machine, so I will see how that goes as well. We had a good deal of rain in Panama so my body was feeling it. It is due to rain heavy here tomorrow and my body is feeling that too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to hear you had a wonderful vacation, hope you get the pain meds figured out soon.:flwrysmile:
 
Well @pumpkin, I actually went to pain management doctor as soon as I got back. The pain ma management doctor changed my long acting meds to double the dose and increased the number of times I can take the short acting medication. I still find everything hurts. Neck back and knee. I started back using my tens machine on my knee area and the knee actually feels better by me using it. Still stiffness in the knee and rest of body before it rains. We will see how things work out.
 
@Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @tashia, @Judlepip, @hopefaith, @kneeper,@Jozilla, @waitingtogarden and any one who I may have missed. Had a great time in Panama. Me on the beach is 1st photo. The sand on the Pacific side is brown and black.View from room. Next photo goes with a story of a woman who went into the hills looking for her husband and she fell If you look closely you can see what looks like the outline of a woman sleeping on her back asleep (Her head is t the right and the dip is her neck). Will post more photos tomorrow evening. Ready to go to bed. Chat with you guys in tomorrow.....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
    Panama 2014 086.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 120
  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
    Panama 2014 075.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 102
  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
    Panama 2014 176.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow @chestnc - love those photos - what a super place - You look so good too!

Hope you slept well and have a good day today. Look forward to seeing some more Panama piccies.

XX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom