TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Judlepip, thank you for the lovely compliment on my photos. You know what I realized when I went to the office this week to see pain management doctor, and I go every month, this is the first time I actually looked at the store to the left of the groups office. There is a Clarks shoe store right there!!. The groups practice office is in a new mall that was built. Usually I am so focused on just going to my doctor's office pick up my scripts and head to work I never really look around at the stores. It is usually early in the morning that I have that appt. and the stores are not open yet. I peaked in the window, but it looked as if there would be more to offer on line. I will be making an appt. with my GP as this tiredness is really beyond the point of what I normally feel.

@hopefaith, I am so sorry you are going through a break up. My heart goes out to you. This has to be taking a bit of a toll on you even healing wise. Please take care of yourself. And be careful. I was always falling before I had the TKR. I had two falls even with the TKR. One was on ice in my driveway in the winter. So we both must be careful. I am so sorry that you fell and ex didn't hear you to even get you up. I hope you are soaking in a tub bath to relieve the soreness. You may be more sore. When I have fallen I feel it more the next day. Please take care of yourself.

@pumpkin, so glad t see you here. You are welcome any time, my Limerick friend. My girlfriend goes home today, saw her last night. She may come here or she may lurk. Not certain. She is a very private person. I went to see her last night as I mentioned in I believe hopefaith's thread. She looked great and she is feeling so glad that she had this done.

Hope all you guys and the rest of my friends have a great pain -free day. It is raining cats and dogs here which I woke up earlier in the night with knee pain and now the RA pain is going full blast. Will take my extended release medication and take my ice pack to work. Moving slow this morning. Thursday the clinic opens later though are having a nurses meeting this am, I already let them know I would not be there early, I will come in at my regular time. Will keep you guys posted. have a great day everyone. :loveshwr:
 
Yes, the second day is the worst and I expected it. Thank you so much for your sweet words. It truly helps to have friends like I have found here. How is your fatigue? It seems like you were doing SO much! Does your RA pain come and go as far as intensity goes? Many thoughts coming your way @chestnc .
 
Hi @hopefaith, The ER (extended release) medication is Nucenta ER. It works fairly well. It is to help me throughout the day and night with RA pain. Yes the pain does come and go, but lately I am in pain much of the time especially after work. I did not have the ER medication this morning as I am out of the med and the CVS I deal with said they would have to order it. If there is a problem I will take it to another pharmacy. So I have been taking the short acting Nucenta for pain now. They can both be taken together as one is for pain now and one is to help with pain for later. Actually I have 2 Butrans patches left. They are also for pain and I was on that for a while.That I put on and it lasts a week. It slowly release pain medication for a week. The doctor took me off that because it itched me a bit and it is difficult to get through mail away pharmacy. The exhaustion is a little better.

Hope everyone had a good day. :tada:
 
@chestnc how did you find a rheumatologist? I wonder who to go to for my fibromyalgia? I really hope your fatigue is resolving. I keep wondering about it. You have had falls SINCE your TKR? I read that on here more than I want to. :unsure: Yes, we must be very careful, all of us. I am here an insomniac at the moment. I had had NO trouble sleeping until this week. I had read all about others and didn't have the problem. Now I fall asleep early in the evening and then awake at 1:30 to begin....:boohoo:. I think my break up has a lot to do with not sleeping. ugggg. Not fun at all. and what timing. This is someone who encouraged the surgery and promised to be by my side. It doesn't make sense to me, but that is the way a lot of things are, aren't they? well, I will go haunt someone else's thread for awhile..Be well @chestnc .
 
Hello @chestnc - I have hopped over to your thread and realised that because I didn't get the alerts I have missed a big fat chunk, including those lovely photos from the Bahamas .......... I want to go there!
Mmmmm .... coconuts! (Just realised that sounded a bit like Homer Simpson with doughnuts :heehee:) Theres nothing like drinking one fresh from the tree with just a straw poked in. I consumed so much coconut when we lived in Asia.
Sorry that you have this problem with the tiredness - it must be really difficult especially with your job. I do hope that it will improve. Thanks also for the weather updates, my good friends are off to NY tomorrow, so I have been able to give them updates today, using your info. He is a famous but retired neuro surgeon and he is lecturing in NY for a couple of days (he is the one whom my husband has recently been sailing with). My friend is going along for fun and a bit of shopping - I wish I was too, although I find shopping in NY really daunting, it is so spread out.

Well I had better go and make myself useful and find something to do.
Take care
XX
 
Hi my friends @dogwheels, @hopefaith, @Nana moon 27,@waitingtogarden, @suzzee2000, @tashia, @Judlepip and anyone I may have missed. Hope you guys are doing well. @dogwheels, I too do not get all my alerts sometimes. You too can go to the Bahamas, thank you and I am glad you enjoyed those photos. I will be on the move again at the end of this month, but I will go into that later. It is pouring down rain here and my knees are killing me, both of them. Also my whole body hurts from RA. If it were not Friday, I do not think I would be able to go to work one more day. @dogwheels, shopping is very spread out as you say and believe it or not I do most of my shopping online. So much easier for me.

@hopefaith, with Fibro another auto immune disease you should be followed by a Rheumatologist. This Rheumatologist was through a recommendation from a friend of mine. The first Rheumatologist and I were not seeing eye to eye and he did not understand pain and I had to tell him what pain medication to order for me then it was time to get a new Rheumatologist. Yes hopefaith I had two falls since the TKR. One was in my driveway I stepped on a hot spot during the winter where black ice was and leaving work getting onto a bus I miss guessed the step up and feel on both knees into the bus... ouch for both. My OS says it takes a lot to damage a TKR. Good thing. Hope everyone has a good as pain-free as possible weekend.
 
Hi @chestnc how re you doing? Are you feeling any better? Hope your pain is under control a bit more now. Just to let you know Im thinking about about you. Xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, and @hopefaith, thank you guys for checking in with me. I am okay. Dogwheels I do not get all my alerts either. I have been busy with my mom (who has Alzheimer's) and step family affairs and that has had me going, that I have been so so tired. I think I am going on the computer and the next thing I am alseep. As for myself the pharmacy took so long to correct the mistakenly ordered long acting medication that they ordered for me that I found a pain patch that I used before I was placed on the Nucenata ER and I was just plain uncomfortable so I placed that patch on and that patch Butrans have helped me a great deal. I put it on Saturday. I may ask pain management to order that for me as it really really works well. The only problem is it comes in a pack of 4 (using one a week) and it comes with a more expensive co-pay. Other than that I am okay. I am getting ready to travel again which I will go into later. At this point I need to make certain the coverage is situated with my mom since my step sister who is the main care giver is pre-occupied with her sister who had surgery on Friday the 16th for a what the doctor's said a huge fibroid and when they opened her up it was cancer all over the place. Sister is in ICU and you guys know what a big mess this is turning into. So I have had my mom with me last weekend with a home a attendant to assist me and a to free up step sister. Had to get my mom two nights ago to when sister in ICU took a turn for the worst and had to scramble for care the next evening so I could go to work. Fortunately I was able to get a friend to take her to day program to save me that trip and my sons were going to pick mom up and watch her while I was at work , but I got a hold of the step sister and she was able to do it. So as you see I have to get the care rearranged because I cannot have patchy care and be worried when I am away.

Hope you a guys are feeling well. Even though I am not on the board you guys do come to my mind and I hope you are well. @nana moon27 ha a date been scheduled? I certainly hope so. I haven't had a chance to go into anyone's thread, and @hopefaith I hope that you are feeling well all around and sleeping better. My thoughts and good wishes are with you both. Hope I can come straight home tonight take a bath and hope into bed. Yesterday I went to the hospital and then went to my line dancing class which went very well and we had so much fun :dancy::egypdance:. Only one more class next week for the session. :wowspring:I am so enjoying the class and will miss it for the summer. Starts back in the fall and I will be in it. Will update more on more stuff tonight when I get settled. I just needed to wake up and unwind. Slept very well last night but woke up with a headache. Trying to let the med work before I start to get ready for wok. TTYL :loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc - gosh you have been so busy making all those arrangements for your Mom. Sounds as though you have got it all organised and sorted, but however well you fix things it still doesn't take all the worry away, does it?
I hope that the arrangements all go smoothly so that you do not have any further last minute run arounds. Also, how awful for your SSister's sister in ICU - everybody's worst nightmare. I will remember you all in my prayers.

Glad you managed to get your line dancing, especially as the class will soon be winding up for the summer - I have this lovely image of you in a pair of cowboy boots dancing about!

Hope you manage to get rid of your headache. I too woke with a blinder this morning - think it is because we are having the outside of the house painted and the paint fumes indoors are quite strong. They finish tomorrow - hurrah - so hopefully I can get the house aired and pungent pong free! Migraine med has worked its usual magic and once I have had my lunch, I am planning a quick trip into town to escape the paint smell!

Look after yourself - take care
Love XX
 
@chestnc My goodness!!!! You have SO much going on! It must be a real challenge to get full coverage round the clock for your Mom. Line dancing! I did that a few years ago and LOVED it. There are so many different dances and it was really fun and a challenge to learn them. I am so glad you are able to do that. We all will be waiting to hear where you are going.....:hiking: Keep us posted!
 
You sure do have so much going on!! Hope things get better for your sister and mom and etc!! @chestnc wow:wowspring: line dancing!! That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! Any dancing at this point sounds like fun! I can't WAIT for my legs to feel well enough to walk around let alone dance!!! :) I've been in bed resting today. Just need it sometimes and when I do Bonesmart here I come!! :yes:
 
Chestnc,
Wishing you and your family all the best, hope things improve for your Mom and Sister,
Line dancing sounds like a great time, and a wonderful excape from the day to day.
:chuckmarch::chuckmarch: this is as close to line dancing I can find.
 
Please take care! I am sorry to hear of all you are dealing with. I will keep you in my prayers. Xoxo JoAnne
 
Thanks for stopping by friend....in the meantime....:friends:please feel better!!!
 
Hi :hi:@dogwheels, @hopefaith, @Jozilla, @Nana moon 27, @waitingtogarden, @suzzee2000, @Judlepip and anyone I may have missed, it has been so hectic my way so I figured I will come here to update. I also have been dealing with a great deal of RA pain along with some knee pain. I have had a terrible backache since yesterday and the pain medication is only minimally relieving it. Most likely weather related.

I know many of you know I have spoken of being so so tired. Had called Rhematologist as RA can make you tired, but I am used to the tiredness of RA and this tiredness was much more than that. Anyway I had labs drawn, and my alk phos was elevated. Rheumatologist sent me to have an abdominal sono which showed gallstones (just reiterating in case everyone is not up to date with this part. Sono showed gall bladder full of gallstones.. was sent to surgeon who will not touch me as I am not having any pain from the area. So that left me with well I am still tired so I made appt. with my primary and saw him yesterday. I asked Rheumatologist's office to send reports to my primary and primary was able to see that . So lab work I will be doing today, but doctor is thinking my thyroid may be under active. When he said that, that made sense to me. Not certain what it is but that seems about as good a place as any to start.

I have my mom this weekend. Brought her to my house Friday since Friday I was not at work and had the doctor's appt., but I will have help Saturday and Sunday and I am off Monday (Memorial Day) holiday so I will have her here until Tuesday morning. Step sister will come here and get her ready for day program. The other step sister in the ICU we just found out she has stage 4 cancer. So the doctors had been treating her for fibroids and giving her injections reduce fibroid side. The doctors told stepsister who cares for my mom, that "she stepsister was right and they (doctors ) were wrong. So I took brought my mom over here the weekend so they (step family) could go back and forth to hospital.

On a lighter note I am traveling midweek with a small group of friends to Panama for five days all inclusive. So I have been making certain there is back up care for mom, if stepsister has to go to hospital quick. That already occurred once and I was backup person... and had to text a friend to help me with dropping my mom off at her day program the next morning and recruiting my sons to help with pick up, though it turned out stepsister was able to pick my mom up. Hope everyone has a blessed weekend. :flwrysmile: :yes!:
 
Amazing that you are handling all this! I had my thyroid removed in 2001 so if you need any info just ask. I found a lot of great info on about.com which has an awesome section on thyroid disease and issues. Is your RA autoimmune?

It is good to hear you are going to Panama. I just watched a show on it this morning. Quite amazing looking.

Hope your weekend is good. I am away at our camper which I love down in South Jersey. Hope i win the big bingo today of about 4000.00. Wish I lived here all year!

Take care - I will keep you in my prayers. Xoxo JoAnne
 
@chestnc You continue to be in my thoughts/prayers. I am glad that you are able to get away and get recharged hopefully. I am in awe of how much is going on in your life and then your own health issues! Please take very good care of yourself.
 
Hi @hopefaith, and @Jozilla, thank you so much. I appreciate your well wishes and your prayers. I have had the most horrific back pain, due to RA for the past two days. I was so glad to see my mom's home attendant when she came. She was running a bit late so I got my mom up and praise the Lord I was able to get her into the shower. (Her home attendant showed me a trick as to how to get a person with Alzheimer's in the shower without a hitch. Got her out without a hitch and had her dressed teeth brushed, hair combed and her breakfast ready. Anyway I went out and had the blood work drawn. I am certain I won't be able to do anything until I get back with Monday being a holiday. Did a few errands, and had to head back home as the back pain started to become severe. We have had rain on an off for the past few days and my body with RA is a total weather forecaster. Jozilla, yes the RA is an auto immune disease. Thanks for the tip and information on Thyroid.

At this point the meds are not holding me for severe pain. Back to the pain management doc when I come back. Took a hot bath with epsom salt which has taken the edge off the back pain. My mom is resting comfortably and the home attendant will be back tomorrow. She cleaned my kitchen, my two bathrooms to a tee and wants to iron tomorrow, my uniforms, my mom's clothes and anything that needs to be ironed. It is great when she is over here at my house with as she helps me with other things, in the house. It helps so much. Thanks for just being there for me guys. I am also getting some pain in my knees and stiffness. I am thankful though that I can just get out of the bed. Hope you guys have a good weekend as well. :loveshwr: :wowspring::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom