TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hopefaith, @nana Moon27, @Judlepip, @dogwheels, @madinana, @waitingtogarden, and all my other friends, I have RA brain fog going on and a big painful swollen lymph gland under my arm, I just don't know what hurts most. But yesterday and this am my knee is good. Praise the Lord for whatever does not hurt. @hopefaith
wonderful,about your son.
you made a good point. Yes my DIL is blessed. My son is so good to her and to myself because he knows that both of us at times are a mess and don't feel well. I, on so many days don't feel well and I check in with her to see how she is doing and she is okay. I am older and I have had RA knawing at my body for the past ten years and my body has taken a beaten with all these meds. I like today wake up feeling like a mack truck has run over me and have to take my meds and regroup. Bothe my sons are helpful and will do what I ask to help because they have seen me at my worst. Yesterday two guys from my job cam over to put up the 100 million pieces to a shed I had ordered on line. I had no idea it was such a drama and they got it up. One of the guys is coming back today to actually put up a fan that he picked up for me on sale in my bedroom since the old one has to go and to finish up with the shed as it started to get dark before they finished and one guy had to leave before hand for an emergency. He works as an electrician on the side. So I am blessed to have friends as such. Hope everyone has a pain-free day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc hope you get feeling much better. I know how RA can be a pain You will get there, just to be patient, I know that word sucks!!!!
 
Hi @madinana, Thank you for your warm well wishes. The friends I have met here are a blessing and have been very supportive and I want to say thank you to you and all the rest of the good folks here.:wow: :loveshwr::yes!:
 
:hi: Hello my friends, @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @suzzee2000, @Judlepip, @hopefaith, @madinana, @waitingtogarden, and anyone I may have missed. I just realized that I am at the 8 month mark as of yesterday. Did not really feel any of the bells and whistles that I thought I may have felt since before I know it, it will be a year. The knee does trouble me less, but I still feel the tingling from the nerves rejuvenating. One day a few days ago I actually did not feel anything with the knee. It was as if I had nothing done. I don't get too many of those moments so it felt good. What is really getting me is the RA. That causes me to continually take pain meds around the clock. (except for when I am working). I still do need ice. I figure that I have some of these set backs because of the RA and after being checked out by my Rheumatologist, internal medicine doctor (my primary), my ob/gyn doctor, my gastroenterologist (where I have test pending), and OS, and have gotten the A-okay from them all except the GI which results are pending. I just have to figure it is the RA making me go through all of these changes. I started drinking yogurt shakes in small amounts because I don't really feel the GI issues that I had been feeling. The extreme fatigue I will have to say that it must be the RA. Maybe once I am able to start the new tablet medication for RA, it may help me. I have started using the Volteran gel more often on the areas that are very sore and tender from the RA and it does help. Along with that I have started taking my vitamins more religiously. So we shall see. I Hope you all have a blessed pain-free night and day. :loveshwr:
 
Hello @chestnc

Happy Ankneeverary for yesterday xxx it's lovely to hear from you. I hope you can get better relief for your RA. Im so sorry but I have to go. My eyes are so tired from posting I'm seeing double. I promise I'll tag you in later x love Nna moon 27 xxxx once again it's lovely to hear from you xxx
 
Thanks @Nana moon 27, It;s great just to know you are thinking of me as I am of your. Hope you have a great day. I am going to get the rest of my sleep so I can get up on time for work. Chat with you later..:friends:
 
Hello @chestnc - congratulations on your 8 month milestone. Sorry to hear that your RA gives you such constant problems. My old schoolfriend was diagnosed with RA a couple of years back, and she is suffering quite a lot now. Not only with the pain, but from being the tall, willowy one in our group, the steroids she has been given have made her put on huge amounts of weight. She has gone up about 4 dress sizes and the whole thing is really getting her down.

Have you any more trips planned with your friends, or is this a quiet time saving for the next one??

Sorry I haven't been around much, but I was at my other house for the last 2 weekends and had a lot of catching up to do. My alerts are not very reliable on here - so when I am busy, I don't have time to go searching for my friends' threads - but that doesn't mean I stop thinking about you!

Anyway - hope you have a good day and take care.

XX
 
@chestnc Great news - 8 months! Nearly there! To have a day when you forgot you'd had it done is wonderful! Keep it up! More of those days and less of the others! With RA you're going to be constantly on the watch for bad days. You're always such a cheerful soul, in spite of it all. God Bless x
 
@chestnc I was wondering how you were doing. I know the RA can be a pain :heehee: something we deal with every day, that is the part that worries me if knee pain and RA pain will put me over the edge. Hope your days continue to get better and better and some relief from RA
 
Hi @madinana, thank you for your well wihes. I hope you are doing well too. To be honest, RA was a bit too much at times with the TKR. but I managed through it and you will too. Today was not too bad of a day, but still a bit on the tired side. Just make certain you get as much rest a you can post op and you should do well.
 
Hi @dogwheels and @Judlepip, @kneeper, sometimes that Voltaran gel can do wonders. Thank you all for the warm thoughts. Eight months goes by fast when you are having fun.. though I don't know how much fun I am having. Yea I do plan to have more trips. The same person who planned the Panama trip is planning a trip to St. Lucia. A short 5-6 days trip again.That will occur in August. Will keep you guys posted.
 
Good morning @chestnc - glad that gel is helping a bit.
St Lucia sounds a plan. Looks such a wonderful place. One of my friends that I used to sing with was from St Lucia, and she used to rave about it. We nearly went there, but we were having a 'Use up some of the Frequent Flyer Points' holiday. There were no freebie St Lucia flights available for points when we wanted to go, so we went to Antigua instead.

Hope your day is a good one

XX
 
Hi @dogwheels. Antigua is supppsed to be a very beautiful island. I have never been there before, but I have been to St. Lucia before and loved it. The people are very friendly there. One of my church friends she is retired is always having her frined who is a travel agent put packages together and plans them with her. The various folks are asked if they want to go. If you want to go then we just gather a group toether. When we went to Panama it was 9 of us.Hope you are feeling well dogwheels.

At the rest of my friends, @nana moon27, @hopefaith, @waitingtogarden, @judlepip,@madinan, Hope this morning or afternoon finds you all are well. Hope everyone has a great as Pain- free- of - weekend as possible !! :roseshwr:
 
Oh my I just wrote a long note and it disappeared into cyberspace who knows. @Nana moon 27, @ hopefaith @waitingtogarten, @pudlepip, @madinana, @suzzane2000, @dogwheels, and anyone else I mised. Anyway condensed version. I have had tingling aching pain in right knee. The RA is okay, but that strange feeling in my knee is not fun. I just used the 10's machine.I have also had severe palpitations since last night. I beleive it is because today is step-sister's memorial service The step-sister was 57 years old and had a fibroid supposedly going to be moved. Her abdomen grew and grew. She became emaciated o the point where she could not keep water down. The doctors kept saying it was only a fibroid. I emphatically told step-sister that no way was this just a fibroid only. Sure enough when the OR team opened her up she was full of cancer. They took out 10lbs of cancerous tissue and just closed her back up. The doctors informed her other step sister that she she herself or the family was right and they were wrong. She had surgery may 16 and from the way she looked to me, I did not think she would make it through the operation. She passed away on June 9th. So this is a memorial service.Needless to say also this occurred at the Veterans hospital where the conflict and controversy has been going over in the past several moth. It was a shame to loose your life for the reason of a miss-diagnose. So at the moment the RA issues are not bad, but I did take a pain med as knee has been acting up. So that is what is going on here. Hope all have a blessed day.
 
@chestnc I am so sorry about your stepsister So I am sending some :praying: your way. I hope you get to feeling better real soon soon :fingersx:
 
I am so sorry Chestnc. Very sad about the Veterans Hospitals. They have been wonderful with my fathers healthcare including heart valve surgery and a brain hematoma on top of post traumatic stress disorder. He was fortunate to always have young caring doctors but I have heard nightmares from others. I don't understand why they just don't let the veterans go to any hospital they have chosen. It would probably save them money and the healthcare would be good. Love and prayers. Xoxo joAnne.
 
Hi @Jozilla, you are the one I have been missing out of my posts. Please forgive me. Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. This weekend was truly busy with the memorial service and all. It went well. Then I had my mom over Saturday night as there would be no one home at her house. After that Sunday church which ran longer since it was graduation Sunday for the three young ladies who received their Matsers in my church. One of whom was my daughter-in-law. So proud of all of them. Two were working full time while they were obtaining their goal. My DIL is one and she has RA as well and helps care for her father and her sister.

@Nana moon 27, you are always checking up on me as well even though you have so much going on yourself. Thank you for thinking of me. I was so exhausted Sunday I came home ran a bath, two friends called and I thought I as talking to them and was falling asleep on the phone... so embarrassed, I told them I would speak with them later. I ill have to go through your thread Nana as I know I have missed a lot being away for the entire weekend. Hope you are doing well. All this going you know has wrecked havoc on my bones and this morning I
woke up feeling like I had a mac truck sitting on top of me. Everything hurts. Just trying to get myself going. Woke up at 4:30am and realized I had not taken the bath. I will take one this morning. If it were not for being so short staffed and for for me having to call in next week Monday I would call out today to regroup. And it is one of my doctors last day. She is relocating to Texas and I really like her and will miss her.

@madinana, Thank you for your condolences, but Hope you are feeling well. Thanks for your get well wishes and good thoughts. Everyone have a blessed day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom