Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow @chestnc reading your post was awesome!! Yes I believe your meeting in the elevator was a "divine" meeting!! Pictures are beautiful...so happy you dont need surgery and all around glad to see things are going in a positive direction for you!!

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk
 
I FOUND YOU! Wow am I a little (a LOT) tech. impaired. I swear it took me 4 tries to NOT start a new thread!! It's funny because we are all a little narcotic brain when we are trying initially to figure it all out. Everyone is patient. So, how is your day going? Here in Colorado, on Mother's Day, it is snowing like crazy. I am sad because all of the trees were looking so green and finally spring like and whooooom (a new word), it looks like Janurary out there. It's supposed to be up to 70 by Tuesday. What part of Kansas do you live in? Do you like it?
 
@chestnc wow. I just read through your story and your pictures. Pictures are beautiful. Can almost feel the air and the sand. I hadn't realized all you have been through in the past few weeks. I am so glad you don't have to have surgery! Thank you for connecting with me on here. That story about the elevator is so very cool. I just love those reminders of how we are being taken care of in ways we don't even imagine.
 
@hopefaith, I am glad you found me so that means I want you checking in on me (smile). It is a little difficult to navigate this site initially because it is set up so well. That's the only reason I can come up with. I actually had some difficulty in the beginning when I first started on this site. Sometimes I would happen on something like the social game room. Have you bee there yet? Lots of fun. I am not from Kansas, I am in New York and the weather is finally behaving here. I don't like the winters, but I am not moving anywhere else not leaving my job, nor my mom. I cannot believe you have snow, no way...:snow plough:80's I believe it was here, but after church I was so wiped out that instead of bringing mama and home attendant here I dropped my mom and the home attendant back to my mom's house (she lives with my stepfather), and came home to nap. This RA is making me extremely exhausted. I hope you have enjoyed and are enjoying your day. Take good care of yourself. Have you ever been on Lyrica for fibro pain or do you have much pain in relationship to the fibro?
 
I am sorry today is hard. I have anxiety too. It can be so debilitating. Today will go down as a very hard day in my life. I really need this support here. Yes, SNOW! My knee is SO stiff!
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @Judlepip, @suzzee2000, @hopefaith, @tashia, @Baby billy, @Jozilla, @waitingtogarden @dogwheels and other friends. I have been so so so tired recently. The RA is starting to get the best of me. Knee is okay and a bit sore on and off, but nothing I cannot handle. Hope all is well with you guys. I have an appointment this morning with the pain management doctor before work. Mother's day I basically just slept all afternoon after church. At work I was so tired yesterday I had to take a nap. I missed a day of work last week due to not feeling well. Cannot put a finger on it. Knee is okay. Could be still wiped out from traveling.. I have upcoming appts. with Rheumatologist next month and with primary. Not sure what it is. Just trying to hang in there. Everyone have a blessed pain-free non stressed, non depressed day today. :loveshwr:
 
@chestnc, Oh dear. I'm so sorry you're still suffering at that level. Appointment next month is too far away. Can't you see someone before then? Sleep is a great healer they say, but you want to sleep through ordinary, healthy tiredness, not inexplicable exhaustion. Something's not right. Your body's fighting something - might there be a hidden infection somewhere? Take care, sleep will at least be healing you, but oh so slowly! Get some medical advice if you can.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@chestnc I agree with @Judlepip could be something underlying that needs attention. So sorry to hear you are this tired! I am tired a lot too and I think you and I both do way too much! That being said sometimes the only thing that helps is sleep!~ Hang in there and let us know how things are going!!
 
@chestnc Checking in on you this morning. It is not morning there (in Kansas :heehee:) SOOO embarrassing. In New York. Have you always lived there? Maybe I missed something in a previous post. So, it sounds like you are having more pain. Do you ache in all of your joints. Does your TKR ache even more? I hope you are having another semi quiet day. (or is that too much to hope for 2 days in a row?) Wishing you a good, LESS pain day.
hopefaith
 
Your fatigue could be a combination of the RA and the traveling. Sounds like taking naps is a good idea.
 
:iagree: When you have this done you can get tired for every reason and get tired for getting tired. Hows the weather? Is it getting better? Our heat is moving in so being tired is here to stay until it cools off and gets below 100. Take care and do rest. Your body needs it, right now. Tashia and the kids.
 
Hi Guys @tashia, @hopefaith, @Nana moon 27, @Judlepip thanks for thinking about me. I actually said the same thing that kneeper said to a girlfriend tonight:
Your fatigue could be a combination of the RA and the traveling
. I think kneeper hit the nail on the head. Also I know and have noticed that since my TKR, I have been more tired than I had in the past. I do take naps on my lunch hour at work now. And most of the time I sleep well at night. @tashia, the weather here is Spring-like but we are due to get a lot of rain starting last Thursday and Friday. That also has to do with me having aches and pains. My body reacts with the weather.

Also I went to my pain management doctor today and told her the meds were okay, but when I have a lot of pain I have to bump up the Nucenta. So what she wants me to do is to take a less dose of extended release so I have some med in me all the time in small amounts. So the ER Nucenta is down to 50mg from a 100mg twice a day. The doctor seems to think if I take the medication this was and less of it it may cut down on the tiredness and it will cut down on me having to take the regular pain medication. I ill give it a shot. With RA, I know that can make me very tired at times and I think that I am having a tired spell and also as @suzzee2000 said we do too much. The doctor suggested I work part time. That won't work. Where will the other half of the money come from to pay bills. And there are no part time positions in the clinics.

I did make it to my line dancing class and had fun and was able to give my knee some exercise. Glad I could do that. We learned a new line dance to believe or not the song "Sex on the beach". I actually have that CD at home. All in all we had fun. Only two more classes to go then the instructor breaks for the summer. We will sign up again in the fall. I had blood work drawn recently so if I did have an infection my WBC's would have been elevated. I believe I just need more rest. Will try to do that starting this weekend.

So here is something ironic. My girlfriend/ co-worker was struggling with the idea of to have or not to have her RTK replaced long before my knee issues started last year. She was very attentive when I had my surgery, visiting me twice in the hospital, making food and coming to my house twice with some of my other friends even though she could barely get up the steps in my house with her knee being as it was. Anyway she finally decided to have the surgery which was done yesterday. She had the same surgeon I had and believe it or not she is in the same room and bed I am in. How uncanny is that? My friend is so so happy. This is the first time she has not had pain in that knee for quite some time. I am so happy for her. I also told her about this site a while ago as well. Okay I hope everyone is having a peaceful night or will have a peaceful day. :angel:
 
Hi @chestnc
The advice about your pain meds makes sense and I do understand it but isn't it still a half dose no matter what? I hope that it works for you though. You will be a bit more alert which can only be a good thing. I can't wait to be able to reduce my pain meds. I'm hoping that will occur after the surgeon works his magic with the aspiration and cortisone injection.

The rain and damp weather have been affecting me here most definitely. Were supposed to be getting a heatwave towards the weekend.......woohoo at last!

I ever so glad that your friend is okay and I wish her a speedy recovery. It's nice when something goes right for someone with their knee x x x

Take care Christine, love and God bless, to you, your family and your friend! Love Ann x x x
 
I think it is so fun that you were able to dance. without pain. I am always so happy when people have fun with their knee after a tKR... I just got up from not being able to sleep and I just had to have toast and jam. Well, I have been nervous at night slipping on stairs. Well, tonight was the night. I guess I caught a crutch on the edge of the rug, and tripped. But instead of falling all the way down suddenly I am taking each stair as in a crazy race and ran down the stairs to avoid a fall. I ache throughout both legs and knees. Would it have been easier to let my self fall? I must have looked hilarious, this slow post TKR person doing stairs at 50 mph. My arms even ache. the soon to be ex-husband didn't even wake. He'll be gone by the weekend I hope. I don't know when he'll be out of here. He asked what I could have done differently at which time I turned and left the room. BUt all that said, I want a place without stairs. Even during the day I am scared of a fall. Well tomorrow, and now it's an overdose of ice. :dead: ~hopefaith~ excuse me for telling this story on your thread, it just happened.
 
@chestnc - How glorious! Lovely pics. You look great!
(Oops sorry, these remarks refer to the pics on previous page! Looks a bit out of context here! ).

@hopefaith - oh my that was so very nearly a nasty! I'm glad you made it down the stairs in one piece! PS did you get your toast and jam?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@Judlepip You are too funny. I needed a laugh. OF COURSE I did. I like that, nearly a REAL nasty. I must still have some coordination left!!!
 
Chestnc,
Thought I would stop by your thread to say Hi, and how much I enjoy playing the limericks in the games room with you and everyone else.
Hope your friend is doing will with her TKR recovery, maybe we will see here!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom