Guest viewing is limited

TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to try on my shin with cream tonight. My pt reminded me that is where he pounded the prosthesis in. Ouch.

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
Doctor said he was impressed with both rom and extension. He said I could carry on by myself and that my knee would let me know if I over do it. 5.5 weeks later.. I'm so happy. My pt was so gentle. First massage.. then some excercises followed by bike and ice. They never pushed me. It happened naturally. Not to say I don't still have pain and stiffness.. but getting stronger and did a lot of resting till now.

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
I do a lot of tossing and turning during the night while I sleep. The Saran Wrap really stays in place through that? Especially if it's covering just an area of your knee?
 
@midwest girl Yep it stays in place, some nights for me it eases the prickly sensitivity, others it drives me nuts, is too hot and itches and I can't get it off as fast as I'd like!

Well done at doc appt. we had our surgery on the same day and I know that technically I'm free to drive next week. But I don't feel safe and ready enough yet. My left knee tho so have to be able to do the clutch etc. Tho I am looking forward to getting out and about!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Karri! Not too good today. Things are just running right through me today. Glad I didn't have anywhere to go. I did putz around trying to install a new cable converter. What a royal aggravation! 3 hours and 2 phone calls, they tell me they will send a new one or we have to take it in to exchange. This after I had taken down the under cabinet tv, hooked it all up, reinstalled it under the cabinet, and neatly gotten my wires hidden with anchors. :bawl::bawl::blackcloud::blackcloud::hairpulling::hairpulling: Buddy was not happy squatting, twisting, and leaning over the counter and neither was I!

I hope your day was better than mine! I will say the Saran Wrap is really helping the aching in my knee.
 
Sometimes I wonder if technology is actually worth it. I absolutely hate when I have to deal with the cable or phone/internet companies. Five days back has my left knee catching as I walk, but good news is every morning it's still ok until mid day or so. Just so stinking tired! Thankful that my house is still very clean and all I have to do is take down the tree. My neighborhood has a few orthodox families, so I keep my tree (in the picture window) up for their Christmas.
Praying today is a better day for you.
 
Good morning.

@KarriB, I hear you on the tired! I have absolutely NO energy. I am really trying to focus on protein to build myself up and get the knee all healed, but wow....I could nap all the time. Taking a shower wears me out! Between the insomnia and fatigue, I am not worth two plug nickels! :loll: OS wants me to go for a walk three times a day - I like that idea. It will help the knee and hopefully help me get some strength back. I used to love to walk for exercise and it's meditative value. I found my hiking pole and thought I would take it just in case. My husband of course is coming also, soooo...might just hold his hand too. :friends: I am sorry about your left knee. How on earth will you be able to have it done? You are a brave woman for all you have been through. Are you able to ice and elevate at school? You continue to be in my prayers.
 
Good Sunday morning. I sit here with GiGi between my legs sighing and sleeping. Oh, to be a cat and sleep that peacefully. Once again, I could not manage to go to church because of my symptoms. I will do my devotions at home and hope to get over this soon!

Ralph is continuing to improve. I still have swelling around the knee and have the feeling of a Bakers Cyst in the back at times. The bruising is almost gone, although the lower leg and calf continue to be tender where it remains. All in all, I am pleased. The sun is out, so a walk is in order!! It will be a great way to recharge and renew.

May you each have a blessed day filled with joy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
16 degrees here with a windchill of 3 degrees. Definitely no walking outside today!!
 
@KarriB and @midwest girl, BRRRRRR!! :snow dig: This may be the last day I get to walk outside for a few days also! Karri, I LOVE snow! We seldom with get any here - mostly the dangerous ice and sleet. Midwest Girl, where do you live? Those are some cold temperatures!

My OS feels riding my bike keeps the knee joint lubricated. Does anyone else ride a bike at home and how much do you ride? Do you ice after you ride each time? How long?
 
We have a light dusting of snow on our deck. Looks like powdered sugar!

My OS took me off my recumbent bike until we determine what's happening with my OLD knee. :gaah:
I was riding for 20 min once a day then icing.
 
Wind chill going down to 3 tonight. I love snow and LOVE snowstorms. This is really our first snow of the season, so a disappointing winter thus far.
I also love my bike! I ride it 5 days out of 7 and about 4 miles at a time. I should work my way up to 8-10 makes, but I get bored. Biking hurts my left knee far less than walking, it actually doesn't hurt at all. I keep the resistance as low as possible, but it makes me feel like I'm exercising even though the resistance is low and the computer on it has me burning calories. My old bike was the stand up kind with a TERRIBLE seat the hurt and gave me a rash. The recumbent doesn't hurt my back, me knees or my behind. :yes!:
 
First freeze of winter here tomorrow night in N. Florida. No snow, that only happens here once every hundred years and the last time was about 27 years ago!
I have a heated mattress pad and I love it, keeps away the morning stiffness. Helps with the fibromyalgia.
I have a recumbent bike and I do approximately 10 minutes every other day without any resistance. When I first started I only did 3 minutes and gradually increased the time.
Sounds like you are doing well. When I don't get to church I love to watch Charles Stanley, I record all his sermons.
Happy Sunday!
 
@Timetolive i live in Nebraska. Born and raised in South Dakota. I'm not a fan of cold or snow. Nor the ice that we always get. I haven't gotten on the bike (recumbent) yet because that would mean going to the gym and I haven't done that yet. Once I'm back at work I'll probably use the work gym. It may be less crowded. I'll definitely have to listen to music while biking tho. My 1 1/2 yr old bionic right knee's crunching from the scar tissue has become loud. And it makes me cringe sometimes.
 
It's been disappointing weather for the Pocono mountains so far this year. It went up to 59 today but the temp is rapidly dropping with our first chance of snow in Tuesday. The ski resorts need the cold weather. To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind moving somewhere were I wouldn't have to deal with any of it again!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom