Ask the Expert Webinar

Night pain solutions using moist heat and clingfilm

Josephine

NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITUS
Nurse Director
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
THE MOIST HEAT SOLUTION
I found this was a great solace at around 3-4 months when I got a really unbearable and wearing ache in my knee. It wasn't the surgical pain if before and it certainly did respond to changes in the weather. Cold and damp was the time it would set in, also the middle of the night. It's particularly good for knees but no reason it shouldn't work as well elsewhere.

Ice was no good, heat was no good, pain pills of all types were no good. I was in despair. Then a friend told me about moist heat.

- get a small towel and thoroughly wet it, ring it out until it's only just wet.
- put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes or until it's really hot
- BE CAREFUL it's not scalding. If it is, flap it about a bit to cool it off.
- it needs to be hot as you can comfortably stand but not enough to burn you
- wrap it round your knee (or where ever) and keep it there until it cools
- then heat it up and repeat!

It's really, really soothing and the relief is unbelievable!

THE GLAD WRAP SOLUTION
also known as Saranwrap or clingfilm - however, it should be noted that Glad wrap and Saranwrap both have a lightly adhesive backing which is very helpful.

I would also say that in recent use of this idea, I have found that it is unnecessary to wrap the leg round and round. By experimenting, I found that a patch large enough to cover the wound and both side of the knee is just as effective and stays in place nicely overnight.

The video says it all

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Puppy Lady
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom