TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did your doctor visit go? Hoping for the best for you.

On the walking question. I've been walking down my street and back a couple times this week. We are having some mild weather here this week. The sun was out this morning and I was going to go for a walk then but decided to wait until after lunch. Unfortunately it clouded up and rained after lunch and a nap. I still went for the walk but it wasn't as enjoyable. I took one of my dogs with me and she bumped my knee when leaving the house. It hurt at the time but I think it's ok.
 
Thanks everyone. The doctor visit...hmmm...the doctor said it was not a good thing to puzzle the doctor....I thought the back pain and then left abdominal pain (with the history of kidney stones) would point to a kidney stone passing. After he examined me, we discovered that my bladder is extremely tender- not what a kidney stone would present. So, I have an appointment at 9:00 a.m. for a CT scan with contrast to see if they can find out what is going on. The pain intensified after he mashed, poked, and prodded. It was as if he had awakened an angry giant. We talked about going to the ER, but the doctor said I would get the kidney stone work up and that would not be the CT I needed. It was decided if I can tough it out, we will proceed with the CT tomorrow. Heck, what is a little more pain?? :dead: I am REALLLLLYYY getting tired of all of this. My daughter reminded me that the only thing I can do is soldier on - there is nothing we can do to change it. I wonder when she became so wise??? :console2:

I hope everyone has a pleasant night. The way I see it, if we are asleep, we aren't feeling pain, so take a nap or go to bed!:tada:
 
Oh dear, what in the world is going on?
Your daughter is right and what a blessing she has been.
Wonder if maybe a bladder infection, but imagine that would show up on your labs.
I will keep you in my prayers.
I know this has been rough for you. Will be here to offer support and prayers. ❤
 
I'm so sorry nothing today was definitive. I know you are bummed. Tie a knot in the end of that rope and hang on... Praying that tomorrow will be better and give you answers. Aren't we blessed to have such wise daughters?? Must be in the genes?? Gentle hugs, my friend.
 
@Glamg1979, the urinalysis came back negative on all points - no blood and no infection in the urine. I just don't want ANY infection ANYWHERE. Thank you for the prayers. I appreciate them.

Helen, @Thesoutherncook, that rope has so many knots, it is getting too short! hahahaha! Yes, very blessed. Thank you.
 
I hope that the CT scan will uncover the reason for your pain and you can finally have a smooth recovery. My prayers are with you. It sounds like your daughter must of had a wonderful teacher to learn from.
 
Mysteries abound...hmmmm, we were hoping for answers. But you're right sleep always works. :sleep:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Getting caught up on your thread - my goodness, you are having a tough time! Glad your doctor is investigating thoroughly, and hope to hear a solution has been found soon. Hang in there!
 
I'm sorry you just can't get a break with anything right now. Hopefully they find out what is wrong with the Ct and it's not major. I'll keep you in my prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow what happened @Timetolive I was off for a few days and you have been put through the ringer again. So sorry you are having a rotten time again. I hope the ct finds out what's going on. It's like please can my knee please heal before anything else needs fixing. Ugh thinking and praying that you are feeling a hole lot better very soon. Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way.
 
Hoping everything is going good for you today and that you are feeling much better.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wishing you good reports, keeping pushing through. This will make us stronger. God is with you.
 
I'm just checking in to see how you are doing. I hope all is well. Stay strong.:sneaker:
 
Yeah, you generally don't want to be the "interesting" patient. I hope they can figure out what is going on soon and take care of it.
 
The CT showed diverticulitis. The doctor gave me a prescription for amoxicillin for the infection. I have been throwing up all day and have been unable to keep the amoxicillin or the morphine down. I feel so bad. Thank you all for your concern. I just hope this infection can in no way travel to my knee.
 
I'm sorry yo're having such a bad time. Do let your doctor know you're vomiting.
 
Ohh so sorry to hear it's such a ruff day for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, I'm so sorry that you are going thru this.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
oh my so sorry, if you continue to not be able to keep meds and liquids down give your Dr a call please. wishing you better days.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom