TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to have a mini enema in the hospital and I also had to administer one myself after I came home. i needed to take an aperient all the time I was on narcotic pain relief. Those narcotics can be very constipating, so keep taking what you need to, to make sure that the poop fairy visits regularly.
 
I'm telling y'all, we just have got to get a Poop Fairy emoticon! :heehee:

@Celle, for some reason, I thought I read we weren't supposed to take a laxative?
 
I think our bodies like routine, and the stress of the surgery and the way pain meds slow everything down is not routine! It helped me to try to get to a new normal - take pain meds at set intervals, drink lots of water, eat fresh high fiber foods. Then when you don't need the pain meds so much do a very very gradual weaning. Do take extra good care of yourself right now. Your recovery is the most important thing in the world right now, and you are the architect of your future life. Sounds like you are doing everything right. It is not rapid, but you will get there!
 
@Celle, for some reason, I thought I read we weren't supposed to take a laxative?
Don't take a laxative as the first line of defence - that's where drinking lots of water and eating extra fibre, including prunes, is recommended.

However, sometimes, that isn't enough and then you need to take a laxative as well.
 
@Slainte , I like that "architect of your future life" because I truly am remaking my life. I am at a time in my life when I have no one to care for (well, husbands are partners :roseshwr:) and have my own life for the first time ever. It is a scary and AMAZING time. Hmmmmm......:chinstroke: What DO I want to be when I grow up???

Thanks @Celle. You are always right there with support. I appreciate it.
 
My kids are big into having lists from everyone but I got myself in a little trouble by putting a grandchild on the list!!! :tada:

How about you?
 
@newlybionic, Well that sure beats the Poop Fairy! :rotfl::rotfl:

Since the kids are all grown, we collectively decided to stop gifts and just enjoy each other and remember the season. We still buy for our granddaughter, although since she is in pharmacy school, money is what she likes. DH and I exchange gifts, although we haven't gotten that far into thinking about it. We are just so thankful for the outcome of my surgery and looking forward to better days ahead.

Would this be your first grand?
 
Yes and I' m not getting any younger!!:old: I promised to become full time nanny too! So I'm hoping next year I might have one on the way!!
 
To funny how the poop fairy is very important to us with bionic knees :heehee:. I have been eating 5-6 prunes a day plus one stool softener and some green naked juice and for now all is well. Also drinking a lot of water. I agree at least we an talk about it here and not be considered strange.
I hope everyone had a good visit with the poop fairy today and are feeling very comfortable this evening.
Good night sweet dreams. :sleep::sleep:
 
Good morning! What a glorious day the Lord has made!

I hope all slept well and have awakened with controlled pain and relief. :chuckmarch: (The chicken is going to be the fairy - :rotfl::rotfl:)

I have mentioned about my trouble with Xarelto and the excessive bruising and swelling. Today, I have a dark streak about 3 inches long in the remaing bruising. I have been sleeping on my side. Do you think this could have been from the pillow or something like the creases you can get on your face from the pillowcase sometimes? The area where I had the excessive bruising tends to bruise easily now. I had the doppler and no clots. The calf is still firm to the touch. Any ideas?

[Bonesmart.org] Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<


I hope all have a day filled with joy.
 
I love the :chuckmarch:designation as the poop fairy!! Eventually the fairy will be making regular stops at everyone's house! I'm glad your Doppler studies were negative for clots. I have no idea about the bruising question maybe Josephine might be able to answer that one. I hope it starts to dissipate for you soon. It is a beautiful day here also. It's a little cold but I'm not complaining because we usually have a good snowfall by now and we haven't yet. I hope every day will be beautiful in some way at this point and beyond.
 
@newlybionic, I am a little shy about tagging Josephine, she is so busy!

Another first!! Home alone and took a shower! I have been showering by myself, but today was the day of overcoming that security of knowing someone is here. My mind needs to trust Ralph is not going to let us down.
 
Is there an indentation you can feel on the crease? @Celle would be able to tell if it's something to tag Josephine for. I can't believe how bruised your leg is? Is it sore from the bruising or is it just the knee that's sore?
 
That's a great step in recovery!! Unfortunately I've been alone with my 'dogstors' after 17 days. Two of them are sleeping in my recliner with me now. You could always send Josephine a personal message that she can return when she has time.

I'm glad Ralph is doing so well. I still haven't decided on a name for mine. I'm thinking Batman and I'll use Robin if and when I ever have the courage to do it again. :chinstroke:
 
I have mentioned about my trouble with Xarelto and the excessive bruising and swelling. Today, I have a dark streak about 3 inches long in the remaing bruising. I have been sleeping on my side. Do you think this could have been from the pillow or something like the creases you can get on your face from the pillowcase sometimes? The area where I had the excessive bruising tends to bruise easily now. I had the doppler and no clots. The calf is still firm to the touch. Any ideas?
[Bonesmart.org] Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<
image.jpeg
I am a little shy about tagging Josephine, she is so busy!
I don't think it's anything significant, @Timetolive but I will ask @Josephine to have a look for you. You do still have a lot of bruising. (Josephine, the photo was originally in Post# 373. Timetolive had a reaction to Xarelto.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom