THR thr recovery

Thanks layla and polarice

hope your both good.

Appointment went good surgeon said he was happy with my progress no x rays though. Incision healing up real good. He also said happy for me to go back to work fulltime at 10 wks, but no heavy labour until at least 12 wks

He told me to take my time though and to put operated hip back when lifting things off the floor also told me not to try bending down to do laces up and cut toenails, he said leave this until at least 12 wks don't let hips go past 90 degrees till at least 12 wks. So I will still use grabber for another 5 weeks.

He told me to do plenty of walking which I am doing, and limp is getting much smaller every day as hip is getting stronger. I can walk now at least 1400 metres with no walking aids. Though when I go out I do take crutch or cane in highly busy areas just to show really that I have had op and not to bump into me.

Anyway all good recovery going well.

Layla I did big hop but sshhh don't tell my surgeon. lol.

polarice hip buddie glad your recovery is going really well too.

And happy 7 weeks to you too.
 
Giddsy1, it's good to see that you are coming along well in your recovery, and that your surgeon is pleases with your healing and progress.
My surgeon was also conservative about those restrictions, probably even more so than yours. It's sort of a hassle to comply but better safe than sorry. You may find, as I did, that the restrictions accidentally fall by the wayside as time goes by. At six months out, I have a few movements that he wants me to avoid if possible, but it's no big deal. He told me that in making any of the previously restricted moves now, to go slowly and deliberately and not to make the movement quick and forcefully.
My surgeon reiterated what we're told here...that it takes about a year to be considered fully healed.
Good luck to you going forward. I hope your wonderful progress continues.
 
That is such amazing news! so happy to see you are right on track like me with the same advice I was given to. Hard to behave and stay quiet, but I have no doubt we won't regret the final result. Big hugs! Happy 7 weeks Giddsy1!!!
 
Thanks very much subie2021

like you say better to be safe than sorry.

All comes with time.

And good luck to you going forward too.
 
Totally agree Polarice

big hugs to you too.

Happy 7 weeks.
 
You make a great point Giddsy1, 2022 is THE year for us to re-explore life in a new body with some new exciting new journeys to take. Love your vibe mate, stay positive!:happydance:
 
Hi All.

8 weeks post op now, getting stronger everyday. Walking improving and going little bit further everyday walking up to 2 miles everyday.
Limp is getting better and am still concentrating on heel to toe. (like I say though I did have limp for 3 years pre op. The limp is much much better post op).

I Still take cane though on the 2 mile walks just in case (piece of mind I suppose) although I do forget to take it sometimes.

Few little niggley pains but nothing bad, muscles all coming back together.

I do have a bit of aching on non operated hip. although nothing to moan about. I was told by surgeon that my right hip wasn't the best either although it was no where near as bad as the left.

I am going back to work fulltime on the 18th April.

Anyway 8 week summery is all going good. Improving everyday, getting stronger everyday, alot less pain than before op, mobility improving everyday.

hope your good.
 
Your recovery sounds to be going just fine and sounds alot like my recovery timeline.
Like to think of the old quote retrofitted for new hippys:

We ain't what we want to be. We ain't what we gonna be. But, thank God, we ain't what we was!

It keeps getting better and better and good for you for making it a slow go and giving the healing all the time it needs.
Summer will surely be sweet!:egypdance:
Have a great day, @Giddsy1
 
Nice one, Mojo333

you have brill day too,.

off for my 2 mile walk down the beach with
the woofer.
 
Hi all.

just quick question does any of my hippie buddies recommend taking TURMERIC ??
I did ask surgeon once and he seemed to think that it didn't make much difference.
 
I know several people who swear by it.. apparently there is a formula for taking it. Like taking it with black pepper and something that is healthy fats like avocado, coconut milk, etc.
I would say that about 20 % of my client base uses it. Which is in no way an accurate study of it's benefits.
I tried it for a bit and it kind of upset my stomach. But probably didn't give it it's proper chance.

Your recent updates are so good, you bring back happy memories of my first THR.. I was told that I'd probably get 5 years from the other hip and I made it to 4 years. Of course, knowing what I now know, I didn't let it get as painfully bad before bidding it adieu!
 
Thanks CricketHip.

No harm in trying it I suppose. (The Turmeric).

I think non operated hip has been doing little more work lately that's all, helping out operated hip.

Anyway only little ache nothing to bad.
 
Thanks CricketHip.

No harm in trying it I suppose. (The Turmeric).

I think non operated hip has been doing little more work lately that's all, helping out operated hip.

Anyway only little ache nothing to bad.
Hi Giddsy1, I have been taking Turmeric in the form of Curcumen for several years, except for 2 weeks prior and 5 weeks post op as it's not recommended whilst on blood thinners. Turmeric supposedly has an anti inflammatory effect and can assist with arthritis. It is not well absorbed into the body so needs to be taken with eg black pepper but some brands are pre prepared in such a way to give optimum absorption of the 'curcuminoids', the active substance in turmeric. Like all supplements its hard to quantify benefits, but hopefully it's doing some good!
 
That is a great update! It's interested because I started having aching down in the joint as I am increasing walking and doing the basic strengthening exercises with physio, which is normal as I slowly adjust. Still VERY basic exercises tough.

Keep up the good work, it's really exciting to see you're doing well.
 
Thanks Reanda.

Thanks for feedback I will give it a go, any help is good help.

thanks
 
That is a great update! It's interested because I started having aching down in the joint as I am increasing walking and doing the basic strengthening exercises with physio, which is normal as I slowly adjust. Still VERY basic exercises tough.

Keep up the good work, it's really exciting to see you're doing well.
Hi Polarice.

Happy 8 weeks. to you.

we are bound to have few aches and pains because we are using joints and muscles we haven't used for a while.

Yes recovery going well and getting better everyday though I am still listening to my new hip and not overdoing it and being cautious in dangerous places, like I just put fuel in the car and garage forecourt was very slippery so I fully took my time walking to the cashier to pay.

Mojo333 told me some wise words earlier which I fully agree with.

I hope your recovery is going good too.
 
Great update Giddsy1!
It seems you’re making good progress. Eight weeks already, wow. Hopefully your right hip becomes less bothersome as your limp eases and you can get several more years out of it. Happy (almost) Two Month Anniversary! Enjoy the beach walks with the woofer! :)
@Giddsy1
 
Great update Giddsy1!
It seems you’re making good progress. Eight weeks already, wow. Hopefully your right hip becomes less bothersome as your limp eases and you can get several more years out of it. Happy (almost) Two Month Anniversary! Enjoy the beach walks with the woofer! :)
@Giddsy1
Nice one Layla.

thanks.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom