Guest viewing is limited

THR thr recovery

Thanks Klassy.

That's a coincidence I was just goner put an update. (great minds think alike as they say lol).
I hope its all good in the Midlands.

Yes 3 months since lthr, all going good been back to work for 4 weeks, last 2 weeks full time, and back to my normal job.

It's great to be back in work after being off recovering for 8 weeks. Hip feeling good and getting stronger every day. I am back lifting and fitting and it's all going good. Mobility is really good and I can walk all day. I am still being cautious though and not doing anything silly. (This new hip got to last me another 30/40 years.

I am not taking any pain meds even after 10 hour shift, and haven't been having any soreness or aching, only a little fatigued as you would be after having 8 weeks off. I do watch the weather as a scary thing for me is rain, I am still concerned about slipping, and I am extra cautious in wet conditions. This is my only big concern.

So the summery is back to working 50 hour weeks.

Hardly any pain.

sleeping soundly 8hrs a night.

Life getting fully back to normal prior to hip pain 5 years ago.

So all in all feeling good, though still being cautious and remembering not to overdo it.

I hope all my bonesmart buddies are all doing good.
 
Great update! You are a model hipster.

We need rain in our bit of the midlands, so I will ask the weather people to please let the clouds bypass your part of Wales and come directly here.

I am doing fairly well thanks. Babying my hip at the moment to make sure it is fit to celebrate my month 4 anniversary at the end of the week.
 
Thanks Klassy.

Mind them weather forecasters sometimes get it wrong. lol.

Glad your doing well.

That Cockopoo is calling you woof woof. lol.
 
A belated Happy Three Month Anniversary!
What a wonderful update. You’re doing so well. I’m happy to hear your remain cautious even though you’re three months post op. Remember your good old friend ice if you’re ever feeling like you overdid it a bit. Stay safe and enjoy!
@Giddsy1
 
Hi Layla.

will do.

Thanks Layla

have a great day.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope life is good and you’re doing well. Life without hip pain is awesome. :happyfeet:
Wishing you a great Summer 2022 and all the best!
@Giddsy1
 
Thanks Layla you have been a great support over these 4 months.

So I must say thank you very much.

I am doing great deweeding the garden as we speak, all going good new hip has made a big big difference pain free, hooray.

have a great summer Layla and all my bonesmart buddies.
 
You‘re welcome and thank you for your kind words, Giddsy1
You‘ve been a pleasure to support and I’m very happy to know you’re doing well.
@Giddsy1
 
Great to hear you are doing so well.
Life with new hips can he so sweet:happyfeet:
 
Wow, 6 months!:egypdance:
Glad to see an update that your are doing well.
I certainly had some niggles at six months out but things will keep getting better and better up to... and over a year, in my case.
Have a great Tuesday @Giddsy1
 
I can’t believe it’s been 6 months already, and we went in the same day! Never thought I would see this day! Congrats my friend!!!!!
 
thanks mojo333 and polarice. Time flies when we're having fun. quality of life much better with new hip.
 
Congratulations on your stellar recovery, you have done so well!

Isn't it just the best feeling to have the surgery and most of the recovery over with?
I found that my increasing activities and return to work still required some icing and hopefully you do this if or whenever you might feel a bit overtired or strained in that new hip.

So pleased for you!
 
Wow so happy for you! I'm feeling pretty good too! Like you said some soreness here and there especially when I drive or do too many errands but nothing some good ol ice won't fix! Best wishes for you.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom