THR thr recovery

I kept checking to see if you had a post up @Giddsy1 but I see I missed seeing it!
How are you making out my friend? I hope you’re a little less sore to, and your mobility is a little better.

Find those little improvements every day. We will get there my friend! We’ve got this!
 
All coming along mighty fine Polarice.
Improving everyday as I hope you are too. First app with my consultant is next Wednesday. :)
 
My first appt with surgeon is also Wednesday for me!

I’m 100% there with you for side sleeping. I’m not a back sleeper either and couldn’t get sleep until I realized I could roll. I had the anterior approach which the surgeon says eliminates all restrictions. Easier said than done tho this early in recovery. A nurse showed me how to roll on my side 8 hrs after surgery(life changing).

I no longer use a pillow(most times), but I did initially because I was just so sore. I placed a pillow between my legs and SLOWLY let myself roll to the right. I’ve used my good leg as a brace. Even that position can cause some stiffness inthe bum cheek or groin BUT you have to remember it’s normal. Our bodies are healing and re-learning how to use the new structures there.

You’ve got this. Find the small wins every day. That’s how we will be able to stay focused and keep the courage on❤
 
Hi everyone just calling in, it has been 2 wks since my lthr, all going good. Seen my surgeon this morning he is happy with my progress and told me to try to start using just one crutch around the house and keep up plenty of exercise with 2 crutches. (plenty of walking) which I am trying to do, but the weather is bad here in Wales raining all the time so restricts you a bit. So roll on some good weather. Also told me I can start going swimming in 2 wks, and to book in physio which I have done today and start physio next Wednesday. I know it's still quite recent since op but my consultant says as long as I keep it up he can't see why I can't be back in work in 8 to 10 wks which is my aim. Aswell explained to my consultant about having problems sleeping and he told me I could try sleeping on operated side if its not to painful, your body will tell you when it's ready.

so all good.

I hope everybody is fit and well out there and you are all doing good.
 
@Giddsy1 Indeed it is not exactly the weather for a stroll outdoors! Glad your appointment went well. You can try to sleep on your op side however it may be a bit sensitive for awhile.
 
Hi @Giddsy1 . Sounds like you are doing very well. I hope the side sleeping goes well. I found I had to start with short spells and work up to all night sessions. It will feel great when you get there.

The short profile beside your posts says that you are based in the US. I’m wondering if that’s a typo or whether America also has a Wales where it rains a lot. I’m in the west midlands of England where we get less rain, because it has already fallen on Wales. But we have had plenty lately!
 
Ha ha.

No Klassey I am only down the road from you in bridgend County. Wales UK.

I will try to change the short profile.
 
Does anybody know how to change the profile??
 
@Giddsy1
I sure didn't have an easy time sleeping on my back but it was quite some time before lying on my side was comfortable.
Definitely a downside to having both done at once :sigh:

However, looking back...I know those tough months were worth getting good hips and getting back to a happy active life.

You are doing splendidly, I think.
This Spring will be Sweet
 
Happy Two Week Anniversary!
Great update, you’re progressing nicely. Hopefully the weather begins cooperating and you’re able to enjoy some walks outdoors. Keep up the good work and thanks for checking in!
@Giddsy1
 
3 wks today Post op and all going to plan. down to one crutch now, and only taking pain meds at night so all good. Went to my first physio session today and it went well, physiotherapist gave me alot of new exercises to get on with.
They also told me to put more weight on my new hip and put a bit more faith into it, which I will do. Like trying to walk a little bit every day without aids in short bursts.
 
Three weeks today. Happy Three Week Anniversary!
Sounds like you’re making decent progress. Good for you, Giddsy!
Glad to hear your Physio went well. I do understand it is hard to have faith our leg is going to hold us up, but it will. Consider practicing along the kitchen counter, or a similar area where you can quickly grab onto something if you feel like you’re faltering.
You‘ll be zipping around assistive device free in no time. Best wishes!
@Giddsy1
 
Thanks Layla. that's good advice with the kitchen counter. and thank you for your words of encouragement and motivation. Great support. thank you.
 
3 wks today Post op and all going to plan. down to one crutch now, and only taking pain meds at night so all good. Went to my first physio session today and it went well, physiotherapist gave me alot of new exercises to get on with.
They also told me to put more weight on my new hip and put a bit more faith into it, which I will do. Like trying to walk a little bit every day without aids in short bursts.
That is amazing news!!! being able to go down to 1 crutch is so amazing when you first start, because it frees up a hand. Something I know I took for granted before. I have been feeling the same way about "trusting" the hip! I'm glad you mentioned that. As we become more and more mobile, I think it's going to take a lot of "firsts" before we stop worrying on whether or not we can trust it.

I am really excited about our pain free future my friend.
 
me to polarice its a long recovery, but we are getting there and every day is a better day and one step closer to recovery and a pain-free mobile life.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom