THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

Great to hear :yay:. Month 7 and rocking on sounds pretty good to me!
 
@Deni444 -took a LONG time go get here. Looking back-feels like forever. This has really changed my life-in a positive way I think.Staying thankful & focused. :loveshwr:
 
It's interesting when we speak of this surgery being "life changing" because it certainly is. For those that have suffered with hip issues for years I can understand where you are coming from. But for me, my hip was totally fine until I slipped on tiny patch of ice & fractured it resulting in surgery while on vacation just like @msart.
So that was my life change. I went from a very busy & active life to using a walker for 3-4 months, then a cane then finally I was ok.
But thank goodness there's a surgery that can repair us no matter how we end up on the operating table.
For me the process gave me a totally new respect for anyone that is permanently disabled. We are so fortunate there was a "fix" for our hips.
 
Hey BS friends-hope everyone is doing great & healing up. Thought I hadn’t checked in in a while & wanted to say hi. Month 8 is right around the corner & im feeling really pretty good. I hardly notice my new hip & my life has returned to somewhat normal, I’m happy to report. Still think about it daily, especially when I do stairs or see something that looks challenging to walk on. But otherwise-im doing very well. Hope everyone stays positive on this hard journey! Hang in there. :loveshwr:
 
Great to hear from you. Month 8 already!
Time & recovery marches on…stay well.
 
Thanks for the update, msart! Happy to read you're doing well. I don't believe a day goes by that I'm not reminded I had a joint replacement in some way. Usually after I engage in some movement that I probably shouldn't have, but that's not the only time. I guess I view it as a healthy awareness somewhere in the forefront of my mind to save myself from doing something stupid, lol. However...we are all wired differently.

Happy Friday! Good to see you stopping by, I hope you have a lovely weekend! :)
@msart
 
What a lovely update! I'm really happy for you :yes!: There's just something wonderful about the word, 'normal' when it comes to describing a day in the life of recovery. Your story had been a huge motivation to me because of how you have always bounced back from challenges. I hope they are all behind you now. Keep going! :loveshwr:
 
Checking in on my lovely BS friends. Month 8 is rocking along. My new hip is adjusting well to my life!! I went to visit my sister about 3 hrs away this weekend-the drive did not bother me-although I did get out to stretch 1/2 way. My hip did start to bother me a tad-but my sister has stairs in her house & bedrooms are upstairs-we decided I just was not used to going up & down several times a day. Other than that-I am doing all the things I did pre fall/surgeries. My confidence has soared & I am ever so thankful that everything has healed up so nicely. Wasn’t fast enough-but I can’t be picky here.

Hope everyone is doing well. Be patient with your body-this is just a long long process.
 
Great to hear from you. You are doing spectacular & happy you got to take a weekend to visit. Long rides are ok as long as you stop & stretch a bit. I know I can’t stay in one spot sitting for very long, just get too stiff.
Stay well.
 
Another wonderful update! It's lovely to hear that your recovering so well and you are now doing all those things you could do prior to surgery. Stairs are quite a work out. I remember years ago doing a step aerobic workout class and the aches were gruesome afterwards. I was fit and arthritis free then too :heehee:
 
Hi BS friends! It’s been a minute since I checked in. I am fast approaching 11 months & life is GOOD. I am just amazed at how quickly time has past & how good I feel now. My life has returned to normal-I am still very cautious on stairs, uneven ground & just walking-lol. I certainly do not want to have to go through this again. But I am thankful for the growth & actually for the time I was able to be still & heal. Looking back is hard for me, but this group was a lifesaver. So thankful to have found it.

I hope everyone is hanging in there. This recovery is hard, no joke. And the days are long, but you will eventually get there.
 
Hi, @msart …. So great to hear that you’re doing well. I’m so glad to know we were able to help you through the surgery and recovery to get where you are today. Hang in there. Your complete confidence will return as your strength continues to improve. I hope you’re enjoying your summer and don’t hesitate to return for updates here when you can. We always love hearing success stories and, believe me, they are so important for our members who are just beginning their joint journey.
 
Great to hear from you. After 3+ years I’m still so aware of my surroundings at all times, especially in crowds.
So happy you are back to normal & enjoying life once again.
This forum is a lifesaver for so many of us!
 
It made my day seeing an update from you. So glad to hear how well you are doing and to hear you say life is GOOD :flwrysmile:
 
Hi msart!
What a nice surprise to hear from you! I'm happy to read you're doing so well and thanks for the encouraging words for those following behind you. So sweet!
Don't be a stranger here, we love hearing from old friends. Take good care and enjoy your new hip! :)
@msart
 
@Layla, @Deni444, @benne68, @myglasshalffull & @Jamie-yall are too sweet. I am so thankful for your kindness, always.

I am planning on making appointment with a hip dr here, in sept will be one year, so someone will see me finally. Crazy, reallly that I have recovered with no dr, except my surgeon via text & my wonderful general Dr. but I did & im only moving up & onward.

I know it feels like forever to get here. My advice-do what ur Dr says, listen to your body & be kind to yourself. This is a LONG recovery, so please be patient. One day, very soon, you will make up & feel whole again. Hang in there. :curtsey:
 
Lovely to hear that you have done so well :wave:

I planning to phone my surgical team on Monday as its now 19 weeks since my hip replacement and I can still only walk with aids and I have pain all the time, so really feels like this needs checking.

It’s always nice to hear how well people have done and hope I can join your ranks before too much longer.
 
Hi BS friends. I hope everyone is doing well & healing up as quickly as possible. I have a question & yall are the best group to ask. As many know, I was on the heals of a terrible divorce, then I had my accident. So I have been single-recently I started casually seeing a man. I am so scared of SEX. It has almost been a year, next month, since my surgery & I have been so focused on healing this past year. I never imagined I’d meet someone, but I have. He knows I have been healing from THR-my question is how do I get over this fear & are there any do’s or dont’s? I am literally terrified just thinking about it. If u would rather PM me, please do. I need so advice!!!

:scare:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom