THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

@IndigoKnee-i hope you got some answers & are doing better. I have not been on here much as of late, but I do know this recovery takes forever. Hang in there!!!
 
I found the information in the link above really useful and also the related discussions in the thread. One thing for certain, your feelings and concerns are not unusual. Very understandable but I think we can say with some confidence, that although we don't hear much about it. Hippies go on to enjoy sex after initial recovery. Personally, my hips were so bad prior to surgery that I'd already had to transition to the positions in the link out of necessity. They're hip friendly.

I'm so happy to hear you have met somebody and I wish you every happiness after all you've been through :flwrysmile:
 
@IndigoKnee-i hope you got some answers & are doing better. I have not been on here much as of late, but I do know this recovery takes forever. Hang in there!!!
Hi @msart I’m waiting to have further investigation as it seems I may have severed a ligament in my knee when I had the accident. Despite my saying from the start that I have pain and restriction in the knee no one has looked at it until last week.
Great you have a new important person in your life! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi msart,
As a Basic member, I am sure you're unable to see the article, referenced a few times above, nor view the illustrations or read any comments left by members. The Library articles are only available to Insider's. We implemented a subscription model at the beginning of the year. I will leave a link for you to check it out at the bottom of my post, if interested.


I wish you well in your new relationship!
I encourage you to share this fear with your surgeon, or a member of his care team for the reassurance you're seeking. I am sure it's a common concern they're familiar with and will have the best answers and advice for your peace of mind. They will provide timing guidance as well as mention any precautions you need to take to reduce stress on your new hip. Give them a call. :thumb:
A great week to you! :SUNsmile:
@msart



We're thankful you're a part of the community and your questions and support of others is part of what makes the BoneSmart experience so special. We've shifted to a subscription model and we're encouraging members to take their experience here to the next level. We appreciate and value your support as part of this community. For an enhanced experience here, we'd like to encourage you to join the Insiders Club which allows special perks above the basics, making the most of what BoneSmart has to offer. If you're interested, we'd love to have you join us!

As a Basic BoneSmart Member, you ll have access to core features of the forum, but some areas and functions are reserved for upgraded memberships. For an enriched experience including the ability to start your own threads and engage in discussions with members and staff about your specific concerns we invite you to join the Insiders Club. Upgrading not only unlocks full access to all forum features, but also provides valuable services like assistance with locating a surgeon, helpful downloads, and entry to the BoneSmart Library filled with videos and in depth articles to support you on your joint replacement journey. Please join us!

Here is a link to check out Basic membership vs Insider Club membership -> Become an Insider
 
@msart

I am just catching up on your thread and oh my gosh, congrats on meeting someone !! I am so happy for you. Personally, I didn't have any issues at all. Hope all is going well for you.

:loveshwr:
 
Guys!! I made it -ONE YEAR TODAY-on my injury & my first surgery. I’m kind of emotional tonight. This has been a very hard year, no doubt. I have doubted myself many times-but here I am thriving!! To all those first going through this-hang in there-it does get better. I’m flooded with memories & pictures, I’ve come a long way, baby. :curtsey:
 
Congratulations @msart - it was a long rough road for you.
Thank you for logging in to note your milestone. Here's to what even better days await you in year 2 :cheers:
 
Congratulations :flwrysmile: It's so great to hear you say that you are thriving. I'm sat here wondering, just how many, many people your story has helped to date and how many more to come. You've come a long way and I have a feeling this is just the beginning. Please keep us posted!

Congratulations on your anniversary and all the best... :yes!:
 
Happy one year anniversary! It’s the best feeling to get to that one year milestone! But guess what, Year 2 & beyond keeps getting better!
I wish you happy days ahead.
Check in once in a while, I enjoyed your posts.
 
Yes, you have come along way and it's wonderful to read your update. Thankfully you are one of many stories documented here of successful revisions and we value each one as inspiration for those following behind and finding themselves in need of a revision. You've done well, msart, and you've been a joy to follow. May it only get better. Please stop by with updates, we love hearing from you. Happy One Year Anniversary!
@msart
 
Omg!! @Layla, @myglasshalffull, @Deni444 & @mendogal-thabk yall for the kind words.i am so thankful for this group @ I hope others find it as helpful as I did Yall were my lifeline, the peace & comfort I found from this online community is unsure passed. I am so thankful I found such a kind & compassionate group to help me along.i am happily celebrating 1 year & I will (finally) see a hip Dr here next week. I am very excited about it. I will definitely keep u all posted!! Keep encouraging each other!!
 
Best Wishes for your appointment next week, msart. Glad you found an OS close to home.
I hope you like him and have a great visit. Don't be a stranger here! :friends:
@msart
 
It must be incredibly daunting, getting over this hurdle whilst in a new relationship. You’re dealing with everything being new alongside a quite natural nervousness about putting your new hip to the test.

With hip #1 (posterior, left - currently recovering from the same on the right), we resumed about 2 months after my surgery. Obviously, we were careful - but it was absolutely fine. A year on from surgery your hip should be very stable, and you have probably got used to listening to your body and know when it is telling you to back off from a certain movement. Your new hip is certainly stronger and probably more mobile than the broken down old one that it replaced. I’m currently less than two weeks out from surgery on my right, and knowing what I know from the first time around I could probably manage sex now with considerably less discomfort than I was having before surgery.

I’m sure your new partner is just as nervous as you are - he is probably terrified of somehow hurting you (which is very unlikely). So the answer is - as with all relationship stuff - just to communicate really openly.

DM me if you want more practical info - but really it is all just common sense. And if you don’t feel ready, there is no need to rush. The more you worry, the harder it is going to be.
 
Hey my BS friends-I have not logged in, in a while. Things have been going so well/I’ve almost forgotten about my THR-until today, sadly. At the gym, not working on legs, hip at all I got up & experienced a new, different pain. I immediately stopped working out, went home & cried. So many emotions here, bc my thr wasn’t scheduled, it was a freak accident. So all the sudden I’m scared again-what did I do, can I walk, omg-what is happening? I came home, iced, rested, it is sore-I don’t know what is wrong. I suppose I will call & make appointment tomorrow to get an Xray & make sure everything is ok. Just really really has scared me. Bc I honestly did not do anything to break my hip initially, & that is super scary to me. I’m not in any pain really, now. Just sore. I can’t imagine what is going on 13 months later. I need some good vibes & thoughts!! Super scared!!
 
I had setback at around 14 month mark after going back to work at a very busy restaurant. I was all proud of myself running around that dining room with heavy plates back & forth to the kitchen for first few weeks…and then….I could barely walk! So bad I was sure I had done something to compromise my hip. I was on couch with ice, etc. went for X ray and hip was where it should be & I was given muscle relaxers & some steroids which did help. I ended up back using a cane!
In any case it resolved after other appts & an MRI.
I wish you the best.
 
Dear @msart , sending you all the good vibes and healing thoughts I can. This is understandably scary for you, but it may just be grumbles from your new hip. I did feel like my new hips were still a work in progress even beyond the first year, and sitting on a hard surface for too long was enough to upset them. Perhaps you were sitting on something hard, or bracing your lower body without realising, it while concentrating on an upper body workout. Fingers crossed for you that it is a temporary setback.
 
I’m not in any pain really, now. Just sore.
That's a good sign. Honestly, soft tissue problems can pop up at any time. But I certainly understand the anxiety given your history and I think you are wise to get an Xray. It will put your mind at ease.
 
Hi msart, I understand your concern. It makes sense you're feeling anxious after all you've been through with your hip. New pain doesn't always mean damage though since the muscles, tendons and nerves can be sensitive for a long time through different types of activity. You were wise to stop your workout as you did to rest and apply ice. Hopefully you are feeling better today and you were able to talk to your OS's care team today for reassurance or guidance. Please stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.
Lots of comfort to you. :friends:
@msart
 
Hey @Layla, @benne68, @Klassy & @myglasshalffull-yall are still the BEST!! Thankfully, all is ok-just growing pains on this new hip. I am feeling so much better, really think it just scared me more than anything. Life has returned to normal, or normal for me. Working at my little flower shop, part time, keeping my grand baby-when I can & taking care of my parents. Feeling pretty wonderful today!! Thinking about everyone starting this journey & healing. (It is not an easy battle), Stay focused & positive, that’s half the battle. :curtsey:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom