Guest viewing is limited

THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

I'll bet it's lovely and peaceful working at a flower shop. Glad to read all is well. Thanks for stopping by to let us know you're feeling better. :thumb: Happy Thursday!
@msart
 
@Layla-life is good.it is a blessing working at the flower shop. I am thinking today I’m about 14 months in, and I’m FINALLY-not feeling like I had a hip replacement. So there is joy!! I would say month 10-13 I still felt like I had a foreign object on my body, but I’m finally feeling pretty normal. Which is awesome!!! My dr told me 1-2 years, so I guess he was right. Still not pushing it, my new dr told me it would last my lifetime-I’m 54-if I don’t abuse it. I asked what abusing it meant-he said any high impact-like running, etc. so I plan to keep on what I’m doing & being extra careful ALL THE TIME. I really don’t want to go through it again. Bc really, was hard-emotionally & physically.

Hang in there, those getting started & happy healing. Be patient w/ you body. :)
 
Great to hear from you @msart. I’m almost finishing up year 3 of my replacement & I can say Year 2 & 3 have been great. I think at my one year anniversary I felt very good but now I’m really back to my old self.
Stay well! And a joyous holiday season to you!
 
@msart

So happy for you !!!

Enjoy life, it's too short. We have been through the ringer with our hips. To see a report like this makes me smile.

Ash AKA Morgan :wave:
 
Hi my BS FRIENDS!! It’s been a hot minute since I have checked in, but yall crossed my mind tonight & just wanted to say hi & give everyone a quick update. I am 1yr & 4 months in & am doing really wonderfully. Everything has returned to normal, back at gym full force-not doing AS much cardio as before, much slower & not much resistance. But I’m getting there. I rarely feel my hip, which is a good thing. In fact, I almost forgot to take my antibiotics before my dental visit last week. Overall, life is good. I still am extremely cautious, I think it’s because I don’t want a repeat. I did just donate all my high heels, bc I am most definitely not wearing them again. lol. Life is good, finally. I hope everyone is healing well, following dr’s orders & living life to the fullest. Looking forward to hearing back some of my ole friends. :curtsey:
 
Great to hear from you and even better to know you’re doing really well. Sorry about your high heels….but I bet you can replace them with something else that’s fun to enjoy that won’t risk your bionic hip. It sounds like your hip isn’t holding you back at all at the gym - hooray!!! Take care, let us hear from you when you can, and have a wonderful 2026!!
 
So thrilled that you are back to living life. I wanted to cry when I parted with my high heels, I just adore pretty shoes, but no more heels here either.
I’ll celebrate Year 4 in February. Life just keeps getting better!
 
Hi msart :wave:
I hope you enjoyed the holidays. It certainly sounds like you're back to life, embracing all that you love.
Giving up the heels is a rite of passage for most of us at some point. I laugh when I think about how easy and carefree it felt walking on heels back in the day. Not so much anymore. Eventually they begin to feel less stable, and less safe, especially after THR. Thankfully you can still find fashionable shoes that keep you from teetering while wearing them.

It was so nice to hear from you and read how well you're doing. Happy 2026! :)
@msart
 
Sorry, I'm late catching up :loveshwr:

I'm thrilled to hear you are doing so well and pretty much back to normal at the gym. You've worked so hard and your determination to recover what you lost is a real credit to you!

It's a real tonic to hear about longer term recovery. It's easy to fall into a trap of thinking recovery is all done and dusted a few months after surgery. The reality is that after the initial healing of soft tissue the body takes an extended amount of time to get back to where it was before. Anyone with some remaining niggles at their first year anniversary will be really happy to hear your update. Keep up the great work... You are a motivation to us all xxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom