Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Happy Two Week Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well.
Wishing you a relaxing peaceful weekend.
Let us know when you get your drone up and running.
@Fractured
 
Well been a tough week for me.... 101/102 fever since last Tuesday night. Viral sinus thing. Fever is just starting to break today. My incision still leaks and they might stitch that area tomorrow. A bit of throbbing in the hip but I think its from laying around so much. Incision looks fine so I'm not thinking infection since they have had me on antibiotics orally since I came home. I just figure my resistance is low and some bug got a hold of me. Now just to stop this leak... LOL

@Mireille You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!
 
So sorry you're having a rough time. Glad to hear your fever is breaking.
Maybe a stitch in the wound will stop the leak.
Wouldn't hurt to have it checked also since you've been running a fever.
Feel better soon!
@Fractured
 
Hope things settle for you, always worries, certainly when they stitched after my big bleed it worked wonderfully, do hope the same for you, hope you feel better soon,xxx
 
@Everyone. Looks like I have the start of an infection. Surgeon told me today I have a large hematoma. The wound is leaking like crazy. Surgery Thursday.
 
Oh no! I'm so sorry! Thankfully they're catching it early.
You've been through so much. Prayers for a successful surgery and perfect recovery.
Please keep us posted, you know we're here for you always. :console2:
@Fractured
 
@Fractured Oh no, so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Are they doing a washout? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. This really bites! As Layla says, keep us posted.
 
Oh Fractured!
How frustrated you must be
You must stay strong...you have so many people rooting for you.

Keep the faith!
 
Bless you, but they are on it so quickly so hope you will be feeling better soon. As you know i have been through this so know how worrying it is, but, they will get it sorted it just can take time, thinking of you so much.xx
 
Sending up prayers and hope that they get the situation under control very soon. :praying:
 
Prayers going up for tomorrow.
We'll be here looking forward to your first post.
Hoping your not in pain.
@Fractured
 
@Everyone... Thank you! Frustrated to say the least. Not much pain but its oozing a lot. Trying to be positive but having a hard time. I will post as soon as I get to my room. Surgery is around 230Pm tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers and support.
 
Many of us will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Praying for the best possible outcome.
Big hugs :console2:
@Fractured
 
'@ Fractured, thinking of you, better the ooze out than in! Keep thinking positive it will all come right, big hugsxxx
 
Hi @Fractured

My heart goes out to you. You have been dealing with quite the ordeal, and I will keep you min my prayers. I hope your surgery today goes well. By the time you read this you will be in your room and probably completely wasted, but I wanted to send my best wishes.

Also, I had a question for you. Have you had a panoramic X-ray of your teeth in the last year when dealing with your infection? I only ask because I have had several abscess of my roots due to a trauma to my teeth when I was in high school (many many moons ago). Anyway, when I told this to my OS, even though the abscesses were from over 15 years ago, he asked me to go to the dentist and get a panoramic X-ray to ensure there was no smoldering infection (I have no roots in the affected teeth, so I wouldn't feel a "smoldering infection". Anyway, he said that while they have not found much evidence showing the infiltration of bacteria into the blood stream from the mouth during cleanings and whatnot, an active infection at the root (or anywhere in the body) can "seed the blood". Anyway, since your infection appears to be a recurrent one, might be worth asking your OS if he/she thinks a panoramic X-ray is worth doing. Just a thought.

I hope your surgery goes well and this infection is finally behind you.

Cheers
 
:thankyou: for sharing that post @wonkyhipoy
Very informative and useful information.

Thinking of you this morning @Fractured
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom