Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Still thinking of you and hoping you are ok:unsure:
Post when you are able!:praying:
 
@wonkyhipoy yes had a panoramic. I’m a daily flosser and brush 10 mins a day x3. Great input my friend

@ EVERYONE

I think my surgeon finally nailed. This poor guy inherited a mess with me. The reason I am getting the infections is due to blood pooling at the original fracture site of the first surgery in Chicago.

My Doc has put a vacuum and a drain on the incision It's already produced a pint of SHMOOTZ AT ONLY 6HOURS POST OP

I WAS SO SICK last week due to the infection forming. My doc did a total clean out and installed a new socket and ball in the hip. I'm already standing to use the PEESHALEE Bottle

Unfortunately I will be in for at least 3 days and have to do another 6 week batch of antibiotics via Piccline POOR SUSAN. BUT WORTH IT JUST TO GET PAST ALL OF THIS.

I’m feeling great. No fever and I’m only 6 hours post op. My spirits are much higher. Minimal pain maybe a 2. Just a punchy feeling cause of the new wound. Again hugs and thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. Greg
 
:wave: so glad that you posted!
I know you HAD to feel all those fervent well wishes...your signature is getting much too long, poor Fractured!
And POOR SUSAN.
Third time's going to be the charm.:yes!:
Very glad they are getting it worked out...thanks for popping in.:yes: Made my day.:SUNsmile:
 
Thanks for posting. We worry about you!
I'm so happy to hear they're trying something different (wound vac) in addition to the procedure and antibiotics. I pray your OS is on to something. The situation definitly sounds hopeful. I'm sure you hate being stuck there but it's probably best right now to get the extra attention for a few days.

Zinnia had a similar situation with the washout. I'm sure she'll be around checking on you once she's back from New Zealand. You're like a chick magnet with all your drama :rotfl: You had us at that first photo :heehee:
Now it's time to behave!
@Fractured
 
Hi @Fractured ,

Great to hear you came out of surgery okay and are doing well. Pooling you say. Okay, I am very interested to hear more about this. When you are feeling stronger... and assuming you have the desire, please post more about this. I have never heard of this before (which is no surprise as there are so many things have never heard of before), so I am extremely interested to learn more.

Hope that this is finally the light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Cheers.
 
So glad you are feeling better @Fractured ! Sounds like they have finally found the source of the problem!:yay: Let the healing begin!
 
@Fractured Wonderful things those wound vacs the way they suck all that gunge out!! So pleased things are feeling better, i am on my 2nd 6 week IVs following each other, yes they are an absolute nuisance, but thank goodness we can have them at home, fight hard those little bugs!!xxx
 
Thank you everybody. My Ortho said when he cut me open about a liter of watery blood fluid poured out. From the 5 surgeries tissue is damaged and doesn’t absorb or reabsorb the fluid back.

I feel great. Can walk 500 feet at a time. Going home tomorrow. Just waiting on the cultures
 
Good grief...a liter...oh my stars.:flabber:
That's got to feel better!

:fingersx: for cultures to come back okay so you. can Go Home!
Hope you have a good day and don't torture the poor nurses!
:) :-) (:
 
Wow! That's a lot of fluid. I hope your OS is on the right track and this is your last recovery on this hip.
It's great to hear you're feeling good. Prayers on the cultures.
Keep us posted and enjoy the day!
@Fractured
 
@Fractured So happy things went well and that you're feeling great! At least they were able to determine the cause and you're back on your way to a full recovery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!
 
@Everyone

Now that they know which bacteria to fight they gave me a specific antibiotic to combat same. Ortho says draining will slow now that we know what we are dealing with. I feel great. The 20 inch incision is itching like crazy so that’s a great sign. Going home today. I’m up walking easily. I can get out of bed alone. Thanks for all the support and prayers.
 
@Fractured So happy to read your good news. Sounds like the long battle is nearing an end. Well done!
 
Twenty inches long?!! :yikes:
Guys don't mind scars it seems, Women don't share the same feeling for the most part.
Happy to read they've singled out the nasty little bug, it's days are numbered, it's going down! :yes!:
Great progress you're making. Good attitude as always. Will keep you in prayer.
Wifey must be up for sainthood by now :angel: you're going to owe BIG TIME :rotfl:
@Fractured
 
Going home, :egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:
Battle scar in tow.
Glad they know what's up!
Healing hugs
:loveshwr:
 
Thanks everybody!! I'll post a pic if ya want to see. Its a doozy!!! Im feeling better. Adjusting to this antibiotic somewhat. Just down in the dumps but i will bounce back!
 
It would be hard to stay upbeat all the time after all you've been through.
You've basically been in a state of recovery for a year. That, or in pain.
The situation would wear on anyone. My heart goes out to you.
I find it hopeful that your OS honed in on a contributing factor with your latest surgery.
I feel this time will be the charm. Prayers for patience as you continue healing :prayer:
@Fractured

I'll bet your scar photo pales in comparison to your first post ever photo.
That one takes the cake!!!
 
:wave:I'm sure you are having your moments...please keep the faith.
Let's see the Frankenstein!:flabber:
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom