Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

@ Fractured you have done so well and of course you will have off days, but we will all fight with you, lots of good things to comex your scar is better than mine---honestly!!
 
By high demand.... LMAO Here is the pic of my last (5th) surgery 2 days post op!!!
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
 
@everybody...Thank you so much for the support this last year. It's been an emotional roller coaster of ups n downs. I always leave this forum in a positive state. And please don't hold back on any funny comments of my pic above.... Looks like an albino whale to me! LMAO HUGS!!
 
Whoa Nelly! Shocker...but you know what, it really doesn't look bad. Just lengthy.
It looks clean and smooth though. Not bumpy or full of dried blood and debris.

Keep coming back, Greg. You know we'll be here for you.
Hope you and wifey have a great holiday weekend!
@Fractured
 
AHHH My poor wife. 3 X's a day with the antibiotic stuff and nursing me back to health. We are just laying low for the next 6 weeks! Have a great Holiday Weekend everyone!!
 
You too @Fractured .
That's one heck of an incision but I agree with Layla...looks good (as one big old cut can look):unsure:
Healing mojo coming your way...
Keep on that ice!:ice:
 
Whoa that's a mighty impressive scar that you're sporting but then again, your "story" is MIGHTY all in itself. My husband and I have been reading your post and we are both still in shock over the original surgery in Chicago. My goodness, just unbelievable looking at it!

I had a left THR on 5/2/18, did the rehab, PT, exercises at home, etc. only to find out at 12 weeks that I had a fracture (greater trochanter) that was showing only slight signs of healing (looks like the fracture had been there since the original surgery but was missed, but that's a whole nother Oprah). Well heck, no wonder I had a horrible limp and was still in pain (I had chalked it all up as being part of the healing process). On 8/1 I went back in for a repair - all was good until a portion of my incision opened up (dehiscence) a week ago, so now on the heavy antibiotics and daily packing of the wound. Though I have grumbled my fair share through all of this, I really have NOTHING to moan about when I read your daily trials.

We truly hope that you are well on your way to a good, solid recovery and we send our biggest "way to go" to your wife for taking such great care of you. (What would we do without our caregiver spouses, hmm?) Anxiously reading your recovery thread from here in Colorado!
 
@Mojo333 Tx pal o mine!

@NanaKP I feel your pain. Its been quite the 13 months for me!! Hopefully I'm on the mends now. I hope yu are as well!!
 
I have to wait for the latest wound to heal up before we set the date (again) for right THR (it didn't happen on 8/5) - maybe someone can change my signature? I had a revision on 8/1/18 (left hip).

@Fractured - we (hubs and I) certainly hope you are on the mend. You are definitely my inspiration!!
 
So glad you aren't spending Labor Day in hospital.
I know you still have alot of healing to do, but home has got to be healing in itself.
Hope today is a good day!
 
I just found this forum yesterday and started reading your journey today! Holy ****! You have been through hell and back . . . but your attitude has been remarkable! I'm so impressedI sure hope this all goes well from now on! You and your wife deserve it!!
 
Here it is....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    IMG_0159.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 232
Needs its own zip code! :heehee:

You win the prize with the photos. This and your original post photo. It hurts to look at that first one.
Thankfully your incision looks clean.

You owe us some cool drone pics when you're more mobile. Some blue sky, sunshine beauty.
Hope you're doing well this week!
@Fractured
 
@Fractured whoa, long incision but it really looks great. Should heal very nicely. I know it's rough to be upbeat all the time during this process, that's ok. We're here for you. Still praying that everything goes well and you finally get this over with. Hugs!
 
Great progress. So happy for you. :happydance:
Fifty Five stitches OUT is going to feel so good.
It's going to take an hour, lol.
Hope you and wifey have a nice weekend!
@Fractured
 
False alarm Staples stay in another 2 weeks along with the wound vac!!!
 
Ugh! Frustrating I'll bet.
Well...you want to get this right. Hopefully soon its nothing more than an unpleasant memory.
Wondering if you're feeling great confidence in this new OS?
He seems on top of things which you must appreciate.
2019 HAS TO BE YOUR YEAR!
@Fractured
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom