Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Glad all that gunge has gone, i was the same and felt great thinking of it zapped away! Glad you are having great carexx
 
@ Everybody Thank you. Now if I could just combat this horrific itching. These heavy doses of antibiotics are really tough.
 
@Fractured ah, much as i dont want you to be itching, i am the same, ive looked up the iv drugs and sure enough these bone infection drugs cause us to itch like crazy, even antihistermines dont touch it.--sorry i have no ideas to help!xx
 
Hi @Fractured
As if Revision / Infection isn't enough then you have to itch on top of it. So sorry.

If you haven't already looked online....Look up -
How to prevent itching caused by your medicines. There is an article with some helpful
ideas.
 
:wave: @Fractured
Aww, we're happy you're here :)
Hope the itching is lessening and that you're able to enjoy the long weekend a bit.
Stay in touch....we'll be here.
 
Sing really loud like screamy loud..and wiggle your hands really hard...
Not sure if it helps but what I did when I was eaten up with chicken pox at age 10.

Pray it will ease soon...got something to knock you out for a bit?
I am praying all gets better soon!
 
Last edited:
@Fractured Not familiar with the itching but you should mention it to your nurse or doctor. They may be able to give you an antihistamine to help alleviate it. Hope it goes away and you have a peaceful weekend.
 
@ everybody! Happy Memorial Day! Other than my rotting gut from all the antibiotics and what not I am feeling better. Itching has finally subsided. 7 More Weeks to the new hip!
 
Happy Memorial Day to you too.
First of July then?
Keep the faith, you have lots of fans cheering you on.:ok:
 
Last edited:
Happy Memorial Day to you too, @Fractured
Happy to hear the itching has subsided.
Let's pray the 7 weeks fly by.
Hope you're having a good day and wishing you a great rest of the week.
 
Does your wife like to cook? If so tell her to try making you some Bone Broth. I drank it during recovery
for obvious reasons and it's also supposed to help in repairing the lining of the gut.
Also taking a good pro-biotic will assist in re-introducing beneficial bacteria killed off by the antibiotics.
Look up "healing your gut after antibiotics". You'll find a lot of great ideas.
To brighter days :SUNsmile: you know they're coming :yes:
@Fractured
 
@Fractured, Sorry I didn't mention it before when you were suffering, but hot water does it for me. I am very allergic to poison ivy and I get it every year because I usually garden (not so much right now though). I learned doing some research on itching pain that hot water or a heating pad or a towel soaked in hot water, I mean as hot as you can stand without scalding yourself works wonders for me; takes away the itch for about an hour or more and what a relief! And no meds. Just sayin'. :SUNsmile: Sunshine round that 7 week mark.
 
@zinnia Thank you I will try it @Layla The broth surely tastes better than the pro biotics drink Im drinking @mojo Thank you for all the supportive posts. Yesterday was bad. The headaches are horrible as well. But at least I'm losing wieght. And to top it off.. We found a home...
 
Yay on finding a new home. How exciting! :happydance:
Make sure you're drinking lots of water.....may help with the headache somewhat.
Congrats on the weight loss. Not a diet I'd want to be on but hey.....it's working!
You'll be a new man with your new bod and new hip in your new digs! :egypdance:
@Fractured
 
Hello everybody I'm treading water... I think? The nausea is horrible. I just stay in bed most of the day. 3 weeks down 3 weeks more of IV antibiotics!!
 
I know this is a really dumb question, but have you asked the doc for something to help you with that nausea? There are meds for that. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn. It's just that that sounds dreadful along with everything else. @Fractured.
 
I'm sorry you're feeling so awful.
It's enough going through all else but then to be in bed because you're constantly nauseous....it has to be overwhelming.

Wondering if you're taking a pro-biotic? If not, give it serious consideration.
Antibiotics kill off the good fighting bacteria we need right along with the bad. A pro-biotic will replace the good bacteria that has died off.

Try drinking some Ginger Tea. It can soothe your stomach. I've even grated fresh Ginger and steeped it in boiling water with fresh lemon. It's worth a try...

If you have an appetite.....eat small meals.
Drink lots of fluids between meals. Drink slowly.

Praying you turn a corner with this soon...

@Fractured
 
I hate that you are having such a miserable time of it...
Know that we are thinking of you and sending healing mojo your way.:console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom