Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Thank you everybody for the well wishes. Ill respond more from the home computer. Day by day. My hip sounds funny with tje spacee in.
 
Sorry you had to endure such a long hospital stay. At least now you are on your way to getting this resolved. Fingers crossed for you @Fractured !
 
Hope things are settling for you, spacers need names mine was George, now the time for rest, be kind to yourself, and do taake things easy, let the drugs do their work and dont fight it--you need peace and rest. Thinking of youxxx
 
Sorry it's been a long haul up to this point.
I hope you're adjusting. It's nice to hear from you, we were concerned.
Rest easy and update us when you're comfortable.
A peaceful day to you.
@Fractured
 
@Fractured Good to hear from you. It does get better. Frustrating, at least for me, but better. Best wishes for a smooth recovery!
 
Glad to hear from you @Fractured. We have been a bit concerned here. I know the waiting game will be tough and the antibiotic hanging at home is another part of this nasty situation you are in. Been there too. But at least you are moving in the right direction. Good to hear the resolve in your post. You have a tremendous spirit and toughness going for you. Continue to look ahead to the end of this tunnel. Not always easy I know but it is essential for your recovery to keep spirits up. And Bone Smart is always here. I have faith in you; you'll get there. Pulling for you!
 
Last edited:
Thanks for yours and the support from the rest. Just learned how to navigate to others stories, not fast at that. Couldn't have imagined how I was gripped by your "adventure". Best Rolf wishes.
 
Hoping this is finally what was needed to get things well.
I can Very well imagine you are tired of this recovery.
You have many in your Bonesmart family that are rooting for you...
Glad you are back home.:yes:
 
Last edited:
Hope today is good!
:ice: :yawn: :sleep: :ice: :yawn: :sleep: :ice: You know the drill....
We're here for you!
@Fractured
 
One week under your belt today!
I hope you're adjusting, pain well managed and you're able to get some quality sleep.
We'll be here, checking up on you, hoping you're comfortable, offering support.
I hope your day is good!
@Fractured
 
@ everbody.... First of all my wife needs an award. I couldn't buy better care!! Thank you Susan. Nice to be sitting at my computer desk even if it's in a wheel chair. 300 CC's of puss was removed from my fractured femur. 3 hour surgery. Lots n lots of antibiotics for the next 6 weeks. Only can get better from here. I am pain free. Thanks for all the well wishes and take care..... Greg
 
My hereo
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
    31189971_599431697078633_8651163422433476608_n.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 257
Well how sweet of you! Nice to meet your better half.
You and Susan make a lovely couple, Greg.

I don't know how much 300 CC's of pus is but it sounds substantial. As does a three hour surgery.
I'm happy to know you have that nightmare behind you. It's wonderful you are pain free. I hope it stays that way. Keep us posted so we can follow the journey. We'll keep you in line when wifey gets bored with your shenanigans.
A great evening to you both!
@Fractured
 
Good for you...300ccs...HAS to feel better.
So happy you have your better half to see about you, I feel the same about DH. My hero!

Onward and upward @Fractured :egypdance:
 
Nurse Susan administered her first Picc line Antibiotic to me. She did a great job!!
 
@Fractured - my goodness 300 cc(!) - that is a lot. No wonder it hurt so much. How did you hold out all those years?
And Susan is a very nice person.
No more infections! Now only recovery and enjoyment with Susan - and I hope you will soon be able to fly your drones again. This is what I wish for you - Constanze
 
Ooh, you are so going to have to be nice to Susan. She wants her well husband back so now if she :no-fin: you, you HAVE to listen.

Hope your day is restful:ice:
 
Hurrah for Susan! And you also @Fractured; that sounds like an awful lot of pus that I am glad is gone from your body. Yikes! Scary stuff. Wonderful you are pain free. Congratulations. You are on your way. :happydance:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom