Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Just catching up with your thread. You are a real trooper! Hang in there!

Don't you have fruit flavoured probiotics there?
 
Probiyucktics :rotfl: You silly guy!
What about some yogurt too? Such a variety these days.
I echo Jaycey's sentiment....you are a trooper.
Hang in there, it's going to get better. One day soon you'll have
this detour behind you. Wishing you comfort for the week!
@Fractured
 
@Fractured Glad the anti nausea med is working now. I found that drinking lots of water and Gatorade helped me out with the initial nausea and bad taste buds from the antibiotics. We're almost there. I've got 2 weeks left. There's light at the end of this tunnel. Hang in there!
 
@Mireille I had to stop taking the oral 500mg augmentin/clavalade? It made me so sick, Blood count WBC is 12.0 Im right there.... So I'm only getting the daptomycin thru the pic and whatever is in the hip spacer.
 
Good boy!
Wifey's a keeper and a great caregiver. You're lucky.
No misbehaving :no-fin:
Hope your week is pleasant!
@Fractured
 
My wife deserves a medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Week is better now that Im only on the IV Antibiotics.... The oral ones made me sick as hell!!!
 
I know you were pretty sick.....so sad! I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Sorry ANYONE has to go through what you're experiencing.
I still go back to your first photo sometimes and it's never any less shocking :yikes:
It's been a long journey, Greg and we'll all be here cheering at your happy ending! :yay: :happydance:
@Fractured
 
@Fractured, peach is my favorite flavor too! You are indeed a trouper. Every time I start feeling sorry for myself, I remember you and @Mireille and marvel at the spirit and love of life that has seen you both through this mess. Thanks for the inspiration. Hang on, you two, the light hangs bright at the end of each tunnel. :loveshwr:
 
@Fractured I'm glad you're feeling better. These antibiotics are not fun at all. I'm on Ancef through the picc line,3x a day, and oral Rifampin, 2 tabs a day. At the risk of TMI, the Rifampin makes my urine red :heehee:They said my tears and sweat could be red also. Have not experienced those, thank God. Have a great evening!
 
@Mireille They had me on the same thing in the hospital... 3 bags a day. Made my urine red. Scared the hell out of me at first. Now I'm on Daptomycin? 1 Injection everyday thru the picc line around 5pm. We are almost there!!
 
Your post made me so happy.
Yay for you, @Fractured .:wave:
Hope your evening is easy breezy.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom