Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

I am so very sorry to read this news. My heart goes out to you.
It's been a long haul but with prayer, support and determination, you will get through this.
You know we'll be here to encourage and cheer you on to the finish line.
I hope you're able to enjoy spending time with loved ones in California. May be just what you need right now. Safe travels, stay in touch, we're here and we care.
@Fractured
 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! Just got back from California. I got a call on Friday telling me surgery is Monday (tomorrow). Ill check in after I get my spacer put in!!
 
Looking forward to hearing from you with your new spacer, hope all goes well.
 
:wow: Shocked!
However, there's no time like the present. Let's get the show on the road.
All the quicker you'll get back to normal.
Prayers all runs smoothly today. :prayer:
Please update us when you're comfortable enough to do so.
@Fractured
 
@Fractured So sorry you have to deal with all of that. I'm currently in the same situation. My spacer was put in on 5/3 and I have a picc line until 6/15. My original THR was on 2/6. It's definitely a trying time but so far doable.

Best of luck to you during surgery and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Prayers to you and yours!
 
@Fractured just read your update. I am so sorry the news is not good! But at least you are having surgery very soon and can move forward. All the best on Monday. Please do update when you can.
 
Thinking of you today... and hoping all goes well and that you will finally get on the road to getting this finished.
:beg:
 
Thinking of you today Greg, @Fractured. I hope that this time everything will go all right. I've read your thread and learned that you had to go through so much. May everything get better and better this time. Patience is important, but I don't know whether I like that word myself - sounds too much like being a patient, i.e. being sick :) - I feel for you from that point of view. I think "perseverance" is a better word - a really good word. If you persevere - slow and easy - you'll get there just like a marathon runner. You will recover and even go beyond that. I've been doing marathoning for a while, even after my hip replacement. I ran much better with an ok hip and while using my muscles the proper way (yes, many things are possible).

The danger to overdo is real. It's possible even 3 years after the hip operation (see the last couple of entries of my recovery thread - I was such a fool).

One more thing: I think the photos taken from your drone are beautiful. What make is your drone? My husband has a drone, too, but has had little time to fly it recently. Of course, in the US, you have much more space to fly them. We live about 15 miles away from a major European international airport - Frankfurt Airport. Most drones here have a built in mechanism that stops them from flying higher if they are approaching the altitude of possible aeroplanes.

Take care, and may your recovery be quick - Constanze
 
:wave:Greg
Be nice to those nurses :wink:
They have access to lots of things you need. Ice, meds, food, water...

Hope you're doing ok and your pain is well managed.
Get lots of rest and update us when you're comfortable. We'll be here.
 
Sending good mojo your way:friends:
 
Wow @Fractured. I just looked at your first x-ray and if it were me, I would be looking for a different OS and a good lawyer. Letting you leave the hospital in this condition (if that's what happened) seems almost criminal. If it happened after being released, then that is different. My OS had my hips x-rayed before I left the hospital. Did they xray you before you left the hospital? Surely they did. If so, what do those x-rays look like?

Hope I'm not violating any board rules with this post. Good luck fractured!
 
Thinking of you this morning.
Hope you're behaving and all is going well.
Give us a :thumb: one of these days so we know you're still breathing :heehee:
Hoping your pain is well controlled and you're resting comfortably.
@Fractured
 
Sure hope you're doing okay...
Pain well controlled, getting lots of rest with a never ending supply of ice packs.
Give us a shout out when you're able. We'll be here.
@Fractured
 
@Fractured I hope they have given you a jolly good spring clean and got a shiny spacer in situ, its then a waiting game whilst they zap the little beasties, hopefully without all the infection things will be a little more comfortable in a different way. Infection pain is the pitts, thinking of youX
 
Have responded on your site before @Fractured, and just reviewed it again to find every one here at Bone Smart waiting to hear from you following this latest surgery. Having had 4 surgeries, revisions, etc. ,myself in 2 years I am somewhat familiar with your difficulties. But I can't imagine how daunting your experience has been up to now; am hoping hard that you have good news following this surgery and into the future and that this trial will be over with a successful and complete recovery. Thinking hard for you.
 
Thinking of you today Drone Man!
Hope you are being well taken care of!
 
Wondering about you...
Hope you're doing okay and not in a lot of pain.
Wishing you a peaceful day.
@Fractured
 
Its been a long week. Hopefully going home on Saturday. Pain isnt to bad now. Just the waiting game and bag upon bag of antibiotics
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom