Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Waiting is the worst! :bored:
Sorry you have to go through this.
Prayers for some good news as you move forward.
Hope your day is peaceful!
@Fractured
 
I feel like a pin cushion this morning. From all I'm reading... I am hoping the cloudy fluid is from inflammation. I have had the same pain in the same 2 places for months. But all the testing is needed to rule out infection etc. before doing the psoas release? Hoping for the best. Thanks for all the prayers!

I was told 10 days to get results. YIKES!
 
Hi @Fractured
If it was me....at one week post aspiration, if they haven't called with results, I'd call them.
You know those test results will be sitting on a desk somewhere. What do you have to lose?
Prayers continue that all is good and you can move forward with the psoas release, if that's the final conclusion.
Hope you have a pleasant weekend!
 
I'm already calling today... I am feeling a little better. I wonder if I was pushing the leg and hip to hard in PT????
 
OK, as always you girls are right!! Squeaky wheel got the grease. Results are in... Survey said?? I had to leave a message for the ortho.... I will let yaz know as soon as I hear. The Radiology nurse said results are in and were sent to the Ortho's office. Hopefully quick results mean NO INFECTION!!
 
Glad you called!
Prayers there is no infection. You know the feelings on PT in these parts :heehee:
Let us know what you hear....
@Fractured
 
Just went back and looked at that first photo you posted. It doesn't appear any less shocking to me....still!
Wondering if you heard back from the OS before the weekend?
This has been a long journey, hopefully you're getting close to the homestretch.
Wishing you a great Saturday!
@Fractured
 
@Mojo333 Me behave?? I'm the son my wife never had... LOL

@Layla False alarm.... The only thing the Ortho got was the films from the aspiration. Probably another week for the culture results. Lots of snapping and popping going on in the left leg. I'm still saying no infection, however I sure have the symptoms of snapping hip. Again I do notice a difference everyday however so slight... The leg seems to be getting a bit better everyday??? Less the snapping and popping and the pain that goes with it??? Gunna go in the pool and chill! As soon as I hear I will let you guys know!!
 
Sorry you're still waiting on results.
Great news though that you're feeling your leg might slowly be getting better! I hope that continues.
That x-ray is a doozy as you said and it never ceases to amaze. It hasn't lost its shock value with me.
Hope you got some R&R in today. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
@Fractured
 
Hope the Pool was therapeutic and I want you to know that your optimism is infectious (probably wrong adjective:heehee:) to all who follow your thread.
Please know we take your good natured spirit with respect for your long journey.:tada:good mojo coming at you
 
Update.... We went to Costco yesterday. Of course we had to have a slice of pizza. I sat sideways on the benches there. When I got up I keeled on my THR side to swing my other leg over. And then Pop and snap went my thigh muscles. A typical characteristic of Snapping Hip Syndrome. The hip itself if fine.... But the thigh muscle and tendons are mad as heck???
 
@Fractured
Ugh! Does that hurt? It sounds awful.

You're expecting news this week, right?
Prayers :prayer:
 
You're a mess :blackcloud:You need to shape up, lol.
Let's pray you get good news in regard to the aspiration and it gets things rolling in the other direction.
Something's gotta give here. You're overdue...
To things looking up :prayer:
@Fractured
 
Unfortunately I don't have good news. The allowed count for an infection is 11000. Mine is 290000. Yes 290K. I have an infection in 2 areas. I'm Going to California for 3 days to visit family. I'm waiting for the call to get the ball rolling (surgery). I get a cement antibiotic spacer and a picc like for 8 weeks. Then after the 10th week I get my blood checked. If the levels are all OK I get the 3rd new hip? Can't beat fun!
 
@Fractured
Oh my stars...all this wait AND pain just to have this done again..
When did they check for infection as I recall you have been thinking all is not been getting better for so long now?
Is this same surgeon doing the revision?
I just know how horrible this must feel and I feel horrible for you!
Just seems like it would take quite a long time to get those numbers so high...
Wish i had some more comforting or inspirational words to convey...but in truly disappointed for you.
You have a beautiful family and an awesome talent, so you just have to keep on keeping on.
Do you trust the doctors you work with to get this done?
 
The surgeon here in AZ has checked numerous times via blood work. Nothing was ever over the limit until this time. This absolutely going to drive me bonkers being immobile. If all goes good I should have my new hip by August. Remember the first hip replacement was 07 Aug, revision 23 Aug. So in 1 year to date I will have had 3 hip replacements? Yes I do trust this surgeon. Everyone Ive talked to asked.. Are you seeing Dr Warner. It's going to be a very long summer.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom