TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today was very long, I thought it would never end. I only got a few things done. There is a meeting tonight that I am going to. The meeting was good. I took all my Holloween candy to the meeting so I got to celebrate it. I will not be here for it so its good to get it out of the apartment. Now to enjoy the rain that is coming. Everyone do take care and be careful with the weather coming. Stay dry and I hope that all of you that are in pain that you find a way to sleep. Take care. Tashia
 
The weekend is here and the its cold. We got some rain but my joints did not hurt. Isn't that great. It so good to be total pain free. To get up in the morning and not a pain in sight. Sleep through the whole night and sooo sound. As I looked back I really started the journey in 2006 when I found out I had Cancer. I remember as I was laying in bed, I would be so sore I could hardly move my knees and hips. Now 2014, Totally CANCER FREE and 4 new joints I can only imagine the life I now am going to have. I have one more thing to do and then thats it Life is a journey with lots of hills and everytime I go on one and start the climb I can't wonder what is going to happen. You always have some surprises I must say. Well I am at the top and looking down and all I can see is lists of things I now can do. But first I must climb down. I pray that everyone who comes here to have the best. I pray that everyone has a good Surgan and a good hospital that has good food. Because all this is so important. Remember patience is the key and going slow is the speed of the time. Take care and REST and before you know you will have your new joints and start a jouney of free pain. Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] This time I am doing it right and having a blast


Thought you would like this with all the beautiful quilts you have made.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi Everyone, I am back and very tired. I will write more later. I hope that everyone is ok and doing the best they can. Remember You are very important and Number 1.
 
Hi, Tashia!!! So nice to see you on the forum again. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Hope you get a bit of turkey and dressing for the holiday.
 
@Jamie, I was able to have Thanksgiving here at home. It felt so good to be able to move around in the town where I live and be able to drive when I want. I forgot how much driving means to me. I wrote most of the story in the hip replacement. I will here later today. I can't sit very long so I now must get up and move. It is very cold today with the rain. I will write the story tonight after some nap. Remember to take care of yourselves in the cold and the Holiday Season. In the meantime everyone put your self first. God Bless, Tashia
 
Tonight after all the rain, I am so glad that I didn't have any trouble with the driving. I am tired though I didn't get a nap today. I hope to get some sleep tonight. After getting of all the pain meds I sometime find sleeping a thing of the past. I do know it will get better. Take care and do remember that you are so important and need to treat yourself with all the care that you would give someone else. Take care and God Bless, Tashia
 
I was so glad to get a long night sleep. Now to get the swelling down on the knees. It is so much better. Take care and remember you are very important. Tashia
 
The swelling of the knees is finally happeing so all is good. Still very tender but getting better. I refuse to use any drugs so trying to control with walking, hot baths, and lots of driving. :snork: . Sleeping is getting better so after the rain and when the warm weather does come it will be so :welome:.:flwrysmile: God Bless! Tashia
 
Today the knees got a A. They did great! I did driving over 50 miles today and lots of errands. Still need to get food then I will be all ready for the storm that is coming with lots of wind. This week will be interesting and to stay home. As long as the storm doesn't knock anything out I will be fine. I will have food that I will be able to eat without cooking so all is well. Take care and please be careful with all the storm that are here or coming. God Bless! Tashia
 
Well its still raining but the knees and hips are just a little tender. In all doing great! So glad that the New Year is coming and I am not having to wait for any repairs or surgrey. What a wonderful feeling knowing all is well! Everyone do take a easy during all the storm that are out there. So far no flooding in my area but lots and lots of rain. Will be so glad when it stops so I can do lots more driving and get to know the area better. Please stay safe. For those who are waiting for new hips and knees. Take care and try not to do too much. God Bless, Tashia
 
:wave:, Just to say HI and doing GREAT! Now driving a lot. Drove for over 3 hours Today and had a BLAST! I am a little tender but so much better! Tashia
 
:driver:
So great your hips and knees can go along for a 3 hour drive.
Kinda sounds like the three hour cruise on Gilligans Island, don't get lost.
 
My knees are getting better but still are a slight pain at night. My driving is getting better and longer. I had to fill my car gas tank last week and got 42 miles to a gallon so my distance is getting better. I hope everyone is taking care of themselves. You are very important! Tashia
 
Tonight I relize I had a excellent day. I got a night sleep and woke up early so I went out for lunch after a drive up in the mountains. Then a drive to a church that I go to which is a long way from where I live. In all put in lots of miles and it felt so good. My knees did so good and so did the hips. It hard to talk about the knees without talking about the hips also. Since I had four replacements I have been very busy with recover and now having fun driving and be able to walk when I want to and not have to worry about not making it or pain. Life is GREAT! I hope that those that aare waiting for new knees and hips have lots of patience because it takes a lot to work it out but so worth it! :wowspring: Take care and good luck! :yes!: Tashia :egypdance::dogwalk::horseriding::driver:
 
Excellent you are what it is about had the procedures done the.recoveries and now literally driving off with great outcomes nice one.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks Legin for visiting me. Yes I am loving all the driving and freedom now that I have. For the most part of just enjoying not to have a more operations. In fact I am about to celebrate my one year of my new left hip. It is so GREAT! How are you doing. Take care. Tashia
 
Whooot whoooot sounds like a good excuse for a party. Dancing is a.tad.diff tho can spin.around good thoooo wheee ooops.
Seriously tho well done you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I love dancing and would have fun doing it again and look forward to do it. :yes!: I need to look into it. :wowspring: Thanks for reminding me of it. :egypdance: It has been a very long journey. :good-bad: Went to sewing tonight like old times. :wow: It was GREAT! All four replacements did GREAT! :yahoo: So glad I did it and its all behind me. :yes!: Everyone do take care and be careful and don't fall. :flwrysmile: God Bless. :loveshwr: Tashia:dogwalk:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom