TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Hi @tashia, I know exactly what you mean. It is a long flight especially if you have knee and hip issues. I went to see my cousin 2 years ago before knee surgery to go to her daughter's graduation and I felt the strain of the flight going to LA. And with the time change it seems to be a bit tougher, not certain why. Even on my recent trips I would have to get up and stand for a while so my knee would not stiffen up. Fortunately on my last flight we were automatically bumped up to first class as the flight was over booked. We had so much more leg room. But if you have to pay for that it can be costly. The extra leg room does make a world of difference though. Hope you continue to so well. Take care and hope brother in law stays well. Have a good week. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc did you know that the airlines can give you a wider chair if you share that you have had a sergery. I told them and they gave me a wider seat in the plane. I sat in the first row. It also has more leg room. Because it is the first row you get to on the plane first. It is also for the handicap. I was able to move around much easier. I also hope that you keep getting better also. I don't plan to run but I sure want to be able to walk for hours. Take care and I did fine my brother in law did get better so Thank you. :wave::flwrysmile: Tashia
 
@tashia, No I had no idea. Do you need to tell them when you book your ticket? Or you can tell them when you reserve your seat? I usually book online. But that is good to know. :thumb:
 
@chestnc , I tell them when I book the ticket. I do it over the phone. If I do it over the internet I call to make sure it all taken care of when I get my seat number. I hope this helps. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia ! Thanks for your good wishes! The knee is on the other leg....RTHR now LTKR. Damage was done because of the hip ...over many years it took a lot of stress...in fact it has collapsed so badly...and very suddenly ...I am now barely hobbling on crutches as it just collapses at any point!
So I am climbing up the walls with frustration as I mark the time till Oct 9. Never mind! Lots of patients wait for months on a waiting list with our public health Medicare system, so I'm lucky to have full private health cover and the delay is all because my OS is overseas on some lecture tour hence the wait. But at least I know he is one of the best and that's important. My hip is fantastic!
Luck you to have a trip to New York! I absolutely LOVE that city!
 
Hi, Everyone, Been down for a couple of days with a slight brake in the left hip. I feel while I was trying to clean something on the floor. Been really feeling down since then. Healing but very slowely. Take care. Tashia
 
Today is a nerves one. I don't feel the best with the stomach. I am so bored, I know that is part of it with me taking a easy after my fall. I am now waiting for a call from my doctor. I need one that listen. I have a caregiver tomorrow maybe that will help. I nee help in putting up decorations for Holloween. I love to do these things but I don't do hight stuff any more. Take care and if you have some extra prays, send them my way. I seem to lost my way . Take care of yourselve because you are important. Tashia
 
Tashia,
I hear you about putting things up high.
I put some old skis up in the garage when we moved in the house, and thought today, I could never put those up today.
Hope the caregiver gets a lot done for you tomorrow. :elevate: rest up.
 
I just thought I would drop in and say HI. I am doing good but healing from a fall that I had a week ago. I did hurt my hip so I have been in there to report how I am doing. My knees are doing so good. I did get the PT and found that the legs are weak and need to exercise more. I joined a club and I plan to start walking in the water so that I won't do anything wrong till I find the right coach. Well i need to get going the Kids need to go and have a walk. Take care. Tashia
 
@Maeve , How are you doing waiting for October? I hope that you are not in real bad pain. Take care and remember your day is coming and then you will be able to start recover. Tashia
 
Today was a windy day and so I was restless. I feel asleep last night and forgot to take my nightly dose and didn't have any pain for being late. Wow. Will be off everything soon hoping that includes my stomach medication. I have moments where I don't think of the knees at all. The only time I do think of them is when I have been sitting for a while, a couple of hours. They are tender but a couple of steps and I moving great. No trouble with driving. I wish the cool weather would get here. I am so tired of the heat. It was so great to be cold in New York. I love sleeping in a cold room at night. I also like to wear cloths that you wear in the Fall and Winter. I love cold walks. Hope everyone is ok and doing what they like to do. Also the ones that are waiting are not in bad pain. Take care. Tashia
 
Today I got a surprise and not the one you want. My head was buzzing like crazy, stomach hurting like mmm. I entered up going to the ER. I was in great pain. The doctor gave some morphine and something for my nerves. I guess I was hurting and I didn't pick it up till it got to my stomach. So my denile of me being in pain is back. My hip that I had hair line fracture was really hurting I guess and it finally got me. Well a couple of days of rest and goings slow is my on the schedule for some time. I hope this finds everyone ok and doing the best they can, Tashia
 
Tashia please take it easy and take your medication for pain.
Sorry you had to go to the ER for treatment, it is always stressful.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
I had a wonderful drive and got some gas for the car. I don't know when the last time I got it. It was in september. I also had a donut. It was a nice break. Took only a short nap. Feeling a little better. Trying to keep something in my stomach at all times to keep it calm. Everyone I hope that you are having a good day and low in pain. I know its ruff waiting for the repleacements but so worth it. Tashia
 
We are getting some rain this week and driving more. Took myself out for lunch to celebrate almost being the end of my journey. All the joints are doing so good. In fact I have to remind myself not to pick up heavy things because I keep forgeting about my hip still not being a year old yet. Wow it just dawned on me I keep forgetting to celebrate birthdays because I am so busy not hurting. Now if only I could get my stomach to be that behaved. The storms don't seem to brother me too much but we haven't had a real good one yet. Everyone do take care and stay safe with all the storms that are coming. God Bless. Tashia
 
Glad to hear your recovery is coming along so well, it takes a year to heal. By the end of February you will have your active life back!
 
Pumpkin, I do have to admit I wish it would go faster. I have spent so much time healing I just would like to play. My body is holding up but mentally had it. Well I need to go for my Thrusday outing. Take care. Tashia
 
Patience is one of the hardest parts of this recovery, we want it all and we want it NOW!:tantrum:
 
Back
Top Bottom