TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

tashia

alpha
Country
United States United States
I said this time I would do it right. Elevate, Ice, Pain control etc. Well I have and its coming along so much better than before. Not everything is perfert but so much better.:puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

Glad to see that you did manage to start a thread on the recovery side.
2uge4p4.gif
Also very happy to know you're following the BoneSmart mantra--pain meds, resting, elevating and icing; and that as a result, you are doing much better this time.
c0409.gif
You definitely deserve a high five!

Here's your own cheering squad to to keep you going full blast!
desismileys_0085.gif

Hi Tashia, sorry I hadn't realised you were having 2nd TKR last month. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Hi everyone, Finally got this fiqure out to get to this side. This time it's been so much better. I do think knowing whats coming does help. You know this is no walk in the park. It is going to be a challenge. The pain control is here. The last time it was all over the place. Same with the hip. In the hospital I made sure my pain was taken care of. I did need more pain than before which does concern me greatly. But the pain hasn't been controled with the other two so this time it got taken care of. The swelling has to be addressed a couple of times but was able to get it down. The only problem I have had is anixiety. Well I see my knee is telling me to put it up so since its the boss. I will talk later. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

Hi everyone, Finally got this fiqure out to get to this side. This time it's been so much better. I do think knowing whats coming does help. You know this is no walk in the park. It is going to be a challenge. The pain control is here. The last time it was all over the place. Same with the hip. In the hospital I made sure my pain was taken care of. I did need more pain than before which does concern me greatly. But the pain hasn't been controled with the other two so this time it got taken care of. The swelling has to be addressed a couple of times but was able to get it down. The only problem I have had is anixiety. Well I see my knee is telling me to put it up so since its the boss. I will talk later. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

I am so glad you figured out early who was Boss... I'm just a little hardheaded :wink: and thought since I was feeling so wonderful so early in the recovery process my mind could take over! :gaah: Funny how the knee takes the control back so quickly! It certainly humbled me! :thud:

excellant day. My knee is getting better and is healing W0W. Still need to work on bending and extension but since you don't push it, you let it decided what its going to do. Got a new caregiver today. I found that being by my self all the time is not healty for me so I took care of it. We went out to lunch and not very long and the knee awarded me by not hurting. It was good to sit up and not hurt. Even got to cleaned out some clothes and the knee was cool. It doesn't pay to get your knee angry because its got all the emmo. I hope you understand what that work is supose to mean. The knee calls all the shots and if I don't go along. It can swell, hurt, etc. So those who are reading this please remember to listen to your knees or hip. They know whats best. Well everyone do take care and do stay safe. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

AddEmoticons0096.gif
So glad you've got yourself a caregiver, Tashia. Being alone when you're going through TKR recovery is very difficult. It's good for you to have someone to talk to and do things with. You are just sounding so chipper and bright. You keep smiling.
AddEmoticons00951.gif

How do you do those posts? They are so cool and make me so good, Makes me laugh and gives me a lift. Thanks so much for caring. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

tashia,
Sounds like you had some fun today going out to lunch. Good to have a caregiver for company and to do the things that are too hard right now.
Take care,

Hi Tasia, sounds like you've got this knee figured out. Yes, I think you meant the knee has Ammo afreesmileyface.net_smiley_battle_gunfight23.gif so you better treat it right. Really glad you figured out being alone too much was not a good thing for you. I am sure having some company will really help. I know, though I do have a partner, that having just moved and then having surgery was a really lonely endeavor for me. People, people who need people, are the luckiest people in the world, oh oh, I just totally aged myself, better go now :rotfl: , cathy

Yes knees are really boss you around but thats the way it goes. You listen to them and it is so much easier. Today is a good day with my daughter and her husband. I got my car, it is registered and all is well. Then I got to rest and went out to dinner. That was it as the knee said. You aren't going anywhere but putting me up. so I did. It felt good to see them and get my car. Now I must learn how to use it. It is a hybird and it has so many things it can do. WOW Now I have to get rid of my van. That won't be hard. Also hope to get my sewing machine from the sewing center so I can start sewing. Do miss it. Must get back to it. Well this is all for now. My tummy even feel better. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:

FINALLY Tash, you got your car! HOORAY!
I can see you soon zooming aroundl in your new hybrid. No more breakdowns, mobility on the way, yipeeee. Glad you had a good day and then listened to your knee, way to go girl!

afreesmileyface.net_smiley_transports_ferrari_046.gif

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member