TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Another very lazy day. Sleep most of the day. Just tired, not depressed just tired. Feel much better. All swellilng that I had which wasn't much is all gone. Every once while I need a couple of down days. Feeling great. No pain to speak of. All this was so worth it. Living in no seriouse pain is so great. Looking forward to a trip but with 9/11 coming up, I will be so glad when that date is gone. Now that its September I realize I can get the Holloween decorating out. I love this season. I can hardly wait to start. Everyone do take care with the weather can be ruff. Take care. Tashia
 
Sounds good, @tashia ! :happydance::yay:

I'd forgotten 9/11 was coming so soon - it sure was a bad day!
That date format always confuses me, because I grew up in the UK and I tend to read it as the 9th of November.

We've just had the 4th anniversary of the 7.2 earthquake in Christchurch (NZ) and then there was the 6-point something quake in February, shallow and almost under the CBD, which caused so much death and damage. Christchurch is still recovering.

It was recently announced that there's to be a police inquiry into the design of one of the buildings that pancaked and killed many.
 
Celle, I now have started to do the international way 11th of September. I am surprised I wrote 9/11. The weather is a little cool so that sure feels good. I hope the weather is getting better there. Spring is coming, right? Take care and do have a good week. Tashia
 
Yes, @tashia

Spring is coming. It's been warmer at night for the last week or so. The magnolias are in full bloom and just this week the blossom trees have come into flower. My daffodils have just finished flowering and i see little flower buds on our wisteria.

I love spring!
 
Celle, I love the smell of wisteria and its so beautiful. We are getting ready for Fall and the trees are already are changing which is early so I hope this means lots of rain. Take care. Tashia
 
Another good day. Not much pain but did have some tiredness. I really got tired yesterday and had to take a very long nap after the meeting I attended. Now that I feel better I need to get ready for the week. It is going to be a very busy week and tiring. I hope that this week is cold. I like the bite of cold in the morning. All the Kids are doing great and are getting ready for more fun. They are getting excited for the trip they are about to take. Everyone do take care. The path of full recovery is getting closer. Its so great not to hurt and even more exciting to be able to drive over a couple of hours and still feel alert. Take care and have a good week. Tashia
 
Have fun, Tashia!!!
 
@Jamie , Tonight I am a little nerves but once I get in action everything will be ok. Take care, Tashia
 
@Pumpkln , thanks. It will be so good to have difference suroundings. I took a easy today so my feet got some rest. They have been acting up a little the past two days. The middle of the foot feels tight, I will put some cream on it tonight and see if the area can realax. I was going to get a message but I was concened that to much pressure might put in that area and hurt it so I stayed of them today. The kids are so excited and are ready to go. Today was sure beautiful. Take care. Tashia
 
The Kids and I are back from vacation. We are very tired and are going to take a easy. The trip started out great and the flight to the East was great but long. I find that each time I go back to the East I find that I have a harder time adjusting to the time. Also all the homes back there have stairs which I found ruff and so did the kids. Good thing that I took my cane, I really used it. I also took back a quilt for my Bother in law who was a policemen and is now retired. We did lot of driving around to try to find the color on the leaves but there was none. Its too early. Next year I will try in October. It was so great to get away and not be in horrible pain. I did have a little swelling at the beginning but the joints got use of the stairs and didn't hurt or swell. I also got use to not using my cane. I find that in the old homes the stairs are much deeper and therefore harder to climb.
In all the trip was a great sucess and now the Kids want to travel more but not on long flight for a while. On the way home Summer had a ruff time and cried most of the way home. He is better now that he is resting and elevated and taking a lots of rests. He is a little warm but after a day of rest he will be ok. I need to things back in order. Do the laundry and all that stuff. Now ready to settle down and my life back. Everyone do take care and remember we have a real bad fire out in the West. so please be careful and not breath the smoke if possible. Remember going slow is the asnwer. Tashia
 
Glad you had a great trip, and glad you are back home.
Rest, and you will be good as new in a few days.
 
It is so good to be home and doing no stairs. Its so great to live in a one story place. Now that I am home I am ready to start getting things together like joining a chorus. I think it will be fun. Last night I got into my sewing room and worked till bedtime. I need to go out and have lunch and do a little ride to see the colors. With the fire around here I don't want to be out too long. Everyone please be careful with the fires. Stay safe. Tashia
 
Went out today and drove for over three hours and still not tired. Sore but not tired driving. I hurt when I walk becasue my feet are acting up but not bad. This is so great to have days like this. To do more than one errand and then put your feet up and they stop hurting all the way. WOW This is Great. I hope this is the being of a new relationship with the world. Everyone stay safe from the smoke and fire. Take care, Tashia
 
Hi @tashia, have not seen you on threads for a little while. Guess we have been missing each other. Just stopped by to wish you well and hope things are okay and you are feeling in tip top shape. How are the feet? Do you need a podiatrist opinion or it is what it is? Will have to catch up on your thread. Have a great day as I know there it is bedtime and for me I should be sound asleep. Take good care of yourself.
 
@chestnc , I went on vacation and now that I am returning to normal. What every that is. I am busy with my sewing and driving. I got to do errand that took almost all afternoon. It felt so Great. My feet are getting a little better. I asked for a foot doctor over a year ago and hasn't happened. I am thinking of changeing doctors. I also realize that open season is medical insurance and some time during this time it is hard to get them to do anything. So I do have to think about this now that all the surgrey is over, I can now move on to a new doctor or work this out. We will see. Glad that you are doing good also. I am ready for another trip, I love to travel but now I have to take care of this. Take care. Tashia
 
@tashia, so glad that you are on the mend. Where did you travel to and where are you thinking of going? You sound like me, once you are able to get going you just want to go. Good for you. Glad to hear that you are back to sewing. Keep it up. Good relaxing therapy. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @tashia !
I remember you fondly from the Hip Replacement Forum last year! I had a THR in April last year and now I'm back for a TKR on Oct 9. I'll check out your thread now and catch up with your progress!:flwrysmile:
 
@Maeve , Welcome to this side of the site. Thank you for coming and saying Hi. Is the TKR on the same leg? You will find that the knee is difference as with all surgreys are difference. I take it that your hip is doing great. I am sorry that you need more surgrey but you will feel so much better when its over. Take care and keep me posted. Tashia
 
@chestnc , You are so right about wanting to keep going places. I went to New York for a quick trip to see my brother in law. He has been having some medical problems so I want to go back and say Hi. Its not serious but as we get older you never know. It was so good to get back there. I want to return as soon as possible. We will see. Its such a long flight. Being in recover and getting our life back is so great. Take care and keep traveling. Tashia
 
Back
Top Bottom