TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today went out for a ride and it was so good to get out. Right now my stomach is not the best but that's the way it goes. My knees are getting better but are still very stiff throughout the day. I thought by now it would be less but it does vary from day to day and knee to knee. The first one done is starting to do much better. It had a hard start because it had to be the strong joint from the very beginning. Now that my hip is done I need to increase walking but not to stress the knees. I feel all the time I am doing nothing but a balancing act. However, this is so much better than before and looking for some kind of way to get rid of the bone on bone pain. Well my hip just sent me some pain so I need to get up and walk. Take care and know that as every moment passes that is one moment closer to being near recover. Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You're right to try to slowly work your body, Tashia. You have been through so much these past few years and it will take a while to get back your strength and flexibility. Have you thought about requesting some therapy to improve your strength and balance? At some point you might want to do that. Medicare should cover it, depending on how many sessions you had with your hip. There is a calendar year limit. It's a bit soon now, but maybe in a few months that might be something to help you.
 
Jamie, I know you are right but I feel like this is taking forever. I can do so many things that I can do. Like toughing the floor. There are days I am so tired that I feel I am falling backwards. I know I'm not but everything is so slow. I see the doctor tomorrow and I will ask him if I can start swimming, mostly just exercise. I am having a down day and thank goodness tomorrow will be another day. I am driving some so that does help. Every summer I get down when the fires in the West start. Its summer and the fire have started. Now to avoid the news so I don't get depressed. Take care.
 
Today is a good day. The knees are pretty happy now. They get stiff while siting but doesn't take long to get the bending. I still find the left a little bit sore and stiffer than the other. when I had the hip done I thought that the fact it had been over a year having the knee put in I wouldn't have any trouble. Wrong. It still is swelling but just below the knee. I mean big time. It goes down but it really a good amont of swelling. Gets sore than getting off it helps. Does anyone have swelling there? Its really getting old. Everyone do take care and remember as each seconds goes it puts you one second to recover. Tashia
 
Pumpkin, Yes, But the tiring of the knees are really bothing me, IF they aren't better in a week I will have them looked at. I really think that all my body is trying to balance and its really having a time doing it. I still need my nap in the after noon. I did find that two pairs of my shoes are not giving me the surport that I need so I will wash them and give them away. Tonight I watch Captain America. I hadn't seen it before. Now I will watch some war movies for the rest of the weekend. Tomorrow I want to do something but I don't know what. The traffic was Horrible today. People everywhere. Tuesday I have a Dentist appointment to see whats up with the teeth. Never a dull moment. Take care and rest and ice. Dream about eating cherries. mmmmmTake care.
 
My knees are better. Sleep most of the day. was able to do some work in the sewing room. slowly its getting done. Using ice does help but I find that moving then very gently works better . I guess I need to move around my neck is giving me some pain and saying I would like to get away from the computer. Do you mind? How does it, that your body gets it way most of the time? Oh well, Got to move. Take care. Tashia
 
I sure would like to know why my knees are taking so much longer than my hips. If it weren't for the knees i could walk for hours. I need to start during more stairs. My knees aren't swelling as much as they use to. I was able to wear some smaller pants that were too tight in the legs. I wish this recovering wasn't taking so long. I feel I will be a old lady before I make the finish line. :snork:
 
My knees are doing much better so I think I made a big jump in getting better. Its about time.:snork: I am increasing my walking and its working and the pain today was hardly any. Great to be alive. Tashia
 
Tomorrow is a birthday for the left knee. :wowspring:I can't belive its that long. 2 years old and getting better with age. Had a ruff time getting thru the hip replacement but made it with Grace. So glad is on the road to recover and getting closer to full recover. With no more surgies but days of recover in the furture. Both knees are doing GREAT. I am so glad that I had it done. Doing more driving every day. Got to have a special treat after apointment. Its great to be alive and know that getting back to normal is coming all so. But first must find was normal is. Looking forward to all the pain free days. Everyone do take care. It does take time. In fact some time it feels like forever. Enjoy your freedom from pain. Tashia
 
Happy birthday for your knee tomorrow.

The new normal is indeed a conundrum, I think we must accept better, especially the removal of all that pre-op pain.....oh the pain and when it's gone it's wonderful.

Pleased to hear you are improving.

:friends:
 
Dabber, HI, :wave: I have been of line for a while. My computer went down and is still not doing the best but at least I can write. :bawl: I am now doing very good. Really had a real bad week. :scary: My mouth got some trouble with some cavities and needing a crown. :eeeuw: Also my TMJ really got so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack. :beg: Well now I have a new month piece and is working so well I can now eat. :wow: I did have lots of test and all the test said I was ok but need to work on a much better balance diet. I am also getting some sleep. About a month ago I notice I stoped getting deep sleep and every day getting tired and more anxious. Well it was the TMJ and the teenth. So pretty much is well but the month is still tender. But the sleep is A+++++++++. So this is all good. Actually felt like old time for a while. :wowspring: My knees are doing great and so is the hip. I have been able to cut down my break thru :chillpill:. :wowspring: Now I will see the doctor in a month or so to start getting of the morphine and become human again. I love driving and being able to drive at any time is music to my ears. Now with all the kids out from school I am not missing the driving that much. I now have so much hope that by Thanksgiving I will be free from most of all of this stuff. Having all these done is the best thing I have ever done for my self. Take care and do be careful and take care of your selves. Its so worth it. Take care Tashia
 
All the kids wanted to say HI. :roseshwr::wave::wink::flwrysmile: Eveything is great and we are having fun resting and walking with out a cane. We also got to play with dogs the other day.:dogsniff: I think we are getting closer to getting one. When Mom is ready we will have one. :dogwalk: We also found out that we are going on vacation this summer. :yes!: Wow it will be so wonderful to fly. Winter is a little woried because he has never flown before but he knows the others will help him out. the wether has been wonderful and cool but looks like its going to change and get hot. We are thinking of taking Mom out to a movie and a root beer float in the heat so we can enjoy a movie and stay out of the heat. We are planning more stuff now we all are feeling better. We don't know how often we are going to write because we are getting so busy to normal stuff, like sewing, going out to lunch with friends and thinking very seriously of joining a choir. :driver: Its so good to go to bed and not hurt and sleep thru the night. We do hope all the new joints are resting,:sleep: iceing,:ice: elevation and make sure that your Mom or Dad is taking medication so you don't hurt.:chillpill: It does get better. Well we need to get going so take it slow. Spring, Fall, Summer and Winter. :friends: :wave::yes!::happydance::flwrysmile:

I hope all of you are doing as well as my kids are. They very seldom hurt and seem to like to walk :driver::hiking::reading::phone::type:and take on steps as in their everyday routine. As you heard we are busy and getting back to normal. It is so great to be alive. Another year of being Cancer clean. :wowspring::wowspring::wave:
 
Sounds like you are on your way to a new life! Good for you Tasha. I cannot imagine having four replacements!!!
 
Sounds like things are on a good trajectory for you, tashia!
 
:wave:Thanks you guys for coming by. Yes things are real good right now. :loveshwr: I do feel that the worse is over but I sill might have some bumps left but hay thats great. My knees are not swelling too bad at night but they do get stiff seating for too long. They did get stiff again day while I was cutting out my pattern. Lots of cutting is still needing to be done. I had no idea that this quilt had this much cutting. Ug. But it will get me back into cutting the right sizes. I also am starting to do some embording with my big machine. Its so Great to be alive. Everyone do take care and remember every day is one day closer to recover and a life full of doing what you want to do, not what you cann't do. Tashia, and the kids:wave: :wow: its great to have :friends: that you can :phone::cheers:. :puppysmooze: and :kittykiss:are welcome here too. Take care
 
Tashia, how wonderful to read your upbeat post!! The kids are being really good to you. I like the idea of a movie and a root beer float! Yum!!!
 
Had a pretty good day but the knees still aren't happy about the shoes that had the hills. they were so small I didn't think it would make a difference. Well won't make that mistake again. I do hope that the weather is treating everyone in a kind way. It been ruff here, very hot. Well got to get the kids to bed they have a fun day tomorrow. Boy is is so great to say fun instead of pain or all that other stuff. take care and do have a good day. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom