Guest viewing is limited

TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Oh yes Tashia .... I had a pure rough collie as a rescue dog.... She was gorgeous.... Sadly she suffered all her life from ulcerative colitis do could only eat meat, fish, rice & pasta in small quantities.... We had her from 18 months old until she died at 11.... Miss her so much......will get another dog when I feel fit enough !!!!!!
I know it feels like you've shelved all your dreams Tashia.... It must be frustrating to have all these surgeries to contend with...... Hoping that you soon feel well enough to travel as you wish and then you may feel more content to let life lead you where it does. Life seems less about choices you have to make rather ones that are made for us by these horrible joints!!!!!! Just as one is fixed another starts.
Hope you have a relatively pain free weekend and the weather is not too hot for you.
My 15 year old granddaughter was in a production of We Will Rock You last night .... She had a leading role & was amazing.... It was so lovely to be able to sit and watch it without hip pain!!!

Take care..... Chrissie xxx



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I am so glad that you got to go to the play and enjoy it so. Our weather here is really hot. I can hardly wait till its start cooling off. If Fall started tomorrow it wouldn't be too soon. I am very seriously thinking of joining choir. I use to love to sing but now I will sing but I don't know how in tune it will be. I am mostly spending most of the time in my house cleaning. It is too hot to be out there. I did have a very good weekend of being pain free. Take care and enjoy the weather. Tashia
 
I am so glad that you got to go to the play and enjoy it so. Our weather here is really hot. I can hardly wait till its start cooling off. If Fall started tomorrow it wouldn't be too soon. I am very seriously thinking of joining choir. I use to love to sing but now I will sing but I don't know how in tune it will be. I am mostly spending most of the time in my house cleaning. It is too hot to be out there. I did have a very good weekend of being pain free. Take care and enjoy the weather. Tashia
 
I hope everyone is ok. The weather is getting better I hope. This week it has been really ruff. Been to the doctor and all is well until I hurt my foot. It is now swelling and I am going to the doctor tomorrow. I hope its nothing serious. I have been busy with my sewing room almost ready for sewing. I am learning a lot on the computer and I must addmit its fun. Got the printer to work. Yes I am learning. You can teach a old dog new tricks. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Tonight I went out and had a great time. The knees are a little stiff but thats it. Its so good to come here and see that lot of people have returned to their lives. I haven't gotten there yet but an getting there I think. Everyone do take care. Tashia
 
Great news, Tashia!!! So happy you had an enjoyable night out.
 
@Jamie , Slowly my life is coming back. I now relize how much I lost in during normal things. I know the years are gone and I can't get them back but I also know that I had to take those years to get back what I had lost. Its so nice to spend the days doing things instead of sitting in the chair and in so much pain you just want to be free of the pain. Also without pain you can think of things to do, like doing the things you love to do like working with flowers and sewing. Now all I have to do is start getting rid of the drugs and then join the world again. I still have a little pain and some swelling but not much. I found my camers and got the prints and saw so many things I use to do. Really injoyed looking at them. Now I am getting ready for traveling so I can add more pictures to my alburms. I am now Cancer clean so that is one thing I can get off my list. It now just the joints and they are doing so good. I can walk close to a hour. Isn't that the coolest things? Take care and I hope the weather is treating you ok. Tashia
 
We are having great weather, Tashia. These last two weeks have been gloriously cool in the Midwest instead of blistering heat and humidity. I'm sure it will change soon, but we've definitely been enjoying being outside in July. Usually that's not a very comfortable thing to do!
 
@Jamie , We are the same here. Our heat left and we have had a week of 80s. It felt so good but I know the horrrible heat is coming back. This getting back for all of this is taking so long. I know that the joints are doing so good but I still feel mentally weak. I think the trips I have coming up will help me get back my life. I think the fear of getting off the drugs are really concerning me. Take care and keep people like me surpport. I need it so badly. Take care. Tashia and the kids
 
You're starting to get back in the swing of things! :)
 
It is nice that things seem to be coming back and doing normal things. I still don't drive much but I have driven even day this week. It feels so great. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
So glad you are getting back into driving Tashia & the weather is good for you. I think sometimes getting our head around these surgeries is worse than the pain involved. It's very, very hot over here in the UK & no sign of a let up yet! Take care..Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hoppy Nanny, I think you are so right. Its not just the physical challenge but trying to get all stuff done that wasn't able to do while recovering. You really are glad to not be hurting and having new hips and knees are even cooler. Then you are new person to make even a better life than expected. Sorry to hear that its hot. We too are surpose to heat up in the 100 for almost the whole week. Take care and make sure that you stay cool. Tashia
 
My knees are doing great findly. They now bend without any trouble. I don't know what my range is but I am sure its over 120. All that time is finely paying off. Some days I do normal stuff like driving, go for a long walk and climb stairs. Very seldom do they hurt. Knowing that I can go upstairs when I want is so freeing. The only thing is I am working off the medication. Because I took them for so lone I am really going slow. So far not too bad but I still have far to go. Very seldom do they even swell. Knees are a good 75 per cent heal maybe more. I walk with no limb. Life is good. Everyone take care with the heat. Tashia and the Kids.
 
Finally was able to get into this page. My knees are doing great. We went on a vacation and all did Great. Was able to climb stairs and do whatever I wanted to do. The knees did get stiff while I watched a movie after walking but that was so normal. Both knees are almost there. Very little swelling happens even after a good size walk. I do know that I am still on medication and very disappointed that no one is helping me right now with a plan to get off the medication. I sure would feel better if I had one. Monday I talked to my cousler to get someone and start the process. In some ways I want to go slow because I need to find out just where do I stand with the discomfort. This is my last huddle and then I will feel recoverd. Everyone do take care. The kids loved the planes rides. Winter was scared with this being the first trip but was able to settle down very quickly and got into the fun. He loves to travel and is looking to more trips and travel. He really loves to ride in the car while Summer and Spring are driving. hee, hee, My right hip seem to do real good while driving and not hurting. Everyone do take care and stay safe with all this weather. Tashia, and the Kids.
 
Finally, I was able to get in to my post. All the joints are doing great. In the morning I wake up not in pain and get out of bed, painfree. Oh how I have waited for this. Usually after sitting for a while, after 20 minutes I am still in the knees but able to walk it out. At night is the time the joints are tender and sometime hurts a little. I know that when I start swimming I will feel even better. I have been battling high blood pressure but now its getting better. Had a trip and it was GREAT! Had so problems on the plane or airport. It sure makes a long day thru. Its so good to go to places and know that you are going to be ok. Driving is still doing but not much yet. I am trying to build up the distance without getting so tired. I still get tired easy. I realize its still only 5 months from the last surgies. Having all those surgies was really ruff on the body. I also notices that I lost lots of weight which was good because as my joints got worse the weight came on because I wasn't active enough so this is good. My stomach has calmed down also so this is good too. I do feel on am on the road of recovery which is great. I noticed that the tree that is in front of my apartment is starting to drop its leaves so does this mean a early Fall? Oh How I hope so. Everyone do take care and do make sure you stay safe with the weather. God Bless, Tashia
 
So glad that you are finally able to get out to the places you want to go Tashia.....great news!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny , It does feel so good. I still have to be careful not to get tired but I am now going out at night. That is so GREAT! I hope that the weather is good and that you are having a good week. Take care. Tashia
 
Oh at 5 months out you will still feel tired @tashia.......do try the swimming though...it feels do good. I now go to aquafit on a Monday and swim 30 lengths twice a week. It feels so free in the water. The weather here is so lovely, had the back end of hurricane Bertha but it's freshened everything up. I'm off today to my ladies club (we've been meeting up for 32 years now)...got a 2 hour drive there and the same back but so looking forward to seeing them...we are all getting older & the numbers diminish yearly but we still have a good old natter! Keep well...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@Hoppy Nanny , I am so glad that the weather missed you. I am also glad that you are still seeing old friends and having a good time. This last weekend was my 50 class reuion and I wished I could go but wasn't able to do all the traveling that i would have to do. But there is always the next one. Take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom