TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

OMGoodness, I have been off the site, come back, and you've had surgery. After all your good wishes to me over time I surely would have wanted to be there for you. Here's hoping things quiet down for you and you have a nice steady progress into spring. Happy healing my friend, Cathy
 
Cathy, I am finished with all the surgrey, isn't that great. I am so done. My hip is doing great. The doctor used glue and the nurse today cleaned up the mess. There was some extra glue but now it looks better. I had the cut that is in the front. I can't image cutting in the back. Now to get it strong so I can get back to living. I will be so glad when I can go for a long hike and be out in Mother Nature. Take care and keep getting better. Tashia
 
Today was a very quite day. I overdid it yesterday and got some swelling in the hip. But the knees are swollen also but are getting better. I sleep most of the afternoon and evening. I need to be finshed with nurses and PT> I am getting nothing out of it but ulcers. I did get some bread and then sleep. Begining to get ready for the naming party this Sunday. The kids are excited about it but are just trying to recover from the nursing home. They also did not like their stay. My knees really swollen which surprised me. Must take an easy tomorrow also. We will see if Sunday will be a good day for naming. Does anyone else have four joints? Come and join us. Take care. Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The kids have been named and they like their names. The right knee is now Spring and the left one is June. They are also happy for the hips too. Now we are a happy family with all the kids named finally settled in. It been a ruff 4 years but now all is well. Take care and remember you are very important and your recover is so important to all of us. Tashia
 
The knees are happy but are still swollen so they have good moments and so, so moments. They are starting to bend very easy now so that is so cool. The pain I have now you can ice and get rid of but bone on bone is there until the arthritic joints are gone. So if you are wondering should I, I know only you can answer the question but for me it was YES. I still have problems but I can sleep all night, go for a walk, move around the apartment and am planning a trip. At times I think you question yourself - at least I did. Like will this really worth all this. Remember I am looking backward and then I look into the furture and see a wonderful tomorrow. Take care and do remember we care so please post and let us know how you are doing. This is a hard jouney and a difficult one, but don't be afraid. You are not alone. Take care Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My knees are doing better but still sore. Summer is still having problem with the left hip. I wonder if he is being sad because he is no longer the yougest. It is swelling and does have a some iching. I thought I would let him rest this weekend then start some real esay exercises so he can get limber again. First think in the morning the kids are sore but are better after I move them. in all All the kids are doing good. Their Mother is tired and still bored from doing nothing. I was thinking of taking them out for a Soda Float tomorrow if the weather holds. Everyone do take care and be carefull with the weather this weekend. Tashia
 
I was thinking of taking them out for a Soda Float tomorrow if the weather holds.


[Bonesmart.org] This time I am doing it right and having a blast
Mmmmmmmmmmm, @tashia, that float sure sounds yummy! I might have to join you!
 
Summer and Spring want to say Hi to all their friends. they have been very busy taking care of their new brother and their Mother. Summer really seems to be having a ruff time with being stiff the first thing in the moning. They are looking forward to start swimming and taking a trip when Winter gets stron enough. Everyone take care and please be careful with all the snow, ice, and rain. Tashia and the kids.
 
Boy is time going by fast. We are now in April and the kids are really enjoying the rain. Summer is still having some problems but is getting better. Some swelling is still happening and this week he will see the doctor with Winter so he feels good that a friend will be with him. All the kids are so happy that Winter is doing so well and that the pain is so light. I still need medication but not as much as before. The rain is helping the flowers and making them beautiful. Will be glad when I can keep my windows open and let the air in. Everyone take care with the weather and be safe. Tashia
 
Glad to hear you are doing well, and will soon have a check up with the OS!
 
Today the knees got to see the doctor because Winter had to have its 6 week check=up. They were all glad to say Hi to the doctor who helped them enter the world. They did get to talk to him and asked about the swelling. He said that all is well and that it will happen for another month or so. But do not worried about it. They then took their Mother out for a Root Beer Float which all enjoyed. They will be seeing the doctor in a year. My depression is getting better I guess. Boy did it sneak up on me. the kids have been good and help their Mom whanever they can. The weather is getting better and all the flowers are blooming and is in the 80s. I will be so glad when all the snow storms are over so we all can walk without fear of falling. Take care. tashia and the Kids.
 
Glad all went well today Tashia and that your depression is lifting...bet that root beer float tasted good ...hoping you get some sunshine soon...take care...Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I tried the new precription schedule and it did quite well. Hope that it will get better. The weather was really warm today. I just realized that if I use the seasons people might be thinking I am talking about the kids, Oh well I will work it out. I was told that I need to start doing more walking and streching now. But take a easy of course. I feel now I will make it. I now realize all the stress and pain really did a tole of my health and welfare. It will be a while before I can get over all of it. I do hope and pray that no one has to go thru all this but on the other hand it was so worth it. I can walk and sit without wondering when the pain will stop. I was so lucky to have doctors that were willing to give me pain medication and to keep the pain under control. I must say at times it wasn't easy. I do know that if you are in pain please speak up and get some relief. I now realize that my fear of becoming addicted got in the way of pain control. I still have a fear of it but being not in pain is worth to me the risk. I still keep a very good idea on each pill. I also document each pill and make sure all are taken on the correct time. I know it effects my from driving and that is really sad. But in time I am so much better so my hope of getting off them is still there. The past four years have been so trying but with God at my side, I will be ok. Everyone do be careful taking the medication and be safe walking.Also please don't drive and take pain pills. Let them wear off and I know that it takes time and is so worth it. I will be driving soon, ( a month or so) Yes that is some time but why would I do something stupid now after rour years of being good. Also if you hurt so bad plese don't drive its not worth the risk of being hurt or make the situration worth. I know this is so hard but its so worth it. Take care and enjoy your new life. Tashia and the kids.
 
Just wanted to stop and say Hi to all my new knee friends. Spring and Summer got to play today in the beautiful wether. They did have to help their new brother, Winter. He had a little ruff day with the new medication schedule. All the kids are trying to accept the new schedule. The doctor wants me to cut down a little. We will see, I see him Friday and then we will talk about it. Every do take care with the winter storm back East Will it every end? :gaah: Aren't we surpose to be in Spring when the flowers bloom? :shrug: All of us want to play with the sun :SUNsmile:. Tashia and the kids, :bicycle1::bicycle2::bicycle2::bicycle2::bicycle2:
 
Today was a good day. Still taking medication and still wishing I wasn't. I know that I have had 4 surgies and my body is doing its very best to get back to normal. I will try to start driving this week. That is my biggest complaint going thru all this. I love my driving. I also want to travel. I do know that I am getting closer but I am so bored. That is the biggest problem to this whole thing. Its so slow getting better. But I do have to say getting out of bed without the horrible pain is so welcome every morning and then walking with wondering if I will fall. I don't know how many of us stay this is a life changing event. I beginning to thing that this changing event will be going for the rest of my life. Every day I find new things I can do. Sometime its just the little thing like talking to a dear friend while having lunch with them. Or doing something big like getting ready for a new trip. Way deep inside the biggest thing I fear is falling back into the horrible pain and not getting relilef. I know that this is silly after 4 years of surgies but I don't want to hurt or do my kids. Every day I must remember this is a journey and that all will ok and well. Thank goodness for this site where I can write and share my strenght and fears. At the end of the day, all is well and sleep the whole night to awake and take on another day of recover. One foot forward and then back. Take care. Tashia and the kids
 
Hi @tashia, I have not heard from you in a good while and was trying to see how you were doing and feeling. Hoe all is well and you have been busy nursing that hip and knee. Take good care of yourself. Thinking of you with good thoughts. :loveshwr:
 
@chestnc, I haven't been doing the best.:scratch: Been having lot of hip pain with the weather changing all over the place. Been trying some ways of sleeping so I won't wake up with serve pain. :sigh: It could be worse but just enough to bother me. :bawl: Other than that very bored. :umm: As recovery does take a long time and it boring because you start feeling better so you want to do something but you don't because you are afraid that you will overdo it. :rolleyes: Haven been driving much but doing it. How are you? I understand you in the East having been really getting some rain. The Spring is something for the books. It rains then snows, then rains, then snows. The poor flowers are taking such a beating. I hope that everything is ok with you. Will try to do some sewing this weekend if the kids will let me.
 
Boy, Tashia....I know it must seem like you've been in recovery with those kids forEVER, doesn't it! Not too much longer now, sweetie.....good days are ahead. As the weather warms and gets better, so will all those new joints. I hope you do get some sewing in this weekend. That will definitely make you feel brighter. (((HUGS)))) to you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom