TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today was a quite day and a day of not much pain in the hip. the knees were great. I realized that next month one of my knees turns 4. Wow by does time go by. Both are doing good and I feel would do much better if the hip wasn't going bad. I'm sure I am not walking or siting right so I am tender. I am finding that when I drive I don't even think about them. Isn't that GREAT. I know this is yelling but this has been a very long jounery. One more to go (hip) then all done. Yes Hope to be pain free by this time next year and walking right. Everyone do take care with all the weather out there. Tashia
 
I bet the new hip will help you all over.
 
Today has been a lazy day. All the kids wanted to do today is sleep so I let them. The rain is so great and feel so good. I find that after doing something one day the next I am tired. I didn't do much yesterday but I was gone for almost three hours. It felt so great. Wanted to do stuff today but just not up to it. With the rain I just want to stay home in my nice warm apartment. Tomarrow I hope to go to the Quilt show again. Everyone do take care with all this weather. I plan to get a pizza deliverd so I can just stay home. Take care. Tashia
 
While I was at the doctor my knees really started to hurt and got very tired. I did do shopping afterwords but very tired. Now that all is done I have been clearned for the hip and now a good night sleep and a day to do whatever I want to do. I need to get the apartment ready for the rug to be cleaned. Now only two weeks and the kids will get a new brother. I will so glad to be in recovery. Take care and remember to go slow.
 
Well as time goes by, waiting for a new hip. the days seem to go like snail pace. I will be so glad when the time arrives so I can get on with it. Waiting has never been my strong part. However patience has gotten much better. well I have things to do so I must get going. Everyone do take care with all this weather. Stay safe espically my Southern friends. Tashia
 
Thanks, 1ELISEA, I need all the good wishes I can get. It helps me calm down when I am having some nerves about the surgrey. I know I have been here before but I still get the nerves. Take care, I hope the weather is treating you ok. Tashia
 
@tashia
You will do fine, have no worries.
And yes, thank you, the weather is perfect here! :SUNsmile:
 
I am so glad that my knees are doing good. I know I am not walking right with the hip hurting and that makes pain in the knees. Will be glad that I can say its over, truly over and in recovery for the last time. Take care and be careful with all that weather. Tashia
 
Today I found that knee were very tender today. I afraid the more that the hip going, the more I don't walk right and hurt the knees. I also noticed that my feet are hurting so the hip is really going. I know this is a knee section but I find that when the hips go it effects the knees. For those who are reading my story you will find that if you need another total replacement like I do the ones you already have get tender waiting for the new replacement. As you know the whole body is attached and therefore the whole body is affected. Take care and I hope and pray that you don't have to go thru more than one but if you do, take a day at a time and do take care of that pain and know all will work out. Climb the hill slowly and you will make it. Tashia
 
My knees are all exctied about the new hip that is coming to live at my place. They are planing to take care of him but will have a party for the new one. I have told them it must be quite because he will not be feeling good for a couple of days. My old hip is getting exctiing about seeing his old friends. So all is well now its just waiting. Oh the waiting is soo hard on all of us. But in life the best things come with waiting. So everyone do take care with the weather and do play safe. Tashia
 
Well both of the knees are resting and getting ready for the big day of them getting their brother. They have been busy trying to take care of the poor old hip. He is really tired and will be so glad to join all his old friends. Everyone take care with all the storms coming and the cold. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia - just sending lots of love and hugs and healing thoughts to you. Not sure of time differences or how soon you are going in to hospital so thought I would be an 'early bird' and wish you well now.
Hope everything goes well and that you will have a text book recovery.
X
 
Hi Tashia, not long now for the new hip. Good luck my friend. I'l be thinking of you.
 
Hello Tashia, thinking about you and hoping all goes well and that you'll soon be out and feeling better my dear, what a good friend you are to us all here.
:friends:
 
Thank you all. You all make me feel so good and I know I have very good friends here. Lets all stay in touch so we can all celebrate all out wins. And if one needs help on their hill we all get behind them and give them a push. The kids are quite for the moment. They went to be early because of the big day tomorrow. Take care and please be safe with all the horrible weather. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia Good luck for tomorrow. I want to thank you too because when I was having a rough time after my op, you were so kind to me.. You reassured me and everything. I sincerely hope all goes well for you. You are in my thoughts Tashia. Big hugs xxxxxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 Thank you. How are you doing now. I do hope things are better. It takes time and remember to go slow. Take care. tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @tashia yes I'm doing much better now thanks. I'm seven weeks in. Went for OS appointment yesterday she's really pleased with me. Please have A successful op and a speedy recovery x x x xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom