TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

chestnc, I hope that you continue getting better. I had a lazy day except for my drive. It was so cool and so was the dinner I got. The shrimp was sooo good. Take care and be careful with the ice. Tashia
 
Campervan, My day is 25th of February. I will be so glad to final be done. Its been a ruff. But all is well so I am very gratefull. Take care. Tashia
Hi Tasha, we could be recovery buddies. I've pencilled in my left knee replacement for 26 February subject to discussions with my OS.
 
campervan, That would be so cool. We could recover together. Please let me know if it a go. I sure hope this is it for both of us. Take care and be carful with the weather. Tashia
 
All the best to both of you on your upcoming surgerys, a new hip for Tashia, and a new knee for Campervan :yay:
 
Today is a low day. My knees are doing real good today. But when the hips hurt, my knees hurt. I found that rom varies from day to day. When the hip is done, I will then be able to get more serious in working out. I know that its been a while but just staying limber is all I can do right now. Take care and remenber that the storms are coming and do take care. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, even though I've postponed my surgery after discussions with my OS I'll be here to help steer you through your recovery. Feb 25 is not so far away so take it easier till then.
 
As you know this waiting is ruff. It the waiting that get you. Campervan, , I am glad that you are having good moment. My hip is calming down so now its better. My knees are doing pretty good, but I know that I am walking funny so they aren't happy. As you know bone on bone hurts and little can be done. Another day done and one day closer. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Glad to hear your hip is calming down, a little over a month to go! With all four replaced you are going to be ready to go and do all the things you have been missing.:yes:
 
Boy its been some time since I wrote here. My knees are doing good. A little sore now and then but not pain. That is soo great. To be over the horrible pain and not wanting to do anything. I do find that I still am not wanting to go to far from where I live because if I get into trouble I won't be far from home. After the getting the new hip it will be difference. It sure will be great not to have to hurt while sitting. Before my hip started going bad my other hip didn't hurt, that was so cool. Well everyone do take care with all the weather. I know the storm are ruff and dangeous. Tashia
 
Today was a very busy day. I realized that I have stuff to do before the big day so I need to push a little. Today was the first day and of course I payed for it. I did get lots done and boy did I hurt and got really tired. I find that when I get tired and sore I get very negative and usually have a cry. I am so tired of this. Bone on bone hurts and i am so tired of it. I know I have been saying this with all of my joints but it is sooo old. Well I had my nap and dinner and medication so I am better. Well tomorrow is a slow day. Everyone please be careful with the snow. take care Tashis
 
It is hard when you have so much to get done before your hip is replaced, take it easy today and start feeling better. What you cannot get done before, will be so much easier to get done once you have healed from your THR.
You stlll have a couple more weeks. Boy the time is sure going by fast!
 
This rain is soooo great. We are having a good rain. I would like to see a good storm of couple of inches. Will take what we get. My knees really hurt last night. They kept me up for hours last night. Was finally got to sleep real late in the morning. They are still tender. I will hurt if this means rain. well thats enough from me. Tashia
 
Raining here, Yeah! Finally, my lawn is so happy, :yes!:. Our joints may hurt, but this is still great weather, so we can have a beautiful spring! Can't wait until we can :snow dig:.
 
I so agree Pumpkin, I don't want to do snow here but seeing the ducks swimming in a full lake would be so cool. Our river are so low its scary. Be careful walking in the snow or rain. Tashia
 
@tashia What date did you have the TKR done on? I can't make it out from your current Signature and you seem to have had loads done!
All the best for your recovery; it must be so much better when you know just what to expect rather than the journey into the unknown!
 
Tashia has had both knees done - June 12 and March 10.
 
Campervan, Thank you for answer the question. Both of knees are doing are very good. They do hurt but are getting better every day. I feel that when my hip is done the knees will stop hurting. I will be so glad when all this done. Take care and I hope the weather is treating you ok. Tashia
 
@tashia - Sorry about my silly question; I think I must have been daydreaming or "high" on something :doh:
 
Mazza, Thats ok. I have days like that too. I hope that the winter has been kind to you. Keep warm and take care. Tashia
 
Today I went and saw my OS for my hip. Its getting close now. My knees are doing so great. I also am glad that they are limber. I was very lucky to have such good healing. I did find out that every 5 years they make a appointment to call you back to see how its doing. So next year I will have one for the first knee. Isn't that great already that many years have gone. for those of you are just waiting to get that knee you will be ok. It is work but oh so worth it. take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom