TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

I had something weird this morning when I got up. My left knee felt loose. Then it was ok. Tonight its fine, I guess it was just a weird feeling. I do hope it never does it again. It's been a pain free day because I have been doing not much. Tonight I did do some cleaning in the sewing room and now I need to go to bed and get ready for another day. I do hope that I don't start the day with the same feeling in my left knee again. It was really scary. Everyone do take care and be carefull with the wether in your area. Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Poppet, I did take easy and I am better. I overdid it and tonight I am trying real hard to stay out of the sewing room. That is so hard but so far all I did was put some patterns back in the bookcase. My knees are a little stiff but not bad. Take care and do be carefull with the heat. Tashia
 
trying real hard to stay out of the sewing room

Perhaps a nice hand stitched, hand embroidered something while you relax with your legs up.

Or, I could say "back away from the sewing room door" "now" "do not open that sewing room door, I'm serious, don't do it". :heehee:


Hope you feel better tomorrow! :)
 
Thanks 1ELISEA, it really is hard not to go in there. But I have been a good girl. Now I am getting ready for bed so but the sewing room is calling but if I have to I will put cotton in my ears. :loll: Take care and I hope that you have a good weekend. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, have a good nights sleep and I hope all is good in the morning.
 
Tashia,
How was your day? Did you get out for a drive?
My friend who lives near Mom said there were seals in the water near her house. This is not good, the water is so low.
Guess we can enjoy the "good" weather.
 
Thank you two coming to my site. Not much is happing here but getting ready for the big day. I already am more prepaired for the day than any of the other three. I am finding that I cann't remember much about the first hip surgrey. I know that sounds strange but I hardly got out of pain from getting the inplant and my left knee was so sore I could hardly stand it. This time it will just be the hip. Not any other joint. WOW this is going to be new. We need to have a big party in the social room afterwards to celebrate all four and finished. I thinking of ordering a tv series in DVD so I can be intertained while getting better. Its the Wild, Wild West. It was on for almost 4 years so there would be a lot of them. Also I was thinking of getting some hand work. The problem is I am not much of a yard person so we will see on that. I already have a couple of books that I want to read. Knowing that the first month you don't want to do much, watching tv is the best. I do hope to drive today. Didn't get to yesterday. Well my poor plants need some water and some cleaning. Everyone take care and have a good weekend. Please be careful with all the fires, storms and dought. Tashi
 
Today was really a lazy day. Sleep most of the day. Was really tired and the knees really hurt this moring so stayed off them, Now they are happy and thats all that counts. I will be so happy when the hip is done so I can walk right and not make the knees hurt. I know I am not walking right so i hurt. They are more tender than real pain. They are stiff in the morning. Well they are getting so much better it was sooo worth it. Everyone do take care and be careful with all the weather. Take care . Tashia
 
Hi Tashia. Hope you enjoyed your lazy day and your knees and hips too! Sometimes that's all you can do. Not long now until your bad hip is gone and you can walk properly which will help the other joints. Hope the weather is being kind to you. We have had so much rain and flooding here..wondering if it will ever stop! Thinking of you. Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
A lot of rain is horrible, Could you send us some, we need it so bad. The weather has been so warm, near the 70s. that great but we need the rain. When we had a storm move in I was so sore but if that what we must do to get some rain I will do it. :shocked: We need the rain. Tonight is cold. Everyone do take care, Hoppy Nanny take care with all the rain. Tashia
 
Hi @tashia, I understand having a lazy day as I had one yesterday as well. Was also not feeling well. I will take that 70's weather anytime. This winter on the east coat has wrecked havoc on my bones. Even the new knee is aching. I am icing it as I type. Hope you are feeling better real soon.
 
chestnc, I was talking to my bother in law in the East and he was telling me about it. I was thinking of moving out there but I have to be honest this type of winter would be so hard on me. I grew up in the Rocky Mountains and had winter 40 below were normal and it was ruff. I really don't know how I would repond to so much snow and ice. All I can say that is were you wear lots of wool. I still have a cape that I wore and when I get even cold I can't use it because its too warm. It is cold tonight but no storm moving in just cold. Our nights have been very cold for us but the days are very warm. I feel so sorry for the animals thru out the US and the world. Hope that you can get warm and your leg gets better. Be careful walking in all of this. Take care. Tashia
 
@tashia , just wanted to pop in and let you know how awesome I think all your posts on the threads are. You're always so encouraging and sweet! :puppysmooze:
 
@tashia, Thank you for your well wishes. Still feeling under the weather today but going to make it to church and then back home. I will take my ice pack with me for my knee and an extra shawl in case the area is chilly. Hopefully I will feel better soon. Fortunately the roads are clear, but black ice always has to be watched out for. I don't think you would want to come back this way.. winters are not like they used to be or my bones are not like they used to be. Hope you are having a comfortable day.
 
chestnc, I know that the weather has changed. I did come back for a visit before I started getting a new joints and I found the winter ok. But there were no storms or bad weather. I flew out the night before a big one moved in. I dolike to be able to walk and drive without snow. I think once you move away from it and been away from it for a long time it would be very hard to return. Most of my adult life I havn't had to deal with it. I do like sun in the winter so warmer places I stay. I hope that you start feeling better. Nothing like not feeling the best when its cold and rainy. Please take care. Tashia
 
@DogLoverx3 , Thank you so much for coming and saying HI. And also for the complenment. It means so much to me. Please come whenever you can. Take care and do be careful with the weather. Tashia
 
Tashia, thanks so much. Actually started to feel better this afternoon and made myself do a few things in the house to hopefully feel even better. Hope you are having a good weekend...
 
Hi, Tashia.....hope you enjoyed your day today!!! May the warm sun shine on you as much as possible this winter!!!
 
Jamie, Thank you, The weather has been wonderful. Went for a drive and ended up at a restrunt. Has shrimp and steak. It was so good. Then drove around some more. It felt so good. I must try to get outside every day. I need to get my plants ready for the dought. I need to tranplant them for the low watering. When I lived in Arizona there was a way to water plants and not to waste water and I am getting ready to do the plants here. It very convience and you only water two day the most in the summer. Hope they don't die from lack of water. We shall see. Take care and be careful with the weather. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom