TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Dabber, I am so glad that things are at least working in the way you want. I know that this is very hard but life sometime does that to you. You are a true Angle, Please keep me informed on how you are doing. I care very much. Lots of Love, Tashia
 
Had a good day in the New Year. Did have some anixiety thou. I think its the thought of the surgry that is in Feb. All my new joints are looking forward to meeting their new friend but very sad that the one hip that has been here all along must go. It has been on lots of journeys and is telling the new ones of the journeys that they will have. They can hardly wait for the new hip to heal. Well they are trying to be patient but you know kids. Take caree with the storm that is coming int the US. Its going to be very ruff so please take care and hug your 4 legged friends.
 
Tonight is a good night. My hip is hurting and so the knees are not happy. I have been doing very good on pain until tonight. I have been trying to get ready for the event next month. I will be so glad when my hip gets done so I will be away from bone on bone. I have had three surgies and one more to go and finely true be over bone on bone pain. Everyone take care and please be safe with all the storms. Tashia
 
Tashia..... I am so eager for you to pass this last important milestone. You've been so patient. Hang in there, my friend!!!
 
Jamie, Thank you. I find that I am so anixous over this one becasuse it is the last. I am counting the days. Will keep you imformed my friend. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, do you have a scheduled date for your hip? Perhaps you've posted earlier and I've missed it and if so apologies. You'll be pleased to get it over with as you know how much less pain you'll have. Good luck.
 
Campervan, My day is 25th of February. I will be so glad to final be done. Its been a ruff. But all is well so I am very gratefull. Take care. Tashia
 
Well one more day is gone and one more day closer. I am trying to get ready but hurting today. Was able to go for a drive. Oh how I love to drive. I also got to eat out. The day was beautuiful and for those who are fighting the snow and cold. Please be careful, you can get in trouble so fast without realizing it. Please take care. Tashia
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I keep forgetting that I am still recovery from the knee. It has been over a year but I know its still healing. I was having a bad day last night and I relized I had lost my focus on the knee that was done last year. It seems just as I get one done, I in no time have to start getting ready for another. This next one is my last so when I have it done I will not have to forget and prepair for another. YES, Yes, yes, This is a good year. This year I get the last one done and I will be finished. 2 hips and 2 knees. That is enough for my lifetime. Everyone do take care with all this cold, wet wether. It is so deadly. Tashia
 
I am really hurting today, I thought if I layed low I could get it under control. Looks like I might have to start taking my medication every 6 hours until I get it under control. I hope that this does mean it getting worse. I know it does but I still have some time to go and I don't want to hurt like I have done before. Now only 46 days to go. Take care everyone and do be careful with the weather. Tashia
 
46 days, and tomorrow you will be one and a half months before your hip replacement:SUNsmile:.
You have the right idea to take your meds every 6 hours until the pain is under control.
Take it easy and get some rest,
 
Yes, Tashia....I know you hate to have to go the meds route, but you need to do whatever it takes to stay comfortable until your surgery. Please take it easy...rest/ice/elevate and take meds.
 
Thanks, Jamie, I will be so glad when this is over. I really have had it. Well the real good news is this is the last and also all the others are doing great and will get better when I am able to walk right. Hope the weather is treating you better. We are so dry its scary. Wish you could send us some rain and snow. Take care, Tashia
 
You're doing so well Tashia.....nearly a full set of replacement joints.
:console2:
 
Dabber, Here a hug my friend.:friends::console2: Glad that things are getting better. Please take care. I hope that your weather will let you go for a little walk. Tashia:snow dig: I wish
 
Tonight I am finally getting my pain under control. To my surprise my knees are really tight so I guess part of the pain has been my knees. Boy is that a surprise, Now that I am out of danial, my knee is barely over a year old, other words its still healing and its tellling me that its still young and needs some tender loving care. I keep forgetting this as I get ready for the next replacement. Both knees are also swollen so I need to pay more attention to them. I am now taking medication every 5 hours. I am trying to make it 6 but it just isn't so with all the kids it can't be. The oldest one is also swollen so I must take a easy. I have gotten them unhappy. It was born in 2010 so its still tender if not treated right. The one that was done in 12 is doing better than its older one. I guess its needing some attention. Kids! Well I am feeling much better now that I am out of pain. Did do some more getting ready. Does it every end? I know that the hip has less exercises than the knee so this is good but the poor knees still need some tender loving care. Well I am now sitting and will do a little more tomorrow. Now that they have gotten my attention I will pay more attention to them. Everyone do take care and please be careful with all the ice and snow. Just the thought of trying to walk in all that makes me tremble. Tashia
 
Tashia,
The barometer is dropping fast here, maybe that is what is making your knees so uncomfortable. I feel when you hip is done and you are not changing the way you walk to avoid pain all your joints will be happier.
Staying in today, it is sprinkling, and very windy here, brrrr,
 
The doctor also mentions that is why I am so sore. If I have to be sore to get rain, I will do it for everyone. We need it so bad. Today was a lazy day. Sleep most of the day but did a lot of cleaning last night. It good to get it done but I do need my sleep at a normal hour. Nerves are also involved in this, I'm sure. I hope that it rains more so I can put my car out so it can be washed. It needs it. It is cold today but not as cold as the mountains. Take care and stay warm. Tashia
 
I hope your car had a good washing today in the rain. Sometimes when it rains a little here you can see where each raindrop hit on the car. Barometer settling, so I hope your knees and hips are feeling better.
 
Pumpkin, My pain is much better. The new schedule is working but I am doing lots of sleep. Also lots of cleaning. I had forgot that right after my hip replacement I had moved and most of the stuff got unpacked but some didn't. Well I am almost all unpacked. All my stuff is finding a place or going to the good will. I moved from a 4 bedroom to this two bedroom and boy what a difference. However no yard work and I have enjoyed that sso much because with all the mess with my joints the yard would be a mess. The front was on a hill and was drought planting but the back was another story. So happy I don't have to think of it. I finally enjoying my freedom. I would like to have more light but the quiet and no problems are fanstic. If something breaks, they fix it and I don't have to find someone. Oh that is so wonderful. Free from that place is soooo great. I feel like celebrating.
I would like a little patch of land to plant things. The town I live has a garden for people who want to plant, not this year but maybe next. Wow, I cann't believe I am talking about this, its so great. Also after I have the hip which is coming up fast. I will be able to start traveling and getting a dog. I see the end of the road. It still has some ruff climbing but oh what freedom when I am over the hill. I hope that you have a good day and got some snow. Take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom