TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Aww sorry Tashia that you have a lot of pain in your hip and feet...do hope that resting up will help you. Thinking of you....Hoping you get a quick surgery date. Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you so much for wishing me luck. I had forgotten what pain in the hip was until this went bad. I can say, I really didn't miss it. I am looking forward to getting it done so I can start being pain free in time. I am having the one who is cut in the front and not the back. I didn't realize they were so different because I hadn't come here yet. Now that I have read and gone thru one I find that I am looking forward to it. When I had the other hip done I was still in so much pain with the knees. After the hip I didn't wait too long before I had the knee done and it was a mess. So I am not sure when I came out of the hip because of the horrible knee pain I was still having. All I know its taken a long time and is so worth it. I am on the stand=by list so I could go at any time. IF they called me for the next day, I would say yes without any hesatation. I don't have any pets to take care of so that is good. I do have to say I miss having pets and the first thing I am going to do is get me one when I think I am ready. I am almost at the end of the journey and I pray that all continue to go as planned. I also pray that you do the best possible. We are going to make it and have a wonderful new life. Take care. :ereindeer: :ereindeer:Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, so sorry to hear you have ben dealing with pain. Hope today brings you good blessings and feeling so much better. At least you have projects lined up and are keeping yourself busy which is great. Depending on pain scale, you can sometimes use those projects to distract yourself from the pain. What do you take at the moment if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully better pain free days are ahead... :ereindeer:
 
chestnc, Right now my pain medication isn't working so I need to see my doctor. I started replacing my joints back in 2010 and have had so many different combinations. The pain is better but now with the hip I am increasing in pain so a new combination will be needed. I did go to a sewing class and it did distract me for a long time and I still play with it at home. It amazes me of all the creative things that are out there. I just wish it was free. It was how to make flowers with thread. Really beauiful. Hope you are nice and warm because I have heard that a real bad storm is coming your way. We are still cold but getting better. Take care. Tashia:ereindeer:
 
Hi Tashia, hope this finds you in the best of feeling good. Hope pain is better. I am beginning to believe some of my pain is weather related. Yesterday I was uncomfortable and had to take meds almost around the clock. Hope it is starting to warm up where you are. I think that would help a tad bit. Have a great rest of the weekend. :huggy santa:
 
chestnc, Yes the weather does make you stiff and hurt if its real cold. I find that a heating pad and a herbal wrap helps a lot. Oh and turn up the heat. I know this month is going to be something to pay but its better than hurting. I do have a extra quilt that I am putting on my bed. Its has wool batting and is really warm. Thank Goodness. Next week is the shortest day of the year as far as light is concened then it starts getting light longer which I will be so glad. I have some quilt that need quilting but I am afraid that it won't happen now until after my new hip. I will be so glad when all this is over. I also have a dentist appointment tomorrow to make sure all is ok. I have been clearned for surgrey so all I have to do is some blood tests and then get a date. Well I have two knees done and 1 hip and 1 to go then I will be so done. Take care and keep warm for the storm that coming. :ereindeer::mer xm: Tashia :reindeer:
 
Hi Tashia ... Glad you enjoyed your sewing... I'm afraid I'm useless at anything like that .... Not very creative... Would love to be. It's turned very wet here in the UK but still 12 degrees so mild... Do hope you are keeping warm... Very costly though to keep turning the heat up but you have to stay warm.. Do hope you get your cancellation date soon,,, get that last hip done and you will be a new woman. Know what you mean about pets. We have always had rough collies (like Lassie) but since my hips have been bad have not been able to have pets. Would love to have another... Nothing like snuggling up with a loving dog. Sending lots of love your way... Take care.., Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hoppy Nanny, Pets are the greatest. I will get one after I get back on my feet. Possible the start of summer which will be good timming. I was thinking of doing some traveling this summer so I could see some quilts that other people make but that too will have to be delayed. I have found that if you love to look at things sometimes just being able to enjoy there beauty just as much as making them. If you could what kind of animal would you get? Having animals is so great. When we both recover we both need to get a animal. That will be a wonderful day. In the mine time take care and make sure you stay warm. I did get some stronger pain pills today and tonight I am light headed. I know it will get better as my body gets use to the dose. Take care. :mer xm: Tashia :nativity:
 
Hi Tashia, Yesterday including myself everyone who walked into PT was complaining about stiffness and pain.I know I was stiff for certain. I even took a warm bath to loosen up my knee as I was stiff and in pain. I took pain medication as soon as I put both feet on the floor. Not necessarily pain in the knee more joint pain all over from RA.
Tashia, I give you a lot of credit.... 2 knees, one hip done and another hip to be done. You are good. You will be a new woman for certain. I have the heat up in the house, I also have a heated mattress pad cover that is wonderful. Lovin it. I had one before and it conked out on me. As soon as the weather turned I ordered another one. The storm Saturday was in and out. There is another one that has started now leaving a blanket of white stuff. It is supposed to warm up this week. That will be a blessing.

I am right there with you and Happy Nanny. I love pets, I have three cats and they all have three cats. They all have three different personalities. One is wise about the heated mattress cover so when I get up he jumps in my spot. They are so funny! Tashia and everyone, Have a great day. Will be relaxing, exercising, and doing some cleaning today. :dancy::ereindeer::presnt::santa clap:
 
chestnc, I am glad you are safe and warm. Today was a nice day and not too cold. My pain medication is so far working, so I guess I needed to change to something difference. My hip feels so much better. Take care and don't overdo it. :ereindeer::mer xm: Tashia:nativity:
 
Today has been a lazy day and not to cold one. My knees feel very good today bacause of taking a easy. For once I had a real lazy day. In the morning I had the stiff knees but they get better as I move them. I finally got to sign up in the hip waiting group. I feel so exciting about it all. I think the knees are always battleing bending. I find from day to day my rom changing so now I find that I need to except if one day I don't have much rom that I need to work on it so the knees can have the best bending they can have. One things I do love is being able to get into cars without any trouble and going up and down steps without thinking about. Staying active is important as long as you also get to rest and not overdue it. Take care and make sure you are careful when walking on ice and snow. :ereindeer: Tashia :nativity::bells::snow dig:
 
Tonight I didn't go to sewing. I didn't feel safe enough to drive. With the cold weather its cold on the hip and I don't want to get it angry. I also realized that its just a couple of months before my final surgrey. And after that I can start reducing the dose. My nightmare is almost over. Its sure been long one. But everything is turing out the way its surpose too. Everyone do take care and remember with this weather wheather its hot or cold it can be damgerous. Take care.
 
Taking it easy here too, enjoying a hot cup of tea, with my feet up.
You are on your way to getting the other hip done :yay:, and getting on with life.
Stay safe, and stay warm,:santa:
 
Tashia....it so good that your nightmare will soon be over......yes, we can both get an animal when our hips are done.......I would have another collie dig...I miss mine so much...I still have a little snivel when I think of them and just how much love they gave us.....but I know it would be unfair to have one until I can feel fit enough to take it on long walkies. Glad you are sorting out your meds.....the weather here us wet so not helping the joints at all...hoping you can get out soon for your quilting . Do hope you have a happy Xmas and some relief from pain.....much love to you.......Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Tashia so sorry you are having problems and pain with your hip. This colder weather does seem to cut you to the bone sometimes. My knee is progressing nicely. I am enjoying this Christmas so much more than last year when I seemed to sit all day just pointing my walking stick at things that needed doing. Many times in the last year you have said comforting and wise words to me regarding my recovery for which I Thank You and I wish you a Very Happy Christmas and a Very Very Happy New Year :ereindeer::presnt::reindeer:
 
robynhood, thank you so much for the words. It helps me now that I am having ruff days. But just think in a couple of months we can join you on the recover trail and we can go together. Yes better days are ahead for the both of us. Take care and do stay warm. Tashia:ereindeer::mer xm: Tashia:reindeer:
 
We having wonderful weather and so the sun and heat does feel good. I have a dentist appointment and not looking forward to it. Now with the dentist out of the way I will be ready for the new hip. My knees are doing great and are getting better. I am having some problems with the new medication. I am going back to the old dose for a couple of days. Then intorduce stronger really slow. I have had some bad news that my sisters son has died so I may be sad and Christmas will be ruff. Take care and remember we belong to BoneSmart and we are so Lucky. :cheers::yay::happydance::egypdance::ereindeer: :mer xm::nativity::reindeer::reindeer:Tashia
 
Tashia,
My condolences to you and your sister on the passing of your Nephew.
:console2:
I hope your dental visit went well, one less thing to worry about.
Love and caring to you and your family during this difficult season,
 
As I read all your comments its brings joy to my heart. My knees have been very good but I can tell that my hip is causing some problems. When the hip gets done all will be well. finelly after all these years. I do hope that if someeone is reading this knowing they too need both and a hip done. It will be a ruff but it can happen Just remember to go very slow and don't rush things. Take care and do know you have friends here and please come here when you need to be with us. Don't forget the hugs. Tashia
 
My knee has informed me that it feel saf that I am in pain with the hip. But it just has to wait for a while and it will be done. Feeling very down right now but I know that I have just a couple of months and I will be without this bone on bone. I do hope everyone is having a good day and that you are with your family. :reindeer::mer xm:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom