TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

How are you?

That is a wonderful Thanksgiving; good food and good company, what more could we ask for! :)

As for me, I am doing fine. My sister hosted Thanksgiving dinner and it was also wonderful and I ate waaay too much. But it was so good, I called them up and invited myself over for leftovers today. :heehee:

Now it's time to head back to work on Monday after being unapologetically lackadaisical in a well fed stupor all week and now that I'm caught up on my sleep. A few more weeks and I'll take more vacation, so cool!
 
Well I have had my Thanksgiving. The only problem is when you visit a friend, you don't get the trukey left overs. I love leftovers. I did have trukey sandwich on the train. It was so good. Being very lazy today. Later today I will go and have dinner and maybe some shopping. I am a little stiff but not bad. Everyone do take care and I hope that everyone is safe and tummy full. Tashia
 
tashia. Just read some of your lovely posts as a fairly newcomer to Bonesmart....what a lovely person you are....your posts are very heartwarming especially since you have been through do much but give out lovely positive vibes . Glad you had a good Thanksgiving... Sadly we don't celebrate that in the UK. Hope you enjoy putting up your Xmas decs.... It's been so long since I have been able to enjoy that process due to hip pain but 9 weeks on from THR feel able to participate. Here's to looking forward. I look forward to reading more from you . Best wishes ...Chrissie xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you so much Chrissie, I am glad that you are joining us and start getting to know us. I see that you are getting ready to get a hip. Which one are you getting? My hip so seldom hurts but the other one is trying to my patience. I harldy know that my right hip is not the one I was born with. I will drop by and read your post. 9 weeks will go by so fast, then you will start recovering. My doctor didn't have me do much and it came out great. Take care and please drop by whenever you want. Tashia
 
So glad your new hip feels like your own... Good to hear. Had my right hip done 9 weeks ago and it's been fairly good.. Ups and downs but now feel have made good progress ... It doesn't feel like mine yetbut sure it will. My other hip will need doing in the future but am glad to have no pain. Just living BS and all who post here... Saved my sanity... Best wishes.. Chrissie xxxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hoppy Nanny, Living the Bonesmart way is a good way to live. Take it slow and it will in time be great. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Just stopping by to say, HI!, and hope you are keeping warm. Staying warm here.
Here is a cuppa Hot Cocoa for you :mcoffee:.
 
Pumpkin, Thanks for the Hot Cocoa, It was really good. Hadn't had one for some time. Got all my Holloween stuff put away and now trying to find all the Christmas decoration so I can get this place in the season. The tree is up so that is good. I don't have the orements on it yet. I live it up till after Easter. So I have all the other stuff in another tub. The Christmas one is out in the storage outside so I will have to get my woolies on to get it. All I need is to start getting ready for my class this weekend and hope that its not snowing when I need to go to class or get home. Please stay warm and keep that knee nice and warm. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia hope you are well and keeping well. The weather in the UK has turned really bad. Storms floods winds. Ok where I live but a lot of people have no electricity and can't go back to their homes. My decorations are all up. It's my granddaughters party tomorrow and I wanted the house looking festive. I love Christmas and I'm enjoying it this year because last year I was hobbling along with my walking stick.I hope you a lovely weekend. Take Care
 
Oh Pat, Are you ok? I have heard about the weather. Its sad that it hit this time of the year. Its never a good time but when people are trying to keep warm and safe its ruff. I take it that you are ok with your granddaughters are coming and having a party. Here in the states we are a ruff time also. We have a hard freeze waring this weekend and maybe some snow. All the States are bitter cold and also having lots of wind. Mother Nature seems to be doing some ruff weather. I pray that we all make it thru this storm and the ones to come. Stay warm and I hope that you have a good weekend with your granddaughters. Take care, Tashia
 
I just found out today that I get to have a new hip. after this I will be finished. Thank God. Poppet, I will be getting a new hip. Live Life to the Fullest! Tashia
 
Wow Tashia, when will that need to occur? Oh my. But they say Hip is an easier recoup than knee replacement. Though both require a lot of work so that it will work properly.
 
It will happen this Spring, I think. I have to get in line for this doctor because he is so good. Its worth the wait. I knew that someday I would need this. I am trying to think whats it going to be out of pain. Well I need to get my tree decorated so I will start working on it. Good night and stay warm. Tashia
 
Poppet, I find that some time things get in the way. I now have to wait for the other hip. I think you are too if I remember right. I will have the same type. This time I will not be so stressed out because I don't have a house and a neigborhood to worry about. In fact all I will have to do is show up. Isn't that cool. I am keeping my caregiver so that is good. I know its expensive but it does help me get things done so its worth it. My flowers look quite good for the cold weather. I think we are to get warmer so I will be able to put them back up so I can see them. Which reminds me I need to get the poinettas for Christmas. I was sad that I had to put all the dog stuff into storage today. It looks like it will be a while before I can think about a dog or cat. :tantrum: But its wrong to get one knowing that I will have to board it for a while after the surgrey. To think this one is the last is so great. :yay: Before I know it, I will have a new one to join my other one. Poppet make sure you live life to the fullest. Love ya. Tashia:ereindeer:
 
Today was a lot warmer. Got my plants a good drink of water and let them have some sun. Tonight they are now all tucked away with a cover and in bed with a warm blanket over their heads. My knees are a little sore but I am starting to wonder if the are hurting because of my bad hip. My foot is also starting to hurt more and I think its from not walking right because of the hip pain. We are warming up and if the pain is still a problem I may ask for the doctor to increase the medication. I am not happy about this but there is nothing I can do about it. I realized last night that I won't be able to go to camp this Spring. I really disappointed about it but it is what it is. I hope that everyone is nice and warm. I hope that everyone is not hurting. Take care. Tashia:ereindeer:
 
I agree, your hip pain is hurting your feet and knees. I am looking forward to a pain free life for you :yes:.
Sorry your daughter does not think you are doing so well. You are going out so much more, and are back making your quilts, that is a big improvement from just a few months ago.
:sleigh:
 
Today was a more painful day. I am getting concern on how fast the pain in my feet are becoming. I'm going to a special sewing tomorrow. I am starting to want to isolate and just sleep. I know this isn't good but I don't want to hurt. The one spot in the hip is really shot so I am really feeling down about it. I am so tired of this. I just want to be done with it. Well I have had my cry, it still isn't fair but that the way it goes. I hope that you are having a good week. Take care. Tashia
 
:console2:Sad to hear your hip and your feet are hurting:sad:. So hard when one part causes other parts to suffer too.
Hoping the time passes fast until your surgey and your pain being gone.:puppysmooze:
 
I guess I am on the pity pot. I got to a place where I could do things, then day by day I started slipping. I enjoyed the pain free days so much and now my feet hurt. I will change my shoes tomorrow to see if it helps. Also I will have to call to see if they have made all the schedule for the surgrey. I am surpose to be on the waiting list for last minute calls. I haven't old my daughter yet. She usually comes out in the Spring so I am trying to decide what to do. First Christmas, then New year, then Valentines days must come first. My plants look pretty good. I wish they had blossoms but the cold has taken care of them. After the tree I will go outside and make it look pretty. Then I will focus on my sewing because I can do that sitting down. I came up with a neat idea for a quilt so we will see if it works. The weekend is coming and I hope it will be pretty. Take care. Tashia:ereindeer: :nativity:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom