TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today was a great day. Went shopping and got some things for my plants. Also had my hair cut. feel so much better and finding that my knees are better. After a long nap they are a little sore. I fiquared out my foot problem is the foot message that I had. I will have to stay away from them. I am thinking of planning some trips by myself. I will try to start driving at least a hour a day and start working up from that. I am getting stronger and now need to build up my strength. I am also thinking about maybe starting to go back to my cermic. Once a week would be good. this probly won't happen until Jan. I do have problem with the knee that was done. I have a mettle piece that is just under the skin. It doesn't hurt but I can feel it. That knee is feeling so good, I don't want to have anything happen to it. Remember to take a day at a time and take care. Tashia
 
Pumkin, My stomach is getting a little better. I find that eating more often helps a lot. Fall colors are so beautiful. We are so lucky to have such a Fall. We do need rain, I hope that it starts soon. Take care. Tashia
 
I cann't believe I am saying this but I think my knees are starting to think about recovery. As they debate the issue I contiune to improve. The bending of the knees are no longer a issue because they bend and don't hurt. I have no idea on the ratio. Sometimes at night they are a little sore and swollen but as the night sleep comes and morning is here they are no longer swollen. It depends on what I am doing and trying to do if I get tired. Sometimes I find myslef tired and feeling down after a busy day. It has been a very long journey and a very hard one for all the surgrey that I had to go thru. And with the best doctor at my side the hip and knees are now very good. There were times in the years that I didn't think I would even make the other side. But with the help of Bonesmart and many good friends at this site I knew I wasn't alone and was able to do the fight. Now the fight to some dregree is still on but it seems to me more like just a new day. My Cancer is also gone and so the fight was so worth it but I do at times feels so tired over the battles. They have left there marks and will in time the scares will be less seen and normal like will again be here. I still have times that I think the true normal will never happen, then I come here among my friends and I know I will make it. walk a mile and still stay its a good day. I love my flowers in the patio and I realisted that it had been over 6 years for me to have and enjoy this many plants. My sewing is coming along slow but steady. I am going to class again and being able to joke and laugh again. Part of me wonder what furture is out there but then I remember a day at a time and slow easy does it is on the schedule and I will find it when it time. I know many out there are just starting your journey and have lots of fears like I did but take a moment of time and you will be able to handle it. Also remember no matter what the journeys give you I belive that there is someone here that has traveled your road and is on the recovery tail and will help you make it. This jouney is really a test of trust and belief. I found that it was tested many times and staying in for the fight was worth it and with all of you by my side, made it so much easier. Please believe that you will make it and that the journey was worth. I know at times you will wonder if it was worth it and some of you will have some real ruff times but do keep going. Don't look back, keep looking forward and if you need help remember we are here and read our stories and see what can be overcome. Take care and remember we are here. Tashia
 
Today is a very quiet day and a restful one. Yesterday was one of the days that no nap was needed. However was very tired when I went to bed. Now as I look forward I can help but be humbled by my expereience. I am so greatful that we have come this far so that people like me don't have to live the rest of their lives in horrible pain wondering when the pain was going to stop. I do know the furture is not written yet but I do know that I will have many monents of succeful moments. With the holidays coming I for once think I will have a Holiday without the horrible pain and be able to spend it with friends. Today is also a cleaning house day which I find I always will have. When I was young I was told that robets would be doing house work for you and you no longer had to think of such a chore. Well if I had to chose i will take the knee and hip total replacements instead of robets doing house cleaning. Everyone take care and do remember that today is a good day and a good day to be alive. Tashia
 
Went for a very long ride yesterday and it was good but tiring. Now I need to get to the ocean. I will try in December to make it if the weather is good. Its so good to feel free again. Still have distance to go but so much better. I did notice that my hip swollen a little. This is a process and it does take long. We do need some rain. Everyone do take care and be careful with the Fall being almost gone and Winter coming. tashia
 
Great to hear you can drive longer distances, you will make it to the ocean soon at this rate! :happydance:
Ready for Halloween :yikes: :shocked: tonight, and at work the kids will be trick or treating this morning.
 
I forgot to have a party oh well, we can have one next year. We don't get any children here at the apartment which is sad. Tomorrow I will have some things to do to help clean up my sewing room. I need a bigger room. I also hope to sew in the evening. I got some new patterns today and they are so cool. I hope to be able to get them started. It will take some time to make then because they have lots of sewing and small blocks. My knees hurt today because of yesterday. They need to lean to accept driving which is a new activity for them since they havn't done it for a while. Hope to sleep better tonight since I am not so tired. So one day I drive and the next I take a easy. Recovery is so slow but so worth it. Everyone take care with the weekend coming up and with the weather being as it is. Tashia
 
Went out for lunch and was very surprised how long I stayed out. I left around 11 and didn't get home till 3:30. Wow it felt great but was really tired. After a nap was ready to go again. I spent the rest of the day working on my sewing and patterns. It feel so good to be able to think about the future and know I will be able to have some. I can't believe how down I became after my hip was done. But I am back up. I love driving now and am getting my self-confiendence back. Now I know that all this process makes you look at everything in life at least it did me. Now I feel that I am making a brand new life. Which is great. I do pray for all of you to have the strength and will to take this on and make the very best of it. I know that its hard and very trying but it is so worth it. Take care. Tashia
 
Had a very busy day. I look forward to the day that I don't need a nap in the afternoon but it still is very much part of my life. My stomach comes and go as far as not hurting. I may have to get a second opion but I am very concern about the doctor I do have. I have to work it out. Over a couple of months ago I was so concerned about my feet and hip and knees now it nice to think its just the stomach. I will start watching my diet closer to see if that helps. I still think that some of this is nerves. I will have to look at all of this. So far I do consiter me getting so much better. I now can walk, climb stairs, and walk on uneven ground. Also driving is now very normal. I do need to learn how to work the map and gps. Of course I am talking about a computer. I am also working with my sewing machine which also has lots of computer work. Now that it is November I am reminded that the new year is coming and will be a good one. I do have a hip that is giving me some problems but both knees are done and so is one hip. I do have some trips coming up and to rejoin the world I find so exciting. Everyone do keep taking one step and then another. I do know it can be very hard and very painful. But all so worth it. Remember this is not a race and you have all the time you need. Also all the surport you need is here. for those who are living at home alone, I know the journey is harder because I also live along. But you can make it and remember to come here and let us know how you are doing and if you have questions please ask. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
How are you doing with the change in weather?
Here is the last rose bud for this season. I thought you would enjoy a photo.
[Bonesmart.org] This time I am doing it right and having a blast

I noticed the lilacs are already budding for next year. Nature is amazing!
Hope you had a good weekend, take it easy this week, and stay warm,
 
Tashia....I'm just catching up with your thread and am pleased to hear how well you are doing these days!!! You have been such a strong supporter of others here on BoneSmart and I don't know what we'd do without you!!! It's good that you're getting your life back too. I could hear the smile in your post and it made me smile too!!!

You've certainly earned all these good things, so go out there and get 'em, gal!!!! We're taking the happy ride right along with you.
 
Pumkin, the picture is so cool. Today is really cold today and my knees are sore. I think that I need to keep the apartment a little warmer. Today is a down day. I don't know if its my stomach or just the fact it is no longer daylight saving day. I do hope the Christmas light start going up early this year. I will put a lot in the storage so I can go thru things and get rid of stuff I really don't need. I have some of my husbands stuff that I need to get rid of. Its time. When the New Year starts I hope to have less stuff so when I do moveI won't have a lot to move. I don't need two bathroom. I need more storage room. Well that all from me. Everyone do take care and remember every day is different. A few days will be down but do remember is just a day. The next day is a new day and will be different. Take care Tashia
 
Jamie, Thank you for droping by. It has been a long time hasn't it? I do hope that I will be able to travel again like I use to. Its been so long. Of course all of you are welcome to come along. This site is GREAT. Take care and remember A Day at a Time. Tashia
 
Tashia,
You have accomplished so much this year getting your sewing room organized. Now you are starting on your storage locker, and downsizing.
It is hard to let go of some of the stuff we have, but good to clear out things you no longer need.
It is always difficult to let go of a spouse's possessions, I haven't had that experience but know it is not easy.
Sending you organizing thoughts as you get ready,
 
@ Bottomshollow, and Pumpkin, Thank you for dropping by and saying HI. I find today that I need encouragement for I feel very down. I don't know if its going through my Husband things or change in time. It gets so dark so early and cold. I know that Christmas lights are going up to cheer up the moods. I an very glad that I will be able to drive and see the lights this year. This year has been amazing and unbeliable in the things I got done but I find myself getting unpatience with myself because I still have so much to do. My knees are doing great and so is the hip. Even my feet are doing great. Now if I could just feel better emotionally. I find that I am doing lots of sleeping. But now I have to confess that I have been under stress for so long I don't know what normal is. When I found I had Cancer my friends circled around me and helped me so much but as my knees went so bad and my hip I found them leaving and not even bothing to say Goodbye. The conculsion I came to is people are so unconfable being around people that are in pain that they leave. I was taught to help and if they needed a read to go some where you took them. Now I find that this is no longer true. When I do go to sewing I find that my old friends hardly say HI. When I laugh it with new people that I don't know. I know that we had to move a lot and that does put stress on keeping contact but something happens when your sponse dies. One by one they leave. also. I know its hard to be around people that seem to have pains that last for a long period of times but now I want to celebrate and no one is here. I come here and see my friends that have helped me so much and still are here. You are worth your weight in Gold. I wish people could come here and see that people do have pains and very big challenges but we do get thru it and most important we open our arms for hugs and accept everyone as they are. We don't cut people down, we help people get up. I don't know what I would of done without this. I do plan to come here and help people. There are times I feel I can never give back all the love I received here but I can try. Winter is here and is getting dark is part of it. Well I better get doing something or nothing will get done. Again thank you so much for dropping by and saying HI. Tashia
 
:friends:Sorry to hear your old friends have dropped you because of the your aches and pains.
I think two things happen to contribute to this, we nolonger get out as much, and our friends move on with their lives. It is not the whole story, and can happen with all major life changes. Sorry your old sewing friends are not welcoming anymore. Glad there are new friends sewing you can laugh with.
Wish I had some pearls of wisdom for you, just keep on mov'n on. :flwrysmile:
Here is a little celebration dance for you. :egypdance: :yay: :yahoo: :dancy: :yahoo: :happydance:
 
My stomach was terrible today and I wonder how my pain is doing in my hip that hasn't been done yet. I have a appointment Friday to see whats up. I came home and took some pain pills and fell asleep and wroke up in just a little pain. I have been pushing to do some physical actiivity and I believe I pushed too hard. I keep forgetting that its just been a little over a year with my knee. My knee is so much better than any of the other ones that was done and I keep thinking that its been longer. I do have trouble with the time change. The good part is that it is only four months and then a longer light days. Tashia
 
Dear Tashia......so sorry your were feeling blue. It comes to all of us at times. I think this time of year as winter is coming on we all feel it to some degree. Just know that on those gloomy days and early nights, the sun can shine in your heart enough to warm you. I believe that the best remedy is to do something nice for someone else. It could be a friend you know from your sewing groups, maybe even a stranger, or possibly some of the BoneSmart members who are hurting and posting on the forum. It might even be that little furry pup you find someday. In any case, when a person gives of themselves to others, it is returned to you many times over. Here's hoping for a sunny day for you tomorrow!! I love your statement that, "It's only a day." That's so true and tomorrow promises to be all brand new.

You are wonderful at giving to others......your many friends here will attest to that!!! So, whenever you feel a little down, do come here and let us give you hugs and love. You deserve it!!!
 
Big hugs Tashia, I'm going to start reading your thread. I didn't realise you've lost your husband too. You have had such a lot of trauma and so many big changes.
It's cold here in the UK now, and raining almost every day. We're thinking of getting our Christmas tree out super-early to cheer us up.
Anyway, it's the middle of the night, steroids for the cancer keep me awake, so I'm going to have a cup of tea and try to get back to bed, where it's warm at least.
Sue.:console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom