TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

My joints were sore yesterday but good today. I even cleaned my patio so getting it ready for winter. I find that when I drive my hips do hurt so I must rejust my seat. In cleaning my patio I found some things I need to get rid of. Its so pretty to see plants. I don't have many flowers that are blooming at the minute. I am tired tonight so I hope to have a good night sleep. My left foot really bothered me last night. Not sure what is going on. I hope that you enjoy tomorrow and don't get too cold. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia.....get some pansies and plant them on your patio. They can withstand really cold weather and will bloom into the winter months to give you some color!
 
Jamie, That is so true, I had forgotten, Thank you so much. I will some tomorrow. Thanks my dear friend. Tashia
 
Tashia,
I agree, pansies are the best. Pansies are tough little flowers that will give you much pleasure throughout the winter.
Hope you are having good days, with your knees and hips.
 
While driving home today my hip hurt. I don't know what happen but it really hurt. Now after a nap I feel better. I just got a call from my doctor and they are going to send me all the x-rays and information on my knees and hip. I was so sick I really didn't ask the doctor what was up. Now that I am so much better I need to know what happen in surgrey. I hava some muscle and nerve damage and I think this will answer my question. I know I put the surgies off way too long and that does do damage them. I can't believe how much better I feel. They are still at times sore but nothing like the mmm before. Its amazing what a person can go thru and make it. I know that having on the best OS really improve your chances. I am really impressed I asked for the stuff this afternoon and the office called me tonight saying that they are sending to Patience Assistance tomorrow and late tomorrow or Wednesday I can pick it up. She told me that all the xray on the knees and hip are on the cd. I am really impressed. The weather is changing and is cold in the morning. Feels so good. take care my friend and enjoy the Fall in the air. Tashia
 
Today was wonderful. Went for a long ride and enjoyed the view. I keep getting better each day and know that someday I will able to forget the medication. Last night I was so tired of a very busy day I fell asleep and wroke up this morning at 7 in the morning. Didn't hurt but was stiff. This is a good thing to happen to me because it does mean I am getting better. One thing I have notice is that my leg that was last done is getting better faster than the other knee. Would I do it differently? Of Course but the good thingI am better. Its so great to be alive. Please take care. Tashia
 
Today has been a lazy day. Thrudsay I got a flue shot and I was really tired today. I also did lots of stuff so that added more reason to be tired. My plants are so pretty on the patio. I am now ready for Fall. I did some fabric that I have been playing with every siince I got it. The colors are so beautiful and will make anything that I use them for georus. I have put them with my stash so they now have a place to stay until they are needed. My knees are getting so much better. I can walk further and I also have notice that when I get up from siting I don't have the pain when you first walk. WoW, Whee, More success. I also notice that I can walk further than before. Oh, This is wonderful and I know if you are reading this while waiting for a new knee, I do hope this brings on excitement and hope for a painful time and will be able to walk again and get back your life. Being able to play with your children and all that life can brings. I know that waiting for the surgrey was the hardest part and waking up from the surgrey wasn't fun but it was so worth it. I now know I will have a much better life. Some things still aren't perfect but everything does take time and I am so willing to wait. Everyone do take care and do remember this is not a race. Getting to recover is what you want and very slow it is. Tashia
 
My knees are doing great and getting better every day. Hope that everyone is going slow because that is the secret. Everyone do take care and remember to take care of your self. Tashia
 
Had a ruff day. Didn't feel the best. Now I am on the medician like I surpose to and do feel better. Tonight I burned my hand fixing dinner. OW. It now feel better but it is sore. I will keep ice on it and it will be ok. I will feel much better tomorrow. Everyone do take care and make sure you take care of yourself, you are very important.
 
Today is a good day. I am so lucky that I get more good days than bad. Even my bad days are nothing like before. Both are doing great. My knee that was done last year is doing better than the one that was done before. I think it is because I didn't take my time with the first one. Boy do we all learn the hard way. Everyone do take care and do remember to go slow. It does pay off. I know first handed how emotional it is but it is so worth it. Take care and do remember taking care of you as number one is the way recovery happen. Tashia
 
Today was a good day but a very sleepy one. Tonight I went through some of my tops that are finished and need to be quilted. I was trying to remember how long this have been this way and I must say I am at a blank. I realize that since 2011 my life seemed to stop and all my energy was being used to live with pain then to get new knee and hip. My pain did not get under control until after 2012 and that is a very long time. There is nothing that can work for bone on bone. I realized how my work stopped and now I am trying to get it restrighted. I am doing great in some fields but very slow in other. I am trying to drive more and be with people more. Friday was a totally wonderful day. It was tirying but oh so worth it. I need more of those days. My knees are starting to do so great. They do still swell if I am on them too much but the time on them is increasing every day. I can go for almost 4 hours without any trouble. That is so cool. Sometime I can take it to 6 hours. My life is coming back nice and slow and I belive that is the way its to be. Everyone take care and do remember to go slow. Don't think this is a race. If you do think it is a race you will lose and I don't want that because it will mean that you will be in pain longer and no one wants that. Tashia
 
Hi Tashia, good to hear your improving and enjoying life again. Have fun.
 
Hi, Margaret, Thanks for dropping by. How are you these days. I hope that your singing is coming along. Take care. Tashai
 
Had a wonderful massage and a foot message. Oh it was so great. Got home and took a nap. Today weather was so beautiful with all the Fall colors. Can hardly wait for out true first rain. Knees are doing so good. Take care and do remember you need to listen to them. They know when to rest and when to play. Take care.
 
Dealing with trouble stomach. Had a real bad attack last night. My knees are doing great and are getting stronger. Didn't drive today but did some putting fabric together for a quilt. Having a little trouble with my left foot. My knees like the message but my foot didn't. The weather is great. I do hope that everyone had a good day and remember to take the pain medication like you are surpose too. Its so improtant and will make the recover so much easier. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
I hope your tummy and foot are feeling better and you are able to get out and about. The weather this weekend is supposed to be warm, a great time to get out and see the fall colors.:friends:
 
Pumpkin, I so agree. We are having a beautiful Fall. The morning are nice and cold and by noon it is warm. I see where I grew up has had a couple of feet of snow. The skies are very happy all the slopes are open I understand. Good start to ski weather. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
How is your tummy? I am hoping you are feeling better and can enjoy the beautiful fall weather.
Like you the mornings are cold here, Brrrrr, and the afternoons are warm (70's). Went for a walk along the river to enjoy the color and the sound of the rushing water. There were a few dogs playing in the river and having a great time splashing around in the cold water. Perfect fall temperatures for an afternoon walk this season.:SUNsmile:
Here's to our knees and hips getting better on this very slow ride we are having to recovery.:cheers:
 
I am feeling better, I guess. I will have to call the doctor and see if I can see someone to look at it. I went to sewing and was able to stay for almost the whole night. Driving home was a little diffecult because I was so tired. The very good news is the knees and hip didn't complain about how much I was on them. Today was a very lazy day to say the least. This week I hope to try some day sewing. At night is when I have most of the trouble with driving. I am realizing this is very much like when I was recoving from Cancer. You take a day at a time. And try to go very slow not to get too tired. Getting tired comes with it. The one thing is different is that I have to avoid getting my knees and hip angry so that they will hurt. So staying patience is the secret. This Fall is really beautiful to say the least. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
How are you? I hope your stomach is feeling better.:SUNsmile:
The beautiful fall continues here, the best colors we have had in years.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom