TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Hello Tashia, you ask the same question I think of all the time. I only last 30mins doing things around the house, before I need to rest with leg elevated. I do hurt every step, when I weight bear....so annoying.
Great you do not have pain. I think.........TURTLE POWER RULES.......LOL. :giggle:
Its brilliant you can clean house, and do for your self, I am hopeless, takes me ages just to fold up washing, and I sit to do it.
I believe Thyorid, can really slow you down, and needs a lot of care, meds and diet.
I love a pot plant or two around, although I have scaled down and given heaps away to friends of late, need to scale down for the big shift of house Tuesday. Sorry you dont live closer you could have had the lot, they would keep you very busy.
Im not much help to you sorry, Im not sure how to find motivation, may be an exercise group, they have a brilliant one at our local pool, the ladies exercise in the water, chat during the session. Afterwards they go out for a cuppa, Before operation I used to join them some time, it was an older girls group 50 to 75 years of age group.
Hope it cools down soon for you, Im busting for warmer weather, so over the cold.
Take care, thinking about you. XO
 
Knee pain, Your time will come to not hurt. It takes time and lots of patience. I hope the warm weather comes soon for you and the cold weather for me. When is your surgrey? I bet you can hardly wait. I think its the waiting that is the worse. I wish the minute that you find out that you need surgrey, that it could be done within the next couple of days. I don't know about you but I had all the days free because I couldn't do anything any way so lets get on with it. I started getting the plants I really like. One of my faviotes is a Hoya plant called Hindu Rope. It is so different and beautiful. Also one called the Pregent Onion plant. It looks like a onion plant but is not food. Its very different. Before I had Cancer I raised African Violets Plants. I had hundreds of them and I also compeated with them. Looking for the perfect plant. Never got one but hay you can try to get one. They are such beautiful plants but I don't want to take the time for that now. I had a whole room full in the house but now I don't have much room in the apartment. I am thinking of turning my patio into a greenhouse. Not much will fit on it and no dought that is good. I also love fushias. My apartment doesn't have much light in the living room so I have to be careful and get the right plants or they won't live long. I noticed the trees are starting to turn so Fall is coming. We need rain so the fires can be put out. Breathing fresh air would feel so good. Hope that your Spring flowers get blooming soon so the warm can come. Take care and do go slow. Tashia
 
Got to get out of the house today. I also got to look for dogs. Didn't find one but I know she is out there. Will try to take a easy tomorrow and do more driving. Everyone do take care with all the fires. I know they are about out but the smoke is still being a pain. Also be careful of the heat. So great to see the lower numbers. Tashia
 
Pumpkln, Happy Birthdaay, I hope that your knee is being a very good knee to day and will be better in the furture. May it carry you to whatever you want to do. That goes for dancing, hiking, biking and all the other funs stuff. Tashia
 
Well I am home and wondering how Toni surgrey went. I had to leave before she got out. the drive home was so great. It was good to be on the road again.. I now starting to feel free again. I enjoyed meeting a fellow Bonesmart and having a great time. I do wish it had to be fun and not what it was but I enjoyed it greatly.
Didn't have much trouble with the knees driving so I can say I made a big step forward. I was stiff when I got up but I did so much more than I usually do. Now home and waiting for a phone call to see if all is well. Loved the drive and to get away. everyone do take care of all the wether. I found out that Colorado is really in trouble with floods so please send lots of prays that way. Take care. Tashia
 
I woke up early this morning. I had a very big day yesterday so I feel asleep early in the evening. This last weekend was so great. I finally got out of town. It was so freeing to drive the freeway. As I was going to meet a friend I fround myself to some degree a little afraid becasue would I get so tired that I would fall asleep. When I had the knee done in June I drove a couple of months later and almost wrecked becasue I almost fell asleep a block from my house. I don't thing we stop and think about the toll that this surgrey does on our body. It is such a major surgrey and all the body is stressed. It takes lots of months before the body comes back from this. The first year is a trail but you do make it if you go slow. If you don't you pay a price that makes the recover even longer and more differecult. Remember ice is your friend and so is keeping your leg up. I know that some States are having problems and need all the prays they can have. Take care and please stay safe. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Happy you were able to drive out of town, not to far, but a start for you to take longer trips in the future:thumb:.
Slow and easy is the best.
:friends:
 
Pumpkin, It is a wonderful feeling. I am still waiting for the results of my hip. The shot in my arm has already helped. We are so lucky to have all this stuff avaible so we can get better. I hope that everyone is ok with all the stuff that is going on. Colorado is really getting some ruff weather and need lots of prays. Take care. Tashia
 
Wonderful the shot in your arm is helping :SUNsmile:.
We are so lucky even if it is a hard road, we are so much better off when we have healed and can have our lives back.
 
Pumpkin, Amen to that! Went to a sewing event today and had a good time. I got to see thousands of patterns of embroidery patterns. I really am getting into it. All the bright colors and threads. I did end up with a Asma attack because we were in a brand new building and the rug was brothering me. I don't know if I will go tomorrow or not. We are surpose to have some rain. And the place is over 30 minutes from where I live. I know it will be Saturday so the traiffic won't be as bad as today but that is some distance for one day. I am really tired tonight. I am a little sore, we will have to see how sore in the morning. Everyone really take care and be careful with the weather changing. Tashia
 
:yay: that the sewing event went well, except for the asthma part. I dislike new carpets, and the perfume departments in large stores:eeeuw:.
Rain and cold here today, tomorrow is supposed to be back in the 70's again, I will believe it when I see it.
Hope you had a good day today, and are enjoying the change to fall weather.
 
Yes we got lots of rain and it didn't bother the hip or knees which was great. Didn't do much but was so tired from yesterday. Did have more trouble with asma so started taking my medicane and I notice that my pain went down. I think I was very tense and that does bother the knees. We are surpose to warm up a little. I heard that there was lots of snow in the mountains. Good to not hear the ac turn on. Now to get back and do somethings tomorro. I have all my sewing put away so that is great. I hope you get some snow tomorrow and let the Fall official start. Take care Tashia
 
Wow, your knees and hips did well with the storm:SUNsmile:.
Tashia, I have asthma and your saying that you had some trouble with your asthma and started taking your medication, has me worried. Please talk to your doctor about your asthma medications, you may need to take them regularly to prevent problems with your asthma. It is a pain to take them, I take 3 of them on a regular schedule 2x a day and it makes a huge difference.
I agree no AC is nice, we did turn on the heat this morning, it was 61 degrees in the warmest place in the house.
:friends:
 
Pumpkin, the change in the weather is great. When winter comes is when I have trouble with my Asma and that is when I take the medicane on a regular bases. Sometime I miss the right day to start taking the medicane. New rugs set me off and all the bad air got me having trouble early. Now taking it on the regualar times and do feel so much better eventhough I know it takes time for it to be fully efective. I did get all the medicane refill so I will be ok. Thank you for being concerned. How are your lungs doing now? The smoke is almost all gone and with the rain it smells so wonderful. I haven't turned on the heater yet but I did get a little cold last night and had to curl up with a quilt. This weather is great for doing hand work while the quilt is setting on my lap. My knee did hurt after getting cold. But feel good today. Tomorrow I found out that they are going to do our parking lot so I have to move my car and park it on the street. I'm not happy about this but I don't want it towed either. At least I live in a very quite neightborhood. Well that is what is going on this week. I am trying to drive almost every day this week. I hope everyone has had a good weekend and will have a good week taking care of yourself because you are very important. Tashia
 
I am glad to hear you have all your medications, my asthma is worse in summer, better in the winter. Lungs are almost back to normal since the smoke.
Frustrating:hairpulling: when the pave your parking lot or street and you have to move your car. When they are done you will be happy with your newly paved parking lot :yes:.
Wonderful that your new joints are doing so well, and you are recovering so much faster when they get sore.
Have a great week!
 
Today is great. Got a message and it was wonderful and sore free. I have had to walk more since my car has to be parked a distance from my apartment. I can say now that one of the knees , the one that was done last summer is getting so much better. It is so great that we live in a time that we can be helped. I hope that we have lots of rain this winter. I hope that everyone is ok and doing icing if needed and of couse resting if you need it. Take care and remember you are very important. Tashia
 
A massage sounds wonderful, glad you were able to have one. It is so great when our new joints feel good and we can be active again:happydance:.
Cold here today, the heater came on several times, this weekend we will need AC. The fall is always interesting, every day is a different season, summer warmth, fall coolness, and winter snow all in the span of a few days.
:flwrysmile:
 
I love the bite in the air. Got to do some errands today and got some food. Boy was I low ended up having to go out at to eat and it felt to good. Slowly normal is retuning, it feel so good. I have been busy putting all my sewing away and getting ready to denote a day a week for sewing. Feel so good now its Fall and the oranges, yellows and all the beautiful colors are coming around. Everyone do take care with the cold weather coming and remmeber it could cause some discompent if not dressed right. Tashia
 
Today was a wonderful day with a nice long drive. I was hoping to find Fall colors but failed. After stopping for a good lunch, I returned home. Am a little sore so I think a storm is coming in in a couple of days. Everyone take care and do remember you are important. Tashia
 
:yay:, sounds like a beautiful drive yesterday! Waiting for fall colors here, Mid October is usually the best time.
How are your joints? I hope they are not too sore with the little storm.
Have a great Sunday!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom