TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Question: I am having very stiff knees but after moving them they are ok. What is bothering me is the getting numb in the thigh. It disappeared to almost nothing but is now getting more and more numbness. The area is increasing and lasting for a long time. If I message the area, it hurts with a sharp pain. If I use pressure message it has tingling short pain. Does anyone have this? Its on the leg where I have had a knee and hip replaced. The knee was done in 2010 and the hip in 2011. Why would it hurt now? Pain pills rellive the pain but not the numbness. I thought the numb gets smaller as the years pass instead of getting larger. Any ideas?
 
Tashia,
Is that feeling on the outside of your thigh? Sometimes a nerve gets traped in your groin. I know this because I have it on both sides. Only some numbness and light tingleing sometimes. This is what I have.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meralgia_paraesthetica.
Hope you are feeling better. Smoke less today, can't wait to get out of it tomorrow.
Stay safe!
 
Thank you Pumpkin for the article. The smoke is more today because we had a local fire. We got heat on top of it. Today was a lazy day because of it. Did take a short drive and it felt so good then I came home and dropped a battery on my toe. The toe is not happy at all. It is really black and blue. Icing it and using herb oil on it and its helping. thank goodness it was a double A batterie. OW. Everyone do take care with all the fires around here we are really in bad air. Tashia
 
How is your toe today? Frustrating when stuff like that happens :hairpulling:. Clear here at my Mom's, starting to feel better.
Hope you get out for a drive today.
 
My toe is much better. I put some herbs on it and no swelling but sight bruising. Didn't wear shoes today at all so the toe is healing very well. Did nothing today, finding myself getting very lazy. I don't know if its the smoke or just being lazy. I need to move so my knees will get unsore. I hope that everyone that does go somewhere this weekend is having a good time and will get home safe. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
The air after all the rain is so great. I found myself full of engery and engery to get up and go. Did a lot starting with a message. Oh that felt so good to my sore old muscles. Then went to lunch and errands. Had a good nap and then got some medicane for a month. Found everyone in such a good mood because of the clear air. Hope it stays that way. The fires are getting under control so things are better. Everyone take care and look out for the smoke and fires. Tashia
 
Great day was had. Have been seeing the fires on Australian TV News, I have a bit of an idea were you are. Take care.
 
Knee pain, What fires in your country? Could you give me some news? Knees are in charge and they have moods just like we have monthly. :loll: :heehee: Take care and do be careful.
 
Good morning Tashia, no fires in Australia, I have been watching the fires being reported in United States.....We don't get a lot of news from USA, but the fires we do. Only big news in Australia at the moment is, we are about to go to the polls on Saturday, for a new Government. Compulsory to vote in Australia. You get a $200 fine if you don't vote.
Knee is just aching all the time, now taking 6 to 8 Panadol Osteo over 24 hours, I have just started Endone again. I just had to stop the OxiCotin, I just couldn't function on it. Lol I really believed when coming off the Oxicotin, that I had no pain anymore, I found out the hard way. It's a different pain to the earlier stages of op, it's now just a no 7 constant ache.
I guess your day is ending, have a great peaceful evening. Regards Leonie.
 
Knee pain, I am sorry to hear about the pain. I hope you get it under control soon. I found it interesting that if you don't vote you get a fine. That would be good to have in the US. So many don't vote and it would really make it more interesting. Good luck with the voting. By the time you get this I believe it will be your evening so I hope you have a great night sleep. Take care. Tashia
 
I must say that I am still surprised that I am having trouble going places. I can do short runs but the thought of long distance like a hour to get there still scare me. I can not believe that I am still under lack of self-estem. I am so afraid to get into trouble getting too tired. I must get out of this. Next week I will have a birthday with my hip of two years. This taking up to 5 years to get over it really is trying. I know that I am getting better but the pace is so trying. I know I had three surgies, well actually four because one on my hand. But I thought the body will heal faster. I want to go to the ocean so bad I could cry. Well things are really are great and I shouldn't complain but I needed to get this off my chest. Everyone do take care with all the smoke and the heat coming in. Tashia
 
Having a very lazy day. Did do some driving which I am going to do every day. Must start getting back into doing stuff. Its great to have a good car to drive. Knees feel good. Everyone please be careful with the fires and the heat. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia Im trying to a bit more driving, and trying to do more, but every thing seems to tire out so quickly, its so frustrating. I so hear what your saying.
Slowly wins the race....AHHHHH So want to believe this, but hard some days. We will get their. Regards Leonie. XO
 
Tashia,
Glad to hear you are getting out and about, even if it is a little bit. It always feels good to get out of the house.
 
I put some herbs on it and no swelling but sight bruising.

Tashia, what kind of herb oil did you use? I have bum toe that's been operated in twice. It swells up and throbs from time to time, but it's NOT getting another surgery, so I'm trying to find other solutions. :umm:
 
Blonic woman2, I sent you a private message. I don't like to mention stuff on the post. I did do something today that was so cool I brought some plants for the patio. It felt so good. It was like old time when I could do something and feel so good about it. I do need to get some soil and tranplant them. This I haven't done in years. I mean many years. At least five years. I use to garden a lot but when I got Cancer I lost my interest in so many things. I realize that now. After recoving Cancer I had to work on my knees and hips. I just didn't get a break. Now I am looking at the things I gave up and really didn't care until now. Talk about living in bubble. Pain can so destory your life and make it so diffecult to live. I am know realizing how much I have lost and now am trying to get back to living. I have been crying so much but couldn't fiquare out why now this is no dought what all the tears are about. Wow what a surprise. I had no idea I lost so much. Everyone do take care and follow those dreams and if you lost your dreams like I did, you can find new ones and go for it. take care and do be careful with the heat and the smoke. Tashia
 
Today I took a easy not sure it was a good idea. I am finding I do some thing for one day then I am afraid to do much the next. Now here is the question Am I going too slow? I don't hurt but I don't see me getting any stronger and that does bother me. I need to be able to last at least a whole day and then I could take off the next but I find myself not having enough nerve to push for that whole day. With the heat and bad air is bad so I am ok for not doing much today. I find that by living by myself I don't have a surport system so I don't know where I am in recover. I can drive now for short trips around a hour outing. I can clean the house. Wash and do some cleaning in storage. I don't have yard work so I don't know how I would do in that. really not missing it to tell the truth. I can sew but I find that I lose interest so easy. I know that have trouble with maintaining the right amount of thyorid. It no doubt interfew with it all. I want to get back into plants. I did find some plants that I was missing them so I will be getting them. I always had plants around me before Cancer. Now to get some life around me, talking about a doggie. I really need to get my life together. I need a nice size Spider plant for my bedroom. Haven't found one yet. It helps clean the air in the house. This has been proven. I need movation so bad. Something to get me started in the day. I guess it will come. Everyone do take care and be careful with the fires burning and the heat. We are surpose to start having some cool weather. I will believe that when I feel it. Tashia
 
Hello Tashia, you ask the same question I think of all the time. I only last 30mins doing things around the house, before I need to rest with leg elevated. I do hurt every step, when I weight bear....so annoying.
Great you do not have pain. I think.........TURTLE POWER RULES.......LOL. :giggle:
Its brilliant you can clean house, and do for your self, I am hopeless, takes me ages just to fold up washing, and I sit to do it.
I believe Thyorid, can really slow you down, and needs a lot of care, meds and diet.
I love a pot plant or two around, although I have scaled down and given heaps away to friends of late, need to scale down for the big shift of house Tuesday. Sorry you dont live closer you could have had the lot, they would keep you very busy.
Im not much help to you sorry, Im not sure how to find motivation, may be an exercise group, they have a brilliant one at our local pool, the ladies exercise in the water, chat during the session. Afterwards they go out for a cuppa, Before operation I used to join them some time, it was an older girls group 50 to 75 years of age group.
Hope it cools down soon for you, Im busting for warmer weather, so over the cold.
Take care, thinking about you. XO
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom