TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Spell check and auto-correct are the evil twins of obstacles to clear computerized communication!
Huh? I disagree completely. If I don't know a word, I type in an approchsimation and the machine tells me the correct (not approximate) spelling. Of course sometimes I have to ignore Americanisations :).

It only doesn't work if one doesn't know what a word means, as Pumpkin points out. And it sometimes has relevance here as lots of people use bicycles as part of therapy - some peddle their bikes when they ride them not when they sell them.
 
Roy Gardiner, as usual, you are too funny!!! But if you note your above post, I have put in red misspellings that spell check or auto-correct or Roy Gardiner did not fix. Should be, in order, approximation, Americanization, and Pumpkln.
 
Tashia,
WOW, you spent the day sewing, how long have you waited to be able to sew, seems like forever!:yay:
Back much better, was just muscle spasms, they are calmed down now and no pain. Just need to take it easy so I do not set them off again.
Enjoy your massage next week.
Roy Gardiner,bottomshollow
It would not take Pumkin to join Bonesmart, so I used Pumpkln instead. It was just before Halloween, and it used to be my nick name in college when I was all of 96 pounds.
 
...I have put in red misspellings that spell check or auto-correct or Roy Gardiner did not fix. Should be, in order, approximation, Americanization, and Pumpkln.
In the case of Americanisation, it is of course the spellchequer that's wrong.
 
Spent the day not doing much after a very busy day yesterday. When I got home yesterday I had a 5 hour nap and then went to bed early because of being tired. I have a class coming up and I hope to be able to go. I have notice that my activity level is increasing but after words I end up crying for a while. I know that my life is returning to what I was doing back in 2006. But the crying has gotten me off guard. I don't know whats up. One thing could be that I am finally in recover and getting the life back that I want so bad. But am I doing too much and getting to tired? After the nap which is usually 5 hours I feel fine and the knees are tender but not sore. I spend most of the day pain free with energy. Has anyone had this happen? I plan to keep going but I don't want to hurt myself. This also could be a way of letting go of all the tension that has build up during the years. It really has been a real struggle for me. I now have the want to do something and to go places. I find myself dreaming of doing things again. I would love to have feed back on this. Hows your recovery doing? Take care. Tashia
 
Auto-complete drives me crazy on a touch-screen mobile device--unless I take my fingers off the onscreen keypad to tap the tiny "x" in the pop-up text-box balloon and thus "dismiss" the suggested spelling, I will end up with at best a typo and at worst a thoroughly ridiculous and irrelevant substitution. Spell-check (or "-cheque") is just the opposite: its inherent flaw is that it is style-and-usage-ignorant. Type in "to" instead of "too," "loose" instead of "lose" or "after words" instead of "afterwards" and no corrections will be made: so long as what has been typed is a correctly spelled word in some context, it will not be corrected even if incorrect in the context at hand. I'd like to see a smarter spellchecker/spellchequer that integrates grammar and usage.
 
Wonderful you are having pain free and energy full days! Hope you can get out and travel soon!
 
Auto-complete drives me crazy on a touch-screen mobile device
Me too, I hate touchscreens anyway because I am handicapped by being able to type properly on a normal keyboard.
I'd like to see a smarter spellchecker/spellchequer that integrates grammar and usage.
So would I, and it'll come. Although then it'll be more difficult to spot illiterates because of they're errors.
 
Today I got to go to a class and able to stay the whole day. Was able to do two blocks but did over do it. Tomorrow will find out if I am ok or Oh Dear. My left hip does hurt so I didn't come out without hurting. My knees really got sore but not too sore that I couldn't sew. Was able to drive home without any trouble. Now where I seemed to hurt was my thigh on the right leg. I left about eight thirty this morning and got home about four this afternoon. Had some trouble with my sewing machine so I will have to have it looked at. The tension is off on the top. What a pain. If I hadn't had trouble would it of been fun, I don't know I think in some ways I was so ready and in other ways not ready. So now we will see what tomorrow brings. There is sewing next week so we shall see. I would like to get it done. Its of cats and quite cut. It is fun to do. Got to try some new type of thread. Was good to use it and the colors are ok. I do hope that you all got to do something fun. Please don't get me wrong is was fun but it also was so much work. I came home and did take two pain pills and went to bed. Sleep for my five hours. I took my usually dose this morning the after I got home around four needed to take two. That is still not bad at all. Was also able to put my stuff in the car without too much trouble. Still have a lot to go. I didn't have the right fabric. Oh my does that mean I had to get more? Well of course. Now will settle down and rest. Have a good Day tomorrow. Tasha
 
Sunday was spent sleeping and so was today. Not sore but sure am tired. Was very surprised that I was this tired today. Did have some plans but the eyelids got their ways. I did notice that Sunday my face was swollen like I got into something I was alleargic to. Today the sweliing is going down and is ok. Every time I get new glasses I get this. Well what ever it works out. The heat is coming back in so I must pace my self again toward the end of the week. After sewing Saturday I haven't done any sewing at all. My sewing machines needs to be looked at and I have a class coming up this week so we will see. I am not too sore as I said before but am soo tired. I sure the heat is involed. It was good to find out that I can do something but being this tired does concern me. If I don't get better I will see the doctor. Well this is defently on the road toward recover. Take care and do have fun. Tashia
 
I am still very tired. I think I may have a UT. Will have it checked tomorrow. Of course being very tired after a big day could be just that. I am surprised that it taken three days to come back. Well I will start taking my vit again tomorrow. It starting to build up in heat again. I hate the heat. Everyone do take care and be careful with the heat. Drink lots of water. Tashia
 
Tashia,
UTI's are no fun, get it checked asap. FYI they have home tests at the drugstores. They can really tire you out.
Tahoe is beautiful, and comfortable temperatures. Stay cool, and drink lots of water.
 
Today was a good day, I spent it cleaning and arange my sewing and living room. It is almost there. Thank Goodness, Then I had my hair cut because I am tired with all the heat trying to keep it off my neck. It is getting hot again and I so have had it with the heat. I still haven't made it to the doctor yet. I know that not good but I am feeling better but still so tired. I will try to get tested tomorrow. My new glasses haven't come in yet either. This month is going by so fast. Now for my knees to get better would be great. Everyone do take care with this heat and the cold for Down Under. Tashia
 
Sleepy day and a very warm day. Sleep most of the day. Did try to go to bed early but didn't work. I am not sore or swollen but tired. Will have to take my machine in tomorrow. Slow day will be on the schedule. Take care and be careful with the heat. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Glad you are getting some rest, it started hot here, but has cooled off with thunder heads, no lightening yet.
Staying inside the rest of the day.
Hope you are having your machine fixed so you can start sewing.
 
Tomorrow I will pick up my medicane for UTI. I hope it works quckly because I am so tired. I have a hard time doing anything today but sleep. My left hip is also hurting like the other one did before it got fixed. I sure hope its not going, I need a couple of years of break before any more surgies. I will be glad when Fall gets here so the cool weather can come. Everyone take care. Tashia
 
Hope you feel better after your medication Tashia. Its horrible when you feel so tired all the time and yes you certainly deserve a break from surgeries. Take care and rest well.
 
Hope you are feeling better today, and have started your UTI medication. Those infections can sure make you feel lousy.
Stay out of the heat, and take good care today,
 
Started my medication and sleep the whole day. Tonight I do feel better so the medication is working. I still have a stomach problems but not much. Now doing some wash and will take a easy for the rest of the week. I hope everyone is taking care of themselves. Tashia
 
Tonight I am really tired fighting the UTI. Either sleeping, drinking water or watching tv. Nothing exciting going on. take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom