TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today was hot. hot, hot, and hot, got to 110. This is surpose to be it. We will see. My caregiver came over today so we could go out for lunch. It was a eating place out of town so it was nice to get out. I am back to the dose that the doctor gave me. I started writing it down again because I think I was not taking on time and I really hurt yesterday. Now starting a new leaf in recovery. I realize that I have some time to do things so I will become more active but I must be careful not to overdue. This is my main problem. I am feeling better so now is the time for true patience. Easy does it. With the summer being here I must be very careful. I have had a couple of heat strokes so I can have one easier than if I had't.. The last couple of summer I was so much in pain that I didn't care it was summer so I didn't have to pay attention. It is so great to be free. I know my birthday is coming up so I want to go somewhere but we will see. Everyone do take care but do have fun. Tashia
 
I am able to open my apartment tonight finally. It so good to feel the cool air rushing thru my apartment. I am feeling so much better. Today I sleep most of the day or rested. I am going to try to do one day and rest the next and see if this helps. I do know I am over doing it. As I said I realized that I was so unactive before my last surgrey that I had really gotten out of shape so now I must be careful not to hurt myself. I am thinking of getting a trainer in a couple of weeks if this works out. I do want to talk to the doctor of reducing one of my medicanes. I have so much Hope now that I can return to my driving, traveling and of course my sewing. My other hip hurts a little but not much. Oh I just remembered I forgot to have my knee checked at one year. I better get on that. I will start going sewing now and see how I do. Its the carring of the sewing machine thats seems to bother me. I will have to work it out. Everyone do take care and do be careful of the heat or all the rain. Tashia
 
Cooler here too, thank goodness. Glad to hear you got out of the house, and then had a good rest.
Take it easy, stay cool.
 
Today I got involved in sewing I forgot everything. I am getting ready for a big class this week. I am so excited. This is the first time I feel I am ready for the class. I will have to find a way to take a good chair to sit on for the class because all the chairs are too low. I will have to work it out. Feel very good now that I am back on the medicane but I also doing not much today helped. I will start a chart to find out if there is a pattern for me getting off the schedule and hurting. I have so much Hope that my life is returning to a level that I haven't had in so many years it feels strange. I haven't had this much energy since before 2006. Wow. Thats been some time. I hope to have a vitural bike ride tomorrow and see all the green from all the rain. Everyone do take care and have fun. Tashia
 
Tashia,
I am glad to hear you are keeping track of your medication, you will be able to keep better track of how you react when you change your medication. It will be good to know what works and what does not.
Have fun at your sweing class this week.:happydance:
 
Pumpkin, Do you know how long some people have taken pain medicane. I know its been a year with this knee. I get so scared thinking I still need them. At least I can drive now. It is so nice to be on pain control. I know some of being tired is the medicane. I still have some strong stuff in me. Well time is passing and I am getting closer to recover. I am so excited about sewing today every time I had a few minutes I was going thru sewing stuff. It is easy to forget time. I still am trying to get more light in my sewing room. Well its getting late so I better get all my work done before bed. Take care and have a good week. Tashia
 
Tasha what is Medicane? I have never heard of that medication! I am so glad you are getting pain relief with it and are able to enjoy life again.
 
Brownie51, I misspelled it. I am so tired today. I see I can't spell either. I will no dough go to bed early so I can have a day of going thru my sewing getting ready for my class. I really want to go for a ride also. The weather isn't surpose to be bad tomorrow. I hope that you have a good week.
 
Tashia what IS the name of your medication? It sounds like a good one! Sleep tight my dear! I hope you wake up feeling refreshed. M
 
Marianne I think Tashia meant to say pain medicine and mis spelt it. Dont think its a brand name. Hope you have a much better week this week.
 
Thanks Pat-I was trying to figure it out...came up with medicaine but no such thing! Sounds good though. Anything to freeze our joints! ha! It's 2:25 AM and I'm watching An Affair to Remember....sigh....so sweet. Oh and I'm playing Words with Friends with one of our UK Bonesmart friends! Isn't it lovely always having someone to help you get through the night????
 
Brownie51, Isn't that the truth about having someone to play with or just have a conversation with when you are still awake. I have gotten so when I go to bed I sleep thru the night, which is so great. I do have trouble at night if I take too many naps in the day like last night. Also if I don't do anything but rest during the day. I need to start doing something every day so I get tired at night. The question is how much do I do without getting into trouble. I do some walking and some sewing during the day. I am trying to decide where to move to after I get well. I have lived here for some time and its time for a move. I like moving around that why I lived so many places. I'm trying to decided where next. I hope that you have a good day. Tashia
 
I just went for a ride and really had a close call. I wish before people back up they look to see if a car is coming. I slamed my brakes and miss the person. My right leg is a little tender. My hip is a little sore. Thank goodness I could move my leg fast.or the guy or women would of hit me. This is a very good reason not to drive until your reflection is great. Also drug free is also required. That goodness I was all of them. My credit card is so happy it got to be used so all is well. Now I must get ready for my class. I have some computer work to do before the class. Tomorrow is another day. Everyone do take care and please drive carefully. Tashia
 
It was a little warm today but I did get to go sewing store. There is a hambuger place that has the best hamburger and got to go today. My knees are hurting tonight, not sure what is going on. I will have to watch them. Everyone do take care and have fun. Tashia
 
Tashia,
I took pain medication for almost 9 months, for the knee and those torn tendons. No worries if you have pain you use pain medications. I hope you can sort out your medication. That hamburger sounds wonderful!
I am glad I am not the only poor speller here, thank goodness for spell check. Sorry I took so long to post, my back has been having a little upset after my long walk. It is much better now.
Take good care,
 
Spell check and auto-correct are the evil twins of obstacles to clear computerized communication! It's bad enough on a conventional keyboard but it's insanely frustrating on a mobile device, especially when in pain or with restricted hand movement. But it's nothing new:
I used to work as an associate (now Of Counsel) at Floyd B. Manilow Law Offices. Back in the early days of word processing programs, many lawyers thought, "Great--we can type our own pleadings and let our secretaries do the really important stuff like telling unwanted callers we're in a meeting." So I began a brief by typing in the heading "Floyd B. Manilow." WordPerfect immediately popped up a box suggesting I meant to type "Flood B. Magnolia!"
 
Dulcimer Diva, I remember those days. I was taking a test and I didn't notice that the thing had changed the spelling. Good thing my professor had a good sense of humor. It was really bad. However it has gotten so much better. I remember making one error and having to type the whole paper over. Now is changed and then you hit print. Tonight my hip is a little sore from slamming on the brake in the car. Its not really hurt but I use a muscle that hadn't been used for a long time. It will be ok in a couple of days. Everyone have a good day and remember to laugh. Tashia
 
Pumpkln, I hope that you are feeling better today. I hope that your back continues to improve. Hope you have a good night sleep. Tashia
 
Those quick stops can really play with our healing bodies, rest, ice, elevation, and medication, you will be fine. We know that routine.
Spell check in a report one time missed: The client is making good perogies. Spell check did not catch the spelling errror, it should have been good progress. Only in a cooking class would perogies make sense.
My back is better, got some trigger point injections yesterday, and today a massage.:SUNsmile:
 
Pumpkin, I am doing better tonight. I have been having a quite day and sewing. We did have a warm day so I took a long nap. I get a message next week. I want to give it time to settle down. I hope your back is doing even better. Take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom