Guest viewing is limited

TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Pumpkin, I had forgotten about the grass. I hope it doesn't die. My new parts are liking it too. The fact I am not moving around much my hip is complaining a little but just getting up and moving around takes care of it. I guess we are in for a Hot week. :scary: Do stay cool. :shocked:
 
Waited until the sun went down to go for a walk, it was warm, the breeze helped to keep me comfortable. Isn't great to be able to go out and do things, even if we still have to be careful about over doing.:egypdance:
 
I woke up with my hip hurting. I was trying to cut down but it didn't work, I guess its not time yet. I wish I knew when so I would know what to plan in the future. I want to travel but I can't drive long distance until I have less pills in me. I could travel by air but then I need to drive so that is out. I can let my pills wear off and drive locally but not out of town. Hows the weather where you are? It is really hot here. We go 105 yesterday. It didn't get down to much last night. We hit 100 at noon. Stay cool my friend. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Be careful when you cut back your medication, if you need it, you need it.
94 at the house, staying cool, and in the shade. The pool was perfect this morning, glad I went early.
:groan:boy is it hot!
 
Pumpkin, Today was only 104. This is so unreal. I keep my apartment locked up and it got so cold I had to go outside to warm up. It stayed a cool 74 with the fans going. Really cool. I went to the post office and got my order of sewing stash. I now have lots of greens, Stash party anyone? I also got some of the coolest partterns. I didn't know how to use the computer like this until after my knee got done. I joined after my hip and found a wonderful bunch of friends and I don't know what I had done without you. I feel we have more in common than the sewing buddies I have here. I was able to get my sewing up and close to running. Just about finished. And I could come here whenever and talk. What a wonderful gift. My shopping for fabric is over right now and making making kits for furture quilts including Furture Quilt of Honor. Now to truly finish and get sewing. I am working on the biquick and a quilt for the military. And to come here on the 4th of July to enjoy my time with you. I do hope everyone is staying cool, That means you Pumpkin, It is so Hot in the West! No one is safe from it. Think cool. Tashia
 
@Punmpkin, I found out that I needed it. I just went down one-half once a day and I found I needed it. :groan:
 
Lanie, Stash party to start anytime. Come over to the sewing room in the Social Room. Bring you stash and Chocolate. All the chocolate is calorie free so you can eat all you want. What colors are you going to bring? See ya in the sewing room. Tashia
 
Tashia maybe instead of looking at it like you want to wean off your pain meds, you could just substitute something weaker at times especially if you are wanting to drive. Let's say it is time that you could take your regular pain med, but your pain is not severe, could you try substituting either a lighter RX or Ibuprofen or Tylenol (if they work at all for you?). Then the next dose is back to the regular pain med. Cold turkey is not going to work for us!
This way you don't keep feeling like a failure as far as trying to get off pain meds and feeling guilty that you couldn't do it. You have been through so much and you should feel so proud of getthing this far so please don't be hard on yourself! Sure would be great if we could see your quilting! So neat!!!
 
By noon is was in the hundreds. It only got 106 but much hotter in the suberbs Some places got to 112. It is hot. I mean it is surpose to be the hotest day tomorrow. Every body really stay cool. Drink lots of water and if possible car pool if you need to go somewhere. Play with fabric, patterns, or anything else that keeps you indoors and safe. See ya at the stash party in the sewing room that in the Social Room. Tashia
 
Reno here, 70+ before 7AM. Heading for the Sierras after breakfast. The smoke from the fires will keep me inside the car, not my knee, that is a change.:SUNsmile:
 
Pumkin, What fires? I did't have any close to you? So far we are pretty good. The heat did get to me today. The humitiy really got to me. Today was surpose to be the hot day. It did cool off and didn't get as hot as it was surpose. California is really hot and dry here. Of course Az. is even worse with horrible fires. This time last year I was still recovering from the surgrey that I had in June. I was really struggles to recover. I am afraid the last one really did me in. Now that I can look back because I finally got out of town yesterday and slowly getting my life back. I am trying to get things done that haven't been done for years. I now have enough to get through the day but I do still need a nap. Now is I need to work on envenings. I really hope I can start going out in the envenings. I miss the meeting so much and being able to do things at night. I realize that as long as I cann't get off the 1 and half pain pills I will have to take them. I really wish I could go down to one pill. Right now its not the thing to do. When I get down to one then I can think of subtuting a weaker pill. I am really tired tonight. I will have to take a easy tomorrow. Maybe I just need lots of liquids because of the humidity. By have I come far. WOW it all was so worth it. Everyone do take care on the 4th of July. In the West we are to be hot. Ug. Heat Go AWay and don't come another day. Tashia
 
Fires north and south of here, no danger to anyone. And some smoke from Arizona. Glad to hear you got out of town!
 
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, Tashia! Not just because of the heat but also for your health, energy & comfort. And you are wise to listen to your body. It's soooo hot out there (vs. here in Chicago where the weather gods think it's still April) that pushing yourself to be out and about is not a good idea. And if you still have trouble staying ahead of your pain, now is not the time to titrate your dosage down. Ice, meditation (or prayer), rest and hanging out online with us will get you through this and on ahead to when it really is time to try a less potent pill (but gradually).
 
Dulcimer Diva, As long as I take the pills as I do today I don't hurt. But if I drop that half pill I start hurting. I am getting stronger. I have noticed that the pills do wear off before I take the next dose and I am ok. But I do have to take it three times a day or I get into trouble. My day will come. I use to live in Madison, Wis a long time ago. It is beautiful country. It's so green. Thank you for being so concerned. Tashia
 
[Bonesmart.org] This time I am doing it right and having a blast
tashia, because you deserve it!!! Stay cool and don't forget to take those meds like you should. [Bonesmart.org] This time I am doing it right and having a blast
 
The weather has really got to me. I am really taken easy today. Yesterday was really a ruff day. Good day with lot of rest and quiet. My flowers are also complaining of the weather. They really look sad. Another month of recovery. Boy does time fly by. I am doing so much better than I was a year ago. As I was renewing my lease I realized how far I have come. I can drive now and do things like sewing and feeling back to some normal. I still have to take medicane which really disappointment me I have to be honest. I know it can take up to 5 years which means I still have more to go. Since I had three surgies my poor body really had it. It is getting stronger so I can do things but I still need my afternoon nap. The first one was 2010 so that one is better much healed it the last one that still needs healing. Coming here has helped a lot and helped with the fact that I am still on medicane. I really do hate taking it. But to return to pain is not on the schedule. I love the days almost pain free and driving without pain also. It is so great to be able to drive while my medicane wears off for a couple of hours so I can drive. I do have to admit that I don't like to have to come home so I can take the medicane. For those of you that hate taking the medicane, Please take it as you need it. Staying Pain Free is so important. I have found that staying pain free does keep you from falling into depression, I do have to admit I still find I have down days but I also have to admit I no dought over did it. As your recover gets better you do have times that you over do it. I still am trying to know not to push it. It is hard because you feel so good. Please be careful with the pills and driving. I know this is very hard but please don't take a pill and then get behind the wheel and drive. It is so dangerous. Be careful with the fourth of July and the heat. Take care. Tashia
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom