TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Today I am feeling much better. I think I had a little bug last night. Was able to do some house work but did not much else. Stayed really low. Today did some more work in the sewing room and need to sort my mail and pay bills. this is so boring but has to be done. The weather is just so wonderful. My car asked me if it could have a car wash and I said I would so need to do that. Everyone take care and enjoy the wonderful weather if you have it. Tashia
 
Had lots of fun sewing but when I got home this evening I fell asleep and now I can't sleep. Oh well I am not hurting so that is important. Did have lots of fun. Started the quilt that I have wanted to make for years and it just might take me years to make. but that is ok because it is so simply. I just need patience like with my knees and hip. It is so fun to be able to drive again and laugh. I do have to admit that going to the meeting and the sewing buddies not knowing who I was is a little strange. They treated me like I was a stranger. Come to think about it I started making quilts in 2004 and was in a lot of pain most of the time. As the years went by, I was in more and more in pain. I was not feeling well at all. Hurt all the time. Now when I went tonight I was not in pain so therefore in a way I am a new person. That could make a face look different and also change the way a person walks, sits and even talks. so therefore I am that new person. Now I need for the sewing buddies to learn to laugh and get happy. I couldn't believe how quiet they were and so not laughing. Life is too short to be serious, I know everyone here will agree. As i have said many times that having this surgrey is a life changing envent and when you get to the other side you are a different person. I still have more of a road to travel but just think to be able to carry my sewing machine without any pain and to sit and sew without the joints rubbing each other. WOW isn't living in this time and place wonderful. Now I need a dog to join my world so I truly can have a new world with a four legged friend. I bet my dog will love the quilts I make and love to sit on them while I finish them. Boy will it have a wonderful like. So when I come home with it, it too will have a new wonderful life also. Everyone do take care and have a wonderful what is left of the weekend and for my dear friends that start work tomorrow that they too know there is a new start of each day and that God is already there to take through the day. Tashia
 
Really tired today, I think I did too much. Both knees are tender but thats ok this is first time I have used this machine since it got cleaned. Now to take a easy today. Everyone take a easy and do have a good time.
 
I finally got to have a message. I haven't had one for over a year because it was too painful but now it was GREAT! I for the first time I see recovery but I have to admit i don't consider it until I am off the pain medication. Every month when I get my refills, the first thing I do is cry because I hate it so. but I also know that I wouldn't be were I am if they weren't in my body. My poor body was so sore and under attack with bone on bone in at least three places and wasn't going to get better until it was addressed. No matter how much drugs I had in my system bone on bone won every day and every minute. Now in the hine site I am so glad I did it but I sure wish it had been done much sooner but You do what you do. As I was driving away from the message I knew I could contiues and do some errands. Nap is not on the day plan. I did take a easy before going but my driving is getting so back to normal now to get lots of miles and hours. I can laugh finally and feel that I am free from all the pain I had before. For those who have done it yet i have to be honest and say its lot of patience and pain but oh so worth it. With all the luck in the world and I was really lucky to say this. I did have some challeges but I still believe it to have the best doctor you can find. And believe its going to work. Patience, Patience, Patience and more Patience is needed. Also good PT are needed. If you don't like them, get a new one. I did that with the first knee. He didn't do anything, I mean that in every since of the word so I got ride of him. Be Patience with yourself emtionally also because it is a ruff road. I didn't do the best on that one but after all I am human and I am not perfect in any way shape of form. Please be patience with the process and take care you will make it. Tashia​
 
I was very tired when I woke up this morning and my knees were stiff but they are ok now. Did't get to go to the Art show which was disappointing but it will still be there next week. Did get my fans up and ready for the hot weather. I perfear fans over AC. Did take a small nap this afternoon so I hope I will sleep well tonight. I got in touch with how sad I am that I don't have a dog yet. But God knows when its time. Everyone take care
 
Tashia, I too am a quilter. I haven't pulled my bernina out because my TKR is right knee. I love to quilt and it is therapy for me...it keeps me happy! I started out quilting in 1979 and boy has fabric come a long way. I am waiting until I can tolerate sitting for a longer time to start using my machine..I have so many UFOs(unfinished quilts). Good luck in your recovery.
 
Lanie, Thank you for coming over and saying HI. I now can quilt but I do have to be careful not to over due it. I went sewing Saturday and carrying my machine made my hip hurt for a while. Not bad but didn't like it. I know have my sewing machine in its carrying case so I can roll it to class. I started quilting in 2004 so I am still quite new but I sure love it. As for sewing I started way back when. I was around 14 when I made my first dress and fabric has gotten so much better and so have patterns. As for UFO I have plenty. I went thru them when I was recovering from the surgies and now I am almost ready to go. I keep finding new patterns and wonderful fabric that I just have to make. Hee Hee. We have in the Social Room a thing on sewing please come and join it. If you have any pictures you can post them. I hope you are taking care of yourself and do have fun when you get a break. Tashia
 
Tashia, I love fabric and have many favorite online shopping sites I order from. You are very talented to be able to quilt and sew clothing etc. I will check out the social room. I have the blocks for 2 grandmother flower garden quilts to be put together soon. Right now it is very hard to concentrate on much other than taking care of my knee and getting sleep. I have been looking a my quilt books and magazines which can trigger a fabric attack. I
 
Lanie, Oh you are so right. Even the internet is dangerous. When did you have your knee done and how is it coming? Take care and make sure you rest, ice, elevate, and do take pain medication as needed around the clock. Do take care. Tashia
 
Today my day is starting very late like around four in the afternoon. I was really tired I guess so my body finally got its way. Something is very interesting I have been crying a lot and yet been doing a lot. So I am confused about the crying. To some degree I think its that I want to do more and can't so feeling low is happening. Last night I did look for a dog on the internet and my hope has again high. I did get in touch if maybe I should move but I do feel that God got the plan and he needs to share it with me. Every time I get up I am in less and less pain so that is wonderful. The word recover is changing every day. No longer is it trying just to get thru the day handling pain. Now there are days that if there is pain we are starting at one and twos at the most. Now I have been wondering that is stiffness Pain? Oh is it just stiff? Boy its so great to have such a problem. I am going to have to get my nerve up to go and have my shoulder checked. They are sore and I do fear that operation may be needed. I still not ready for that. My real birthday is coming up and I don't want to be the hospital or waiting for a surgry. By the way my feet are great and doing so good. Well I need to get things going and do more in the sewing room and apartment. Everyone do take care and try to have something good happen. Take care. Tashia
 
Tashia, you are in my prayers. I have a stiff knee that will hardly bend after pt yesterday. It must have been that darn rocker board. I have been icing and elevating and just walking around the house. I am now taking my pain meds every 6 hours instead of the 4 hours. Oh the ups and downs of knee recovery!
 
Lanie, Make sure you don't get into pain. Remember it take a while for the swelling to go down so be careful and rest, ice, elevation and do make sure you stay out of pain. Are you using crutcher or a walker? Don't walk too much. Take care and keep me posted on how you are doing. Tashia
 
excellant day. My knee is getting better and is healing W0W. Still need to work on bending and extension but since you don't push it, you let it decided what its going to do. Got a new caregiver today. I found that being by my self all the time is not healty for me so I took care of it. We went out to lunch and not very long and the knee awarded me by not hurting. It was good to sit up and not hurt. Even got to cleaned out some clothes and the knee was cool. It doesn't pay to get your knee angry because its got all the emmo. I hope you understand what that work is supose to mean. The knee calls all the shots and if I don't go along. It can swell, hurt, etc. So those who are reading this please remember to listen to your knees or hip. They know whats best. Well everyone do take care and do stay safe. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Today was a big day as it turned out. I had to get my eyes checked and the knees did good. After nap woke up with stiffness and a little sore but now ok. But feeling down and I am wondering if I overdid it and the feeling down is really slight pain. I know I wanted to do more but I didn't get it all done. Ups I haven't had dinner yet. Well need to eat. Everyone take care. tashia
 
Today was a ruff day with the stomach. I realize that my whole body got creamed with the surgies and now that I have the knees and hip pretty much taken care of I need to work on the body. I am not as limber as I use to be which in time will happen again. I can touch the floor so I consider that very lucky. I still find some of my body stiff and my stomach sore so now I will focus on them. The surgies are ruff and now I need to get into full recover and that means the body other than the knees and hip. Thank you all for surporting me and I know I still need you because its been barley over a year for my left knee. I am sooo greatfull for this site and all the wonderful friends I have made. The fact that you listen and give surport is wonderful. I wish I could take some of this and spread it around where I live. take care and do have a good day tomorrow. We are surpose to have rain this week. It will be so welcome. Tashia
 
I am finding that this recover is so long. I know its been a year since I had my knee done but the other knee is also not up to fulling healed. I am finding my patience is really being tried. Please don't get wrong I have come so far but this norm where I am now Is not acceptable to stay where I am. Without being able to drive where I want when I want is so trying. I spend so much time by myself that I am having trouble thinking I could stay like this for years to come. I have heard that it takes up to five years and I do understand that none of my suries are five years. My hip is so great but the knees that are trying. If I step back I have gone far but I need to start getting something going which puts me around people. Now the big question is how to be around people by not driving to get there. Here is my concern there is transportation around 16.oo round trip but only avaible during the week. The problem is they take you to and directly home. Nothing on weekends. So on weekends I am standed. My driving is ok but I have to wait until the medicane wears off. And to not get into pain while I am off them. So far I haven't gotten into bad trouble but I would really like to stay long and not have to worry about getting into pain. I have come so far but still have so far to go. Coming here helps me so much. I do hope that most of you find coming here is as helpfull as I find it. Well I do have things to look forward to like shopping for fabric. Well another weekend is here and is hot. But tomorrow is surpose to be cooler. I hope that everyone gets to something fun. Take care.
 
Right now I am trying not to panic. Today my left knee popped like something popped. Didn't think anything about it but tonight I see a bump where it did it. I really concerned something happened now. I will call my doctor tomorrow and have someone look at it. I hope and pray its just a pump I did with a chair. It doesn't seem to hurt but I know the bump wasn't there last night. My knee is a little warmer than it been but not hot. My other knee doesn't have it. Everything has been going so good I don't need this now. I am debating to see doctor to get of pain meds. Really upset right now. I hope that everyone had a good weekend. Take care. Tashia
 
Tahia, My heart goes out to you...I feel your frustration and darn right frustration at your circumstances. Take it one day at a time. I have you in my thoughts and prayers.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom