TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

Boy has today been lazy. It does feel good. Did spend some time doing some sewing and sorting of patterns. Wanted to this earylier but didn't get around to this until today. I have been thing about all this stuff. Getting three total replacrments it has been ruff but I am so glad I did. I can sleep the whole night thru without being in pain and not only that but when I go to bed I usually fall right sleep. WOW that is so great. I can go shopping be ok. In fact the other day without even thinking I took on a flight of stairs and made it to the top without too much trouble. I did have to stop for a second but thats it. Every day I am doing things without even thinking should I do or how do I do it. My ROM is getting better without me thinking about it. I think I found that if I didn't think so much about it, it was better off. It does come but you do have to be patience. Tomorrow is the day for tax. All ready for it. When that is out of my life i will be so glad. My daughter is coming in a couple of weeks. Sometime its good sometime its not. We will be going thru stuff. Do hope to do some things on the computer. She understands it much better than I. If we have time we might go and get me a dog. That would be so cool. I am really ready for one. Also ready to start traveling. I can't believe how more confidnet I have become. I am over the hump and ready to get back into the world. It has been over three years and its time to get some flowers for the patio and bring that type of beauty back into my life. I also need to get ride of my husbands things. I am turly ready to get ready for a move to a new state. The only thing I have left is my feet which could of been the whole problem that started the mess needing the knees and hip replacements. I had a very serious accident a long time ago and really messed them up. Didn't walk right for six years. Life does have its hills to climb don't they? Well I am getting sleepy so maybe a nap before my eyelids decide to watch tv again. Everyone do take care and make sure you take care of yourselves. Tashia
 
Tashia, I am so delighted your knee is getting better and better! You have waited such a long time for this and it is so well deserved. :friends:
 
Josephine, It sure has been a long rode. I am so glad I am where I am at. I know I still have more to travel but the ruff part is over. I have been able to talke less and less medicane and be able to drive longer and longer distances. I do know that I wouldn't been able to do with out you. I really mean that. When I found you I was really defeated. I was so sore all I could think was how can I get out of this pain? I found Hope, Friendship that is so special that no one can even imagine how much it means to me. You and all the other Angels are really a God's Gift to your fellow Humans. I know I can never return all the strength, hope that you gave me and other. From the Bottom of my heart. Thank You. I will always have a special place in my Heart for you. Please take care of yourself because you deserve the best. When I do reach the final line I know it was because rooting me on with the others. I will be sticking around so finish my journey and to help others in their jouney. LOV Tashia
 
T,ashia,
I am so pleased you are having much better days. You have have had a long journey to get where you are now. :angel:
 
Pumpkln, It does feel great. Finally I am seeing some Hope in my recovery. My knees are sore but I think it is the storm. So I will wait for a couple of days before I reduce more medicane. I see the doctor for my foot this week so we will see whats going on. I relialize that I am really nerves about it. I have so had it with surgrey. Say a pray that all is well. How are you doing. I know you are disappointed that you didn't get to skie this year. I will pray that you get to next year. Please take care. Tashia
 
tashia, Thank you for thinking of me, I am disappointed I did not get to ski this year :sad:. For those of us with complicated recoveries, oh well, that is the way it goes. I need to go see my new OS for x rays of my left knee cap, I am certain that is causing 50% or more of my pain and activity limitations. Looking at x rays from last July you can see a bone spur on the outside of the knee cap and some cloudiness in the joint space. I have time for surgery after the family vacation in July.
Sending prayers this week that all is well with your feet :angel:.
 
@Pumpkin I was just thinking you just had one knee done right? The reason why I am asking is I had my right knee done and it was horrible. My knee was so swollen most of the time and hurting like mmmm until I had the other knee done. It now doesn't swell and the pain is almost none. I wonder if you are in the same fix. When I had the left one done my thinking was at least I would have one good knee but as it turned out. I will have two. Even my feet were very bad until I had the last knee done. Just a thought. I do hope everything does turn out ok. We are going to get to the end.

I got the x-ray from my feet and found out that having my knees done and my hip helped my feet and stopped them from getting worse. I start PT on them tomorrow. If this doesn't work, I will start having acupucture on them. For the first time I finally fill I am getting on top of things. It took me over three years but now making grounds and heading for the finish line. I still know it will be a while but it feels great to be on this side of the hill instead of still climbing it. Tomorrow I will reduce my medicane again. Really going slow because I don't want to get out of control on pain. My mouth also feels good. Pumpkin we are going to make it! We may have to help each other on the hill but we are going to make it. Take care my Friend, Tashia
 
My right knee is healthy, no pain, and x rays are normal, thanks for checking to be sure the other knee is OK.
I hope the PT is able to help your feet tomorrow. Take it slow and easy.
 
Pumpkln, I was able to go to a meeting tonight, it felt so good. It was very interesting. I will start trying to do things with the guild. They have opening in the camp that is coming up and I would love to go but I know trying to drive would not be smart. I sure would love to go and get some beautiful Lake views but I will go next Fall for sure. The wind finally stopped but not before it got my eyes iching. Well thats what Hayfever pills are for. Tomorrow is surpose to be in the 80s and I have a PT appointment. I sure hope this mines I am near the finish line. I have to be very careful not to set myself up for a problem. I just feel so good that I was able to get ride of 1/'2 of meds. I am a little sore so I may have to slow down with it but it feels so good to making progress. Please take care. Tashia
 
So good to hear great news after a long recovery. Mine hasn't been anything like yours but the fact I have to have another surgery when I just thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is so darn frustrating. But you give me hope. This is just another bump in my recovery and many have it so much worse. I understand the depression even if it was due to Vitamin deficiency. Seems we take time trying to figure what is causing it. Can be winter too! I am so glad we are seeing the beginnings of spring. 80's wow! We probably won't see that till June, lol. I pray your recovery continues to just get better and that your visit with your daughter goes way better then you can imagine. :goodpost:
 
60mom Life does seem to happen doesn't it. It is very common that after you have one that the other side does get into trouble. Spring can't come fast enough. I plan to get some flowers for my patio so I can see some flowers blooming to cheer me up. Thank you for coming to my site and posting. :friends: Take care. Tashia
 
Warmer weather today, it was freezing here yesterday. Let me know how your PT visit goes, I hope they are able to help you with your feet. Good to hear you will be able to make it up to the Lake this summer, it is such a beautiful place, and so close to home. Take it slow and easy.
 
Pumpkln, I had very good day. :happydance: Went to the PT and found out that just exerise is needed. :yes!: No more visits. Thank goodness because getting to this place is a pain. I also found out that the foot that had two surgies still has a arch. Not as high as the other but still have it. I do wear inserts because of the arche problem. He wants me to take ice baths with just the feet. :shocked: Never heard of that before. I will try it but I had frost bite on my feet when I was very young and their very sensitve to cold, so we will see. Having my knees and hip done has given me a blessing I didn't know about until now. I was so afraid that some day I would be in a wheel chair but now I truly have high hopes my further is not going that way. I do know the muscles in that foot have really been hurt so I do have to be careful. When I had all these replacements I was just thinking about my knees and hips and nothing more. What a wonderful present. :SUNsmile: I do hope you start getting some wonderful surprises like I have had. The thought of seeing the lake again really makes me happy. I guess I have been so busy trying to take care of the replacements I haven't even thought of the furture that it will bring. Take care my friend, Tashia
 
Tashia,
Great news that you only needed one visit, and you still have an arch:yay: on your foot.
Ice baths, Brrrrr. In my experience, people last about 8 seconds. And yes, I have done it with my hand, and it is freezing!!! It feels soooo good to get it out of the ice bath.
The ice bath just may help with your foot pain.
Wear a sweater.
 
Pumpkln, I was tired today so I took a easy. I think I am having a little trouble in reducing my meds. This morning my head was really pounding when I woke up and is still doing it but not as bad. My pain is low so I may of needed that one=half of a pill. I thought 10 would be long enough between reduction. Well I will keep trying. I haven't tried the ice bath yet, I am trying to get my nerve up to do it. I let you know how it turns out. I would like to start woking out but I am concerned I might hurt myself. Enjoy the wonderful weather we are having in the West. Tashia
 
I am having trouble reducing my medicane. This is so depressing. I have to admit I do hurt a little. I felt so good today. In fact I got some flowers which is the first time in years. In fact I think you have to go back to 2006 right before I found out I had Cancer. I really have been on a roller coaster since then. That God for giving me my sewing. I don't know what I would of done without it. Also my sewing camp gave me time to be with Mother Nature and to hang in there. I have to admit there were a couple of times I thought about giving up but I was to take a step at a time and do what I am surpose to do. During that time I had made a lot of quilts that I have given to the Soliders of my Country, Cancer surviors and Homeless. it would be sad if they didn't get a Thank You and a quilt to put over them to keep warm during the night. I am so grate full I can make them. I do miss traveling which I will get back to this summer. I will just have to start slow because I tire easily. I am very lucky to say to the least to be Cancer clean and be able to get thur the surgies that I had to have. This week I found that by having these surgies my feet now are in the right position so I have stopped them from getting worse. I know that their are those out there who are wondering if they will make it. The answer is yes but like me you will have a hard road. I could be bitter but look where I am now. WOW. Please remember people here do care and we will support you we need to know who you are so we can help you. There are those who don't want to join and I understand that too. I do hope you find the strenght and keep trying. Please take care. Tashia
 
Tashia,
Sorry you are having problems reducing your medication, maybe it is too soon?
WOW, I am impressed with all your sewing and the wonderful gifts you have made for others!
Please take it easy today, sounds like you need a day to sit back and relax!
 
@Pumpkin I have been sleeping most of the day. Got up very late and had lunch and then layed down for a nap and sleep till 6. Still tired. It felt so good to have the energy boost yesterday. It felt so normal. Tomorrow I will start getting the place cleaned up for company. The most differcult thing for all these replacements is still having to take pain medicane. Being tired is a pain but I am getting stronger. I miss going sewing on Saturday nights but most of the time I don't have the energy to drive home so I don't get to go. That is so disappointing. That is just the way it is right now. Only one sewing group is close enough for me to drive so I will be so glad to get my room done so I can sew. I do miss the social part terriable. When I am tired I am negative. I wish I could find a herb that would give me more positive attitute but I haven't found it yet. Well I got to go and eat. I do ho[e you had a good day. The weather has been great. Pumpkin did you get wind today? I head that it is windy where you are. Take care. Tashia Thank you for listing.
 
Well I have decided to celebrate my knees. Now let me see. The first knee was done 6 March 2010. That makes it 3years and 1months old or 37 months old. WOW Time does fly. The second was 4 June, 2012. 10 months old. WOW I got some kids on my hands. They are most of the time very behaved. then I also have a new hip that is 13 September, 2011 or 2 years and 7 months or 31 months. Wow I have lot of little kids to take care of. I am so glad they came and started living with me. I don't know what I would do without them. By now I would be in a wheel chair and very sad indead. I would be very dependence on people which I would not like. I am 66 getting ready to have a birthday soon. Life is so good right now. So let me see if I know my kids. R Knee 37 months, R Hip 31 months, and L Knee 10 months. My Cancer has been gone for since April of 2007. I still had some Cancer in me after the surgrey in December 06 but got rid of 2007. Wow I have been so luck. And a lots of work on my part. My hills have been very big and I wondered at times if I would make them but I know I am strong just like everyone else here so we all are going to make it . I love my quilting and have many more to make. That will be up to God. I also have a move to do this year. This summer I will fly to one of my places and see what I think of the summer. I have many roads still to travel. Many more people to meet and get to know. I will be getting a dog. I don't know if i will get one before I move or not. We will see. I am getting interested in plants again. Boy has that been a long time. Its so good to start seeing myself again. Pain sure does something to people. It does chance them but after its over they know they are stronger. Now I am getting strong and getting ready for many more journeys. Everyone do take care in you journeys and have fun. Tashia
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom