TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

I understand the joy and satisfaction you get from rescues. I rescue cats, and each one of them through the years has been a blessing.
 
I feel the same about rescues. My cats are from Cats Protection, our first dog Lucie came trotting in to the nursery where I taught along with all the children one morning. She hung around the school all day and no one claimed her so I took her home. We had her for 14 years. Then we had Boris, a Jack Russell, a poundie who was rescued from 'death row' in the nick of time. It was heartbreaking that he didn't have a long life, but he had nearly five happy years with us. We got Mandy our Irish Terrier (she was advertised as a Jack Russell!), from a man who lived in a horrible first floor flat and was a lorry driver. I think he was going to use her for rat catching, so we feel we did rescue her. She's a wonderful companion and loves her creature comforts.
Feel better soon.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the antinausea med does the trick for you.
 
I sure hope the meds get worked out for you and the anti-nausea medicine helps. You need some food to help recover.
 
Day 17

Wow...I guess I needed some sleep. Practically slept around 17 hours in total. I'm suppose to have PT right before staple removal. Not sure, should I try pain med while on the anti nausea med???
 
I hated having the staples removed! I'd take the pain mess for that alone. My infection surgery had 52 staples, the took half out one week and half another. But I'm a wuss...
 
@KarriB
No you're not, you are a very brave lady. I think so anyway!
@Kazilla
I hope that long sleep did you good and that you'll get some pain relief if you take those meds.
 
My hubby cancelled my PT today. Said I have not eaten enough nor have enough strength after all I've been thru the last few days. He made next one for 8:15am on Monday.

That leaves just the staples removal today. Still debating on the pain med. Take it and anti nausea together? Try to brave without it? Still on fence.
 
I also take the anti-nausea med with my pain med. That keep the pain meds from making me sick.
 
Good for Mr. Kazilla--better to stay home today. I wouldn't have felt I needed pain meds for the staple removal--but then I was able to take pain meds on a regular schedule...
 
Staples out....zero pain. Now with steri-strips. Am allowed in pool in two weeks. Next follow up with doc is in four weeks. He suggested halving the pain med and taking anti nausea med at same time. Then follow with second half a couple of hours later so full dose doesn't hit stomach all at once.

Right now Mr. K is in my kitchen cooking. The downstairs looks like disaster area from the 3 men. Not a clean spot down there. :bored:
 
It's nice to have a man take care of you, but not too many of them know how to clean!
 
Staples out....zero pain. Now with steri-strips. Am allowed in pool in two weeks.
I'm glad the staple removal went well.

Even if the two weeks are up, please don't go in the pool unless your incision is completely healed, with no open areas and no scabs at all. If you go sooner than that, you risk introducing infection. It's best to err on the side of caution.
 
Happy to hear the staple removal was good. I am a wuss about it. I suggest you plant yourself, elevate and direct a few of those males downstairs. :thud:
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom