TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

That's just SO ridiculous- it can't be that difficult for the on-call physician to give you a quick call and have the nurse call something in. Where is the concern for the patient anymore? I'm with Marian- keep calling them back. Or better yet, get that sweet husband of yours on it. Fingers crossed here...

:tantrum:
 
THANK GOD-!!! The first time I took Josephines tylenol/tramadol suggestion I noticed relief within about 30 minutes. Which really surprised me since I had been on narcotics up until then. I'm so happy for you!! Hoping for good sleep for you tonight~
 
Day 15

No sleep. I had reaction to Tramadol. Nauseous and diarrhea all night. Finally got two hours sleep between 5-7am. I am wiped. No way I'm making it to PT today. Head hurts, probably from dehydration from overnight.
 
@Kazilla, I'm so sorry to hear about your reaction to Tramadol. What a miserable night you had. Hopefully, you can catch up today. It's a good idea to forego pt. Missing it won't hurt you at all.
 
Gotten some Gatorade down. Trying toast. If I'm very adventurous, I may try some applesauce for lunch.

The dr office called to followup from last night. Let them know I was/am sick from Tramadol. They think the rash is from the oxycodone. So wrote new script for new med.

Back to rest/elevate/ice for me today.
 
So sorry to hear this- hope the new script will be better for you. I sometimes have light nausea, not sure why, but my personal chant is, 'this too shall pass'. Praying for a much better afternoon and evening for you!
 
Been resting today. But sleep has eluded me. I have kept down toast, applesauce, Gatorade, and some plain rice.

My son picked up the new med: Nucynta
Anyone taken this one? Never heard about it before.
 
I hope the new med works for you without any side effects.
 
I've 'sort of' tried Nucynta. I have a new PCP and before my TKR explained to him I was so worried because I can't tolerate any narcotics. They make me dreadfully sick. He wrote me a Rx for Nycynta because it's new and one I hadn't tried. I filled it, and then chose a day where if I got sick it wouldn't be the end of the world. Took one.

Nothing happened as far as making me sick. But, of course, I didn't take it to take away post op pain, either. So, I don't know how effective it is. I just tucked it away as an option to try after my TKR.

It was so expensive - several hundred dollars to fill it, but my PCP had a coupon that picked up whatever my insurance didn't. In the next week Medicare kicked in and they honor NO coupons of any kind, so the only pills I'll ever have are the ones in that first Rx.

I never needed to try them again, as I tried Dilaudid first with this TKR and along with anti-nausea meds, I could tolerate it.

How's the Nucynta working for you?
 
Oh my goodness I've been reading through your thread and when it got to yesterday evening and no call back from the doctor I found myself saying out loud "someone please call her back" and then your post that you got a call and prescription for tramadol and I was so relieved for you. Short lived seeing your reaction to it. I'm so sorry for this setback in pain meds because we all know how hard it is to function with the pain from this surgery. Praying the new medication works and that your stomach settles. And shame on that PT! Hope things go back to improving again really soon. Side note your boys sounds sweet.
 
Day 16

Again, similar result last night with new med. I have had almost no sleep and practically very little food in two days now. Had some toast and Gatorade this this morning, and its sitting like a rock still.

Knee is swollen and sore today. At this point, even afraid to take Tylenol as stomach is hypersensitive right now. Tomorrow is staple removal day.

:dead:
 
You have so been through it with pain meds. I can only imagine at 2 weeks how much pain you much be in. I hope icing and elevating helps some. At about 4 weeks I just gave up and take tylenol only. I can tell you that at 6 weeks it's better. I know that is so far off for you but there is light at the end I promise. Praying you can eat and that swelling goes down today!
 
Just called doctor again. They will probably be calling in an anti nausea med. It would be perfect timing if they do call it in within the hour. My husband and son only work morning shift today, so either could pick it up on way home and I would have it just after noon.

This has not been a good week at all , hoping it's just a speed bump in this journey.
 
I need anti nausea meds to take any strong pain medication especially if I'm taking more than once a day. I also tended to have more nausea when I was constipated. I have no idea why it just happened that way.
 
Trust me @newlybionic , I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING left in me!! LOL!!

At the same time as this today, I am coordinating our delivery of our new shed. Trying to have fence company take panels down, have shed delivered, and panels back up all in same day. So our big pups don't need to be walked (on top of everything else). Thank goodness for my younger son today, he's dealing with these guys as they arrive, and taking care of me.

And, because my life today is just that way....my xfinity cable in my room has decided to give me grief and not connect today.

Guess it's not a play lotto day :rotfl:
 
Sometimes nothing goes right, and you can't see an end to it, but it will get better. Try to keep well hydrated and just rest and let your family look after you. I hope the staple removal will go well and not tire you out too much.
What breed are your pups? I've got an Irish Terrier, she's great company.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
Both are rescues. Darker one is going on 13 years old. He's a long haired shepherd mix. Rescue group found him as a 6 month old pup on the street. Figured he just got loose, but nobody looked for him. He is my love!!!

Lighter one is a lab mix. He is about 3 years old. Had rough start to life. Born into a home that didn't want the litter, so they gave them to the rescue. His first adoption didn't work out due to illness of the owner and she returned him to rescue. Second adoption lasted a few months, then owner needed to move. She asked his foster mother to take him for a week or so during move. She said yes, but was out of town for few days. Just dropped this sweet baby at humane society without a word (against their adoption agreement). He was chipped so the rescue got him back. We saw his pic on their site Sept of that year, but knew we couldn't get him then due to time constraints with school. He was available still in Dec so we put in our application. His foster mom and I still keep in touch. She was thrilled that when we moved, he was getting a huge yard to play in. We even found out that he loves to play in the snow.

My parents only did rescues so that rubbed off on me. These rescue pups seem to be the most loving and protective creatures.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom